TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: STORE OWNERS BOYCOTT EBAY IN PROTEST
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4457.msg18068#msg18068 date=1153349699]
Can someone please tell me how to put a poll up? Big Grin
[/quote]

use the "post new poll" button (it's next to the start a new topic button).  If you want the poll topic merged into this thread after you start it let me know.
Quote:I've always felt that actions speak louder than words. A one day boycott only  brings you right back to ebay the next day.

Bob, I agree. Personally, I will more than likely close my store. I don't need it for the $ and the aggravation may cause me to walk.
Many others can't just walk away. That is the point. I know 1-day is like throwing a pea at a tiger! Big Grin But most can not afford to do more.
At least they will feel as though they did something.

Any ideas are welcome.  Smile

Thanks, Regic!!
:-\ One thing I am wondering about, on the stores board, everyone talks St. Elsewhere,  Now where exactly is everyone selling, I have tried one, it's dying a slow death, is there a #2 auction or stores site that we all could turn into a #1?  Even if a third went with this new St. Elsewhere....wouldn't that make this site grow into something good?
Do you mean an auction site, Jolee? If so, I can't answer that other than to say that no other site comes at all close to the traffic count at ebay.

If you mean a website, Tulip Hosting would be a great place to move.--I am building my site here because I know that I can count on great support, among other things.

Well, I never knew this place existed until today, so will have to take a look around.  And, the home fires are burning up the stores board.....I am going to be up all night reading the posts.  Keep me informed on the day...or the plan.
Appropriate or NOT.
It is here.
SO DEAL WITH IT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/x...10a8fe.gif

I modified it to make it NOT IN YOR FACES. 
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4457.msg18084#msg18084 date=1153351732]
Do you mean an auction site, Jolee? If so, I can't answer that other than to say that no other site comes at all close to the traffic count at ebay.[/quote]

If you sell media items--books, cds, etc--Amazon Marketplace beats eBay for sales. If you probably won't make much money except during November and December.

Overstock has good sales if you're in their Trusted Merchant program ==you need a minimum of $1000 combined monthly online income.  If you're not in the trusted merchants program sales can be slow.

Yahoo auctions is good as a second source of revenue --plus there are no listing fees or FVFs-- but if you're looking for a place where you'll make enough to support yourself on keep looking because Yahoo isn't that place.

Most of the other small auction sites you'll be lucky to get 10 sales in a year.
I just had to cancel a CC because of AUCTION.COM

they just started billing peoples card a few months ago.

Heads UP to all you SEO gurus like me.
cliniclady is all over the sB.

OK I'm more than ready...Let me know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31