TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Sucker is Born Every Day...Showbidz and Swoopbug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I will have my programmers look at your configuration suggestions, and I will look at those marketplaces, thanks.

I googled Rick or Richard T Austins phone number and got a match on his address, but he is using a different last name, Richard Locicero. 

He's hiding something, so I did a criminal backgroud check and found he was convicted of a violent crime, a felony with a gun in 2002 in Florida.  Thats enough to get the police and FAA to check him out.

Why don't you guys see what you can dig up?
Quote: I will have my programmers look at your configuration suggestions

I don't think Ray has the technical knowledge to operate a Linux server without WHM/CPanel.  The results would be disastrous if he was forced to use the command line instead of pushing a button in WHM/CPanel. Lol

One suggestion you could make to your programmer binarywebs is that he stop lying to his Probidhosting clients and ripping them off by telling them they have a dedicated server when what they actually have is a dedicated IP address and their site is hosted with several other sites on one of his dedicated servers that he leases from his host ThePlanet.

earlier quote in this thread Wrote:16 GB ram

Ray's dedicated servers do have 16GB ram but that 16GB is shared among all the sites on the server.

Quote:I will look at those marketplaces

They're not marketplaces.  osCommerce, Magento, and PrestaShop are open source shopping cart script makers.

My point was that the vast majority of sellers off eBay aren't spending their time looking for an auction site to replace eBay--and most importantly either are the buyers. 
Adding to my previous post.  You've been conned big time scottydo.  The server you're on does have 16GB ram but you're sharing that RAM with the other sites on the server.  Ray leases 2 dedicated servers from his host ThePlanet.  You're on the 209.2.x server.

SITES HOSTED ON RAY's 209.62.x DEDICATED SERVER
209.62.2.226-used for nameserver and as a shared IP for several sites including probidv6mods
209.62.2.227 -used for nameserver
--------------
209.62.2.228 -121bid
209.62.2.229 -alsoshop
209.62.2.230 -torrentscript
209.62.2.231 -ultimateoffroadauctions
209.62.2.232 -probidskins.com
209.62.2.233 -scottydo
209.62.2.234 -eautowiz
209.62.2.235 -plunderhere
209.62.2.236 -no domain but a copy of Nash's YSP auction Happy001
209.62.2.237 -thebartendersbible.com

HiBidder, Auctionpimp, and several other sites are on his other server 174.133.x

Ray's con game is helped out because the WHOIS records at DomainTools for some idiotic reason automatically label any site with a dedicated IP address as "Dedicated Hosting: domainx.com is hosted on a dedicated server" even when the site is sharing a server with dozens of other sites.

FYI- ThePlanet's dedicated servers all include a minimum of 5 IP addresses.  If you only have 1 IP address on a server at ThePlanet you don't have a dedicated server--you're sharing space on someone else's dedicated server along with several other sites.
Quote: Ray leases 2 dedicated servers from his host ThePlanet.

2 dedicated servers with 16 IP addresses (13 usable) on each server.  See the changes I made to Regi's IP address list for the blackbox.probidhosting.org server  Smile

Quote:SITES HOSTED ON RAY's 209.62.x DEDICATED SERVER
209.62.2.224 -IP reserved for network
209.62.2.225 -IP reserved for gateway

209.62.2.226-used for nameserver and as a shared IP for several sites including probidv6mods
--------------
209.62.2.228 -121bid
209.62.2.229 -alsoshop
209.62.2.233 -scottydo
209.62.2.234 -eautowiz
209.62.2.238 -available IP waiting for Ray's next victim
209.62.2.239 -IP reserved for broadcast

Quote: You've been conned big time scottydo.

Auxoo's Nisan is a bigger fool.  He fell for Ray's con and moved Plunderhere to the shared Probidhosting server from a dedicated server at iWeb and is no doubt paying more than he was at iWeb.  Confusedtolensmiley:

Although many auction site owners are paying binarywebs and Probidhosting for a dedicated server, not a single one of them really has a dedicated server.  They've all been duped and all are hosted on those 2 servers.
Quote: phone number and got a match on his address, but...different last name

Duh. Not news. See the 2nd post in this thread.  RA and RL aren't the same person.  If you want history Google Snohomish Superior

Quote:many auction site owners are paying binarywebs and Probidhosting for a dedicated server, not a single one of them really has a dedicated server.

Duh.  Not news.  Imaginary last names and imaginary LLCs beget imaginary dedicated servers
[quote author=mandy link=topic=19006.msg75628#msg75628 date=1260788327]
Quote: Ray leases 2 dedicated servers from his host ThePlanet.

2 dedicated servers with 16 IP addresses (13 usable) on each server.  See the changes I made to Regi's IP address list for the blackbox.probidhosting.org server  Smile

Quote:SITES HOSTED ON RAY's 209.62.x DEDICATED SERVER
209.62.2.224 -IP reserved for network
209.62.2.225 -IP reserved for gateway

--------------
209.62.2.228 -121bid
209.62.2.229 -alsoshop
209.62.2.233 -scottydo
209.62.2.234 -eautowiz
209.62.2.238 -available IP waiting for Ray's next victim
209.62.2.239 -IP reserved for broadcast

Quote: You've been conned big time scottydo.

