TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Sucker is Born Every Day...Showbidz and Swoopbug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Showbidz Ad for custom eBay auction clone script Wrote:Wanted: Computer Programmer to build a Custom ebay auction clone script

Auction script must be able to handle large load of ads and traffic similar to ebay.
Category   : Computer Programmer
Location   : United States - Hawaii - Kapolei
Posted On   : Nov 20, 2009
Posted By   : ShowBidz
Employer   : ShowBidz
Views   : 18

Looking for a computer programmer to custom build auction script that can handle large loads of traffic and ads just like ebay. This program must work just like ebay and have all the same features.

Submit an overview of what computer language program will be written in and why, and what equipment will be necessary to grow site. Also include price and obstacles we will encounter as site grows. This will be an expensive project, and we have the money, we just want to do it right the first time! Were not looking for one of the current alternative auction scipts on the market, because they are limited on their load amounts and functions.

http://jobs.prlog.org/30003932-wanted-co...cript.html

Showbidz owner  Scot Christenson email excerpt posted on PSU by Swoopbug's Richard Austin Wrote:i don't want to rip you off, i told you i just don't have the money right now, i'm really behind on my bills. i will settle up with you when i can, but i need to see the receipts now after all this.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/about30...sc-30.html

Quote: Another press release -if you read Tenderosity's PSU post you've already read the press release.
http://www.prlog.org/10441583-showbidzco...ember.html

The 12/4 and 12/7 Showbidz bashing press releases posted by Swoopbug (aka 'concerned citizens') were deleted from PR Log but are available on several other websites and in Google cache.
Quote: once we get a new domain name.

the new name: ScottyDo.com Happy001

private WHOIS registration
The name name immediately made me think of >> [click me]
boinktard 1 and boinktard 2 kissed and made up and attempted to change history by editing all of their PSU posts....you know, the posts where they called each other frauds and scammers. :Smile
That was quick.
They still confirmed everything that was claimed here that was said to be lies, and it was saved by at least 2 members here.
Rinky dink tip of the day:
Don't take business advice from a fisherman who "hacks" substandard software, claims his business partners are frauds after he has ripped them off, retrieves the identities of his past "partners" and begins to buy "hack" their scripts again, openly promoted the sale of animals to unverified buyers, calls himself the auction pimp, was called "racist" by the largest dirty panty auction site online when he spammed their forum with his own dirty panty auction site, creates "hacks" to lie about a site's stats to fleece the sheep, refers to our President as the "Magic Negro" and "Osama," hosts owns a site's server that offers thousands of illegal knockoffs and nazi scum memorabilia, and resells a torrent search engine to illegally download music, movies, games, software, and pictures.
Guess they are back at each other again. Wonder if he will go back and re-edit his edits when they made up.  Happy001

scottceci on PSU Wrote:I need to warn everyone about Tenderosity or Rick, (Richard Austin)

I am now convinced this guy has lost it and is a crook or scam artist. 

I put him in contact with my programmers when he came to me asking for help with his ads.  Everything started out fine, but the more involved I got with this guy, the more messes he created.  We had several disagreements over some business arrangements and went our seperate ways.  Mainly because he says he spent $2000 on advertising which we never got any real visitors from.  Either he didn't know what he was doing and threw away the money or is part of the scam, but it was all autobots or fake traffic.

He opened swoopbug.com and started using fake or schill bidders to make it look like there was alot of traffic, and dragged me into this mess and forum members making allegations about it.  The problem with this is, customers have to pay real money to bid against fake bidders, that's fraud and I want no part of it.

Now this moron sent a letter to my employer, the FAA Federal Aviation Administration, claiming I was insane and trying to run airplanes together and planning to kill people.  Beside the fact he was trying to get me fired from job, he has backed himself into a corner because federal investigators are now investigating the case, and he is looking at felony charges.

Be warned, stay clear of Rick Austin & SwoopBug.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewtop...546#286546
Where to begin?

