TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: STORE OWNERS BOYCOTT EBAY IN PROTEST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
[quote author=CSS link=topic=4457.msg18155#msg18155 date=1153377347]
I looked up these addy's let's all just flood these media giants with direct requests for them to just LOOK at the ebay forums

MSNBC business@MSNBC.com

CNN Headline News http://www.cnn.com/feedback/hdlns/

Squawk@cnbc.com

http://squawkblog.spaces.msn.com/PersonalSpace.aspx

I sent them a message with the link to the ebay stores board, so they can see for themselves

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=21
[/quote]

Who has a web cam?  How about some personal video testimonials?  This is one option to use to get it "on the air":  http://www.youtube.com/
Hi -

I sent an email to three of the addresses listed for media, as a disabled store owner.  Figured the human interest angle might get their attention.  I'm willing to email any other media outlet anyone wants me to.

Elisa
[quote author=amy link=topic=4457.msg18141#msg18141 date=1153369405]
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=4457.msg18138#msg18138 date=1153369210]

Nope. None of it matters. Not until ya say Cya
[/quote]

Bob said Cya in December 2004 and missed out on all the fun--last year's fee hike, this years search meltdown, and fee hike.  ;D
[/quote]

Now, I can hardly remember what the last straw for me was. The biggest surprise to me is that people are shocked by this.  :o

This is what ebay has been doing to everyone for years now, on so many levels. And every time people flood the boards and say that they're gone. A lot of them are the same people, too.

You can't write a business plan when a company has that much control over you and acts so mercilessly on a whim. And you can't build a business without a plan. I left because the writing was on the wall. Nothing has changed.

The cheerleaders will tell you that only the strong survive. That's true. But the survival rate is much better outside of ebay. Why are people so addicted to ebay? Even when they're barely breaking even.

That said, I'm not convinced that this is not a good move BY ebay FOR ebay. That is a major hike that would require a massive exodus in order for them to feel the pinch. Anything short of that will still end up as a plus in ebay's books. And I think they've calculated correctly that an exodus of that magnitude is not going to happen. Walk

~Bob
Yea that's the ticket get the media involved.
eBay will cave to media pressure.  NOT

I feel sorry for all you Stores folks.
But MANY of us have been telling you
for a LONG TIME about what ebay is all about.

They have been throwing wrenches in your works
for at least a year or two now,
in hopes you people would realize that they
DON'T want  to have stores after all.

I'm sure I don't have to list all the negative stuff you have endured
as a result of calculated and intentional moves made by eBay.

Moves that where in FACT
designed to try and get you to go away.

What do they have to do? Hit you guys over the head with a hammer?

The Stores Team has been lying to you all along
while gladly taking your money every month.

If this latest move by Bill and gang doesn't
give you your wake up call... I just don't know what else will.

IMO the answer isn't closing your stores and listing more auctions.
THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO DO.

The answer is moving out and closing your wallets and purses
and relying as little on ebay as possible until you don't have to rely on ebay any more.

Bob's right about the impact.  With a fee  hike this large, even if HALF of the stores and HALF of the store listings disappear, eBay still winds up ahead $$ wise.
CSS and all those interested in pursuing this boycott, I am addressing this to you.

Xppman said:
Quote:The answer is moving out and closing your wallets and purses
and relying as little on ebay as possible until you don't have to rely on ebay any more.

After sleeping on it, I have to agree with what XP said above. Ebay will barely notice a boycott and the only pain to be dished out will go to the sellers who lose money.

I feel that we need to focus our energy on moving our businesses off ebay to our own sites.

To that end, I would like to see this thread (or a new thread, perhaps posted by Amy or BBH, etc.)devoted to the discussion of how to accomplish this.

Those of you intent on boycotting are free to do so . IF instead you would like to learn to run your business wtihout ebay, this is a great forum in which to do that also.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! Thumbsup

Nicole/bellisima507

Btw, if all the sellers intent on leaving ebay were to migrate to one site, that could prove to be a good thing.
Btw, Xp.
Cliniclady said TT has no credibility cause you're posting nasty sheep pics here. ;D ;D
Tell that Confusedmileyazwipe:  Cliniclady  to :nbiteme:  Lol
You know I was just taking a look at my sales.

Since April 1st I have had 9 sales on ebay.

9 freaking sales (that's pathetic to say the least)
and out of those nine... I had to chase three or four of them
around the net to get paid and one of them (that paid via paypal)
can't give me an address that the USPS
site can accept to even print a label.
(I've told him I'll refund him but can't refund him because no body
has even paid using PP since the 10th of July and there is
no money in there to refund with).  Laughing7

On the other hand I have had a little over 300
sales from the website and other venues.
Several of them sales were multiple purchases. Smile

I had a few shopping carts abandoned and most those were
converted into sales after just one e mail to the customers.

The answer is moving out and closing your wallets and purses PERIOD.
[quote author=stardust link=topic=4457.msg18162#msg18162 date=1153386442]
I'm all FOR bad press.  Go for it!   8)
[/quote]

Count me in!!  

To those that depend upon an income by selling on eBay... my apologies... I DREAM and HOPE that enough bad press will put eBay UNDER!!!

[quote author=xppman link=topic=4457.msg18187#msg18187 date=1153406878]
Tell that Confusedmileyazwipe:  Cliniclady  to :nbiteme:  Lol
[/quote]

I like the name "STDLady" better.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31