Auxoo's Nisan is a bigger fool.  He fell for Ray's con and moved Plunderhere to the shared Probidhosting server from a dedicated server at iWeb and is no doubt paying more than he was at iWeb.  Confusedtolensmiley:

Although many auction site owners are paying binarywebs and Probidhosting for a dedicated server, not a single one of them really has a dedicated server.  They've all been duped and all are hosted on those 2 servers.
[/quote]

:Smile

The blackbox.probidhosting.org server has 16 IPs/13 usable but the primary.probidhosting.com server only has 8 IPs/5 usable. :imptongue:

Quote:network:IP-Network:174.133.220.8/29
network:IP-Network-Block:174.133.220.8 - 174.133.220.15
network:Organization-Name:Binarywebs Developments LLC
network:Organization-City:Oldsmar
network:Organization-State:FL
network:Organization-Zip:34677
network:Organization-Country:USA
networkBig Grinescription-Usage:customer
network:Server-Pri:ns1.theplanet.com
network:Server-Sec:ns2.theplanet.com
Quote:network:IP-Network:209.62.2.224/28
network:IP-Network-Block:209.62.2.224 - 209.62.2.239
network:Organization-Name:Binarywebs Developments LLC
network:Organization-City:Oldsmar
network:Organization-State:FL
network:Organization-Zip:34677
network:Organization-Country:USA
networkBig Grinescription-Usage:customer
network:Server-Pri:ns1.ev1servers.net
network:Server-Sec:ns2.ev1servers.net

If you pay money to a site whose 'about us' and 'support' pages consist of Latin filler text and that doesn't provide any contact info anywhere on the site you're a moron and shouldn't be susprised when the loser who owns the site scams you.

I'm not sure where you got the idea ScottyDo was running on a dedicated server, it's NOT.  I switched to Ray's server after he did a test and showed me that the auction would run better if we had more RAM or horsepower, and yes I know its shared by other sites.

The problem my other server had was it was only 2GB of
RAM being shared by several sites, and it could not handle all of Ricks ads that we loaded.
Quote:I'm not sure where you got the idea ScottyDo was running on a dedicated server,

From this quote would be my guess :
scottydo Wrote:Example we just opened www.ShowBidz.com and its a php my sql scipt which requires a minimum of 16GB of RAM, a quadcore processer, and a special harddrive. We kept having problems and after loading alot of ads, the site got sluggish. My host had NOT set up his server correctly, and so I switched to a server with alot more horsepower or go go power, now its loading pages fast. We bought a penny auction www.SwoopBug.com and it reqires a dedicated server($250 a month) just to run properly and handle the expected traffic...........
-------------------------------------------------------
a positive review NOT of ScottyDo from across the pond

Pheebay's sunray Wrote:Well Scott, as you have a history of fly by night websites and spam posts all over the web I've decided to remove the links you placed pointing to your latest website and have stopped you displaying a signature link and/or avatar too.

If you return again just to spam yet another, at best borderline, website then your account will be permanently disabled.

I seriously advise you to give up trying to use the online auction model as a get rich quick scheme. It wont work and you will only find grief trying.

http://www.pheebay.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6385

scott Wrote:Its not a get rich scheme or a pyramid like alot of folks have accused me.

There is no way to lose money, because you don't have to pay any money or buy anything.

Time is money.  If you spend your time listing on a site with no buyers and a 6 month GMV of $10 instead of a site with buyers and sales you will lose money.

scott Wrote:I thought this forum was a place to talk about ebay and alternative online sales venues.

A site with one $10 sale in 6 months is not my definition of an online sales venue.

Pheebay's sunray Wrote:Sorry Scott, I forgot to ask you why the site 247swapmeet.com that you were also posting around the forums in late 2008 is no longer up and working? Bad name again? Bad partner? No customers? No income? Too successful to cope with?
scott Wrote:It's the same auction and plan, I have just been trying different names trying to find one I like, until I get it right.

Make that one $10 sale in 12 months. :Smile
Quote:I switched to Ray's server
First mistake... Why would you want to do business with someone who has run "racist" worn panty sites (still hosted on the server)... bought and resold copies of an illegal file sharing script (still hosted on the server)... and allowed the sale of live animals to anonymous buyers (still on the server)... and refers to the President in such terms that could easily land him or his business associates in court per the Patriot Act just merely for their association with him and their names on his bank statements.

Did you know that Godaddy.com will host your site for just $5-15/month with full access to an SSL, Control Panel, all coding languages, and probably the best bang for the buck today?
But if you want him to have access to all your customer's information on his server (he can view your entire database) have complete control over your site (his "HACKS" are encrypted) and complete control over your traffic (he can delist from search engines from his CP) then by all means, stick with what you have.
ScottyDo TOS Wrote:Membership to this web-site is only available to those you can form a legally binding contract
ScottyDo TOS Wrote:This site acts as the window for sellers to conduct auctions and for bidders to bid on sellers' auctions. We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers.

Oh, really?

user kina zip 96707 Hawaii: http://www.scottydo.com/Guess-Handbag,na...fe1d107641
user jigs zip 96707 Hawaii: http://www.scottydo.com/Christan-Dior-Ha...c2cd20bfde
user scottceci zip99208 Washington http://www.scottydo.com/Custom--Sports-P...33dadce947

Until the site is actually incorporated, the legal entity to whom members are entering into a binding contract when they agree to the ScottyDo terms of service is Scott Christenson not ScottyDo/ShowBidz/ProfitSharingAuction/247SwapMeet which is not a legal entity and therefore can not enter into a binding contract (such as a TOS). Those 3 IDs are proof that the legal entity members are entering into a contract with IS involved in at least some of the actual transactions between buyers and sellers.

This same TOS problem is repeated on countless small auction sites --example Alsoshop where the legal entity members actually enter into a contract with when they agree to the TOS is Lynette Jester (not the fictional Alsoshop LLC).  Jester has been involved in hundreds of transactions between buyers and sellers despite her TOS claim that We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers

I'll leave you with a quote from the Peebay ScottyDo thread:
Quote:it is pathetic internet hobbyists that pretend they know how to run a business that cause so much damage to the reputation of the alternative online auction industry and make it that much harder for the sites that do have professional, intelligent and well meaning people behind them.
http://www.pheebay.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6385
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15