You guys enjoy twisting the facts and taking everything out of context, and in several cases just making up lies for your own entertainment, but once in awhile you do get a few things correct or close to the truth.

I guess you think it's funny to call people names and make fun of them, but that's shows what kind of people you are. 

So let me help.

My Affilate Program, is just an extension, or I expanded on the idea of giving just credits for recruiting referrals like most auctions do, by also paying sales commisions.

ebay keeps 100% of the selling fee profits, I am splitting those profits with the members that recruit referrals thru our email invitation.

So you will get an equal share of the selling fees, your referrals pay to the auction when they list items.  This is divided up by the number of members in the direct upline.

The way I am able to do this, is I applied a MLM or Amway type pay system, with downlines, to the auction.  Again most auctions already have this feature built in, where you get credits just for the members you recruit, but not beyond the first level.  I just expanded on this concept.

I had a custom program built that divides up the selling fees equally, and deposits the credits into each members account directly above the seller.  The sales commissions will be paid out monthly, once the site gets going.

I know everyones first reaction is its a pyramid scheme, but there is no way to lose money, because you don't pay anything.

You can use your sales commissions to buy your own medical & dental insurance, thats up to you, and I just provide a link to ehealth insurance, who offers the lowest plans & prices by law, across the country.

I don't issue stock and will not in the future, because I profit share.

I don't have any employees and plan to run the site as a Co-op where the members are part owners thru profit sharing, and will help police and run the site, because they have a interest in it.

I'm offering members the oppotunity to earn sales commissions and to build a downline of referrals big enough to create retirement income.

I started out with the name profit sharing auction because its hard to find short names, and this got my marketing message across.  But it was too long and hard for people to remember.

Thats when Rick Austin came into my life, and it has been nothing but problems and cleaning up his messes for the last couple of months. 

Initially Rick offered to load alot of ads on my site.  I could not help him, so I referred him to Ray, who has been really good to work with and I have nothing but good things to say about him.

Rick got excited and wanted to get involved in my business and showed me that he could get alot of traffic to the site.  He said he had an advertising and marketing background, so I agreed to try some ads, once my site was done.

Rick started going out and buying clones for craigslist, ebay and then he found a penny auction, and wanted to set up an, all in one stop network.

He bought the first of three penny auctions from Josh, who I only talked to once.  I didn't know anything about these auctions and asked him some questions about how it worked and for setting up some things in the admin area.  I thought Josh was nice to talk to, I guess he slammed me thru association with how Rick treated him.  All I know is the auction would run for two days and crash.  Josh put it on his server and when Rick overloaded his site and server with traffic, it crashed.  Two of my programmers said there was a design problem and it could not handle all the querries, and that Josh had limited programming skills after talking to him.

So after trying another scipt that had the same problems, he found the current SwoopBug which has been running good, but has some other programming issues.  I thought Ricks intentions were good, but found out he was using fake bidders to make it look like there was alot of activity on the site, instead of just setting a reserve price.  The problem with this, is your spending your money to bid against Fake Bidders or schill bidding, and that is illegal or fraud.  He said people were buying bid packs and the site was making alot of money already, but thats when he ended our partnership, so I don't really know because I was not involved, except thru association.

When I changed my Profit Sharing auction to ShowBidz, that was Ricks domain name and he insisted on using it for his marketing plan.  So trusting him, I didn't care as long as he could make it work.  After finding out the name or trademark was owned by someone else, was about the same time some of his other messes started cropping up, and we parted ways.  Why that company let the domain name expire I don't know, but I guess they didn't want it, but I didn't want to deal with the potential legal issues. 

So I changed the name to ScottyDo.com because it was catchy and easy to remember.  I did file the papers to incorporate, but will not sell stock. 

Rick is a really strange guy, he's very likable, like most con artists, but I don't know if he's just stupid or dishonest or both.  He is crazy and will do anything to get even if you cross him.

After our big fight, he sent a letter to my employer, the FAA, and said I was crazy and planning to run airplanes together