TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: STORE OWNERS BOYCOTT EBAY IN PROTEST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I agree with Beth on this and Bargain on the brown bag lunch.

XP, when you were up against paypal, what  was said to you about your chances of impacting them in any meaningful way?

Bob and Stardust, are you against boycotting ebay just for the sake of principle? Btw, that question wasn't meant to be contrary. I just feel that the principle  of the thing is worth standing for.

Regic, Bargain and Cranky, thanks for your support.

To me it is not whether it makes a big difference in ebay's bottom line. It is about standing up for ourselves.

I don't sell that much from my store so it will be a minor loss of revenue for me.

unfortunately, although I'm actively trying to change this, ebay still generates anywhere from 10- 30% of my monthly income, so it would be more than a minor loss for me...

Hi Odds,  Wave

Glad you're here! Smile  You too, Hoardmeister! Wave

Quote:Any way to keep this darn board from jumping up and down?

Uh, Bargain,Regic...is there?

Btw, Regic, thanks for turning the feeds on.
Can someone please tell me how to put a poll up? Big Grin
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4457.msg18064#msg18064 date=1153349255]Bob and Stardust, are you against boycotting ebay just for the sake of principle? Btw, that question wasn't meant to be contrary. I just feel that the principle  of the thing is worth standing for.
[/quote]

Nah. Nothing to do with principle. Just total ineffectiveness. Ebay either works for you or it doesn't. If it does, you stay. If it doesn't, you leave for good. When ebay doesn't work for enough people, then it goes belly up. But boycotting for a day? Ebay doesn't care.
Hi Rob,  Wave

Good to see you here. We could really use your support on this, btw! Smile
Bob said:

Quote:Nah. Nothing to do with principle. Just total ineffectiveness. Ebay either works for you or it doesn't. If it does, you stay. If it doesn't, you leave for good. When ebay doesn't work for enough people, then it goes belly up. But boycotting for a day? Ebay doesn't care.

We already know that ebay doesn't care. They don't give a rat's asp even though they are likely putting many sellers out of business. They have very kindly proven many times just exactly how little they care. We know that.

The point is not to change their minds.

It is to make a point.

Should we just be  Confusedheep5: Confusedheep5: Confusedheep5:??? Go quietly away? No protest? Nothing?

Protest Protest
Im' In, just pick the day...week or month not to sell...we can do it, sales are dead in the water right now anyway!!
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4457.msg18071#msg18071 date=1153350186]

The point is not to change their minds.

It is to make a point. [/quote]

I guess I don't see the point.

Quote:Should we just be   Confusedheep5: Confusedheep5: Confusedheep5:??? Go quietly away? No protest? Nothing?

I've always felt that actions speak louder than words. A one day boycott only  brings you right back to ebay the next day.
Hi Jolee Wave

Good to see you here!

It may take a while to get this organized, but we can do this and we can at least make a point.

Much better to feel empowered than to feel helpless.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31