TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: STORE OWNERS BOYCOTT EBAY IN PROTEST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Quote:I am in on this, will be interesting.  The only thing that bothers me is the store owners that arent' aware of the boards and what is really going on,  wish there was a way to let them know.
Quote:Jolee, that's why we posted it here. This thread feeds to 48 search engines and Auctionbytes has also linked to it.  Smile

The week of the 14th - the 21st of August 2006, we are asking all ebay sellers  to boycott eBay by not listing and not buying. If you have a store, spend the time culling & restructuring. If you don't have a store, just do it to support your fellow sellers. WE DO HAVE A VOICE---LETS BE HEARD!!!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Smileymegmeg

Anyone who posts a reply on this thread, please include the above info so it is always on top.
Anyone lurking who has a forum that will allow them to post this info, please do so.

Press inquiries are welcomed @ press@belle-affaires.com
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4457.msg20037#msg20037 date=1155036894]
The week of the 14th - the 21st of August 2006, we are asking all ebay sellers  to boycott eBay by not listing and not buying. If you have a store, spend the time culling & restructuring. If you don't have a store, just do it to support your fellow sellers. WE DO HAVE A VOICE---LETS BE HEARD!!!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!
                                        Smileymegmeg

Anyone who posts a reply on this thread, please include the above info so it is always on top.
Anyone lurking who has a forum that will allow them to post this info, please do so.

[/quote]

Count me in on both selling ID's

eclosetclothingandmore
fullmoon_intimates

Wav
Count our store in.  I have not been happy about any of this, but figured a way to maintain the store after all the announcements.  But, for now, this is just a hobby for us.  I have no excuse to not participate for the week.  I can certainly afford to do so.

I posted a call to arms over on the SRG board last evening - it is in the thread on Italy getting their SIS back.  I called my fellow sellers there chicken shit if they did not participate.

After several of us discovered last night that all international sites had SIS returned, including Canada on Wednesday, I don't think you will have any difficulty getting participation now.  Just need to publicize.

Of course, SIS is still not available in the U.S.  Angryfire 

Abbey
I'm in too.  I'm furious after listening to the investors call.  I need the income, but I'm not getting any sales over there anyway.  Thankfully I get a few from my Shoppal store.  Thank you again BBH and Anita for the prodding to open a site elsewhere.

Bonnie (bgib)
Rob,
So glad you have seen the light, so to speak----we welcome your participation!!
Quote:I posted a call to arms over on the SRG board last evening - it is in the thread on Italy getting their SIS back.  I called my fellow sellers there chicken wombat poo poo if they did not participate.
Happy001 Thumbsup

Quote:Count me in on both selling ID's

Hi Wahm Wave
Great to see you, glad you're in!! Big Grin

[quote author=campinglady link=topic=4457.msg20360#msg20360 date=1155210100]
I'm in too.  I'm furious after listening to the investors call.  I need the income, but I'm not getting any sales over there anyway.  Thankfully I get a few from my Shoppal store.  Thank you again BBH and Anita for the prodding to open a site elsewhere.

Bonnie (bgib)
[/quote]

Welcome, Bonnie--glad to have you particiipate!! Thumbsup

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Smileymegmeg

[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4457.msg20362#msg20362 date=1155210386]

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Smileymegmeg

[/quote]

While I am firmly entrenched in this endeavor, I wanted to quote a Posting I.D., from the Stores Board that I just saw and totally agree with and have felt exactly the same way, from the last price increases, right to the present.  I just never posted it.  This person did and is, imho, absolutely correct.

"The only thing that will force ebay management to its knees is for a nationwide and worldwide refusal to list. Close all stores. List nothing in the site core. And DO IT UNTIL THEY LOWER THE FEES TREMENDOUSLY AND STOP BLOCKING STORE ITEMS FROM THE SEARCH ENGINES !!

Only problem is, as soon as they offer a 5¢ or 10¢ or 50¢ listing sale, every lister with no b*lls will start listing again! And every lister who sells counterfeit/fake items will jump in with everything they've got -- which is probably half of ebay's income, anyway!"
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4457.msg20362#msg20362 date=1155210386]

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!

Smileymegmeg

[/quote]

Auction sales only for 8 years.
I'll support the boycott.
Quote:Only problem is, as soon as they offer a 5¢ or 10¢ or 50¢ listing sale, every lister with no b*lls will start listing again!

Exactly. Even in the "boycott auctions" thread on the SB, when it was suggested that Ebay might offer a sale that week, some folks said they might not be able to resist listing if the price drop was low enough.

If these people cannot go a week without running auctions, then they really are far too dependent on Ebay.  Icon_scratch
Quote:Auction sales only for 8 years.
I'll support the boycott.

Hi Jessie! Smileywelcome

[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4457.msg20370#msg20370 date=1155213202]
Quote:Only problem is, as soon as they offer a 5¢ or 10¢ or 50¢ listing sale, every lister with no b*lls will start listing again!

Exactly. Even in the "boycott auctions" thread on the SB, when it was suggested that Ebay might offer a sale that week, some folks said they might not be able to resist listing if the price drop was low enough.

If these people cannot go a week without running auctions, then they really are far too dependent on Ebay.  Icon_scratch
[/quote]

They are shooting themselves in the foot if they do. We all know that unless we are able to convince ebay that they need us, Stores are on their way out. They need to consider more than the short-term ramifications.
If they can't resist that sale, they are not in business for the long-term, IMO.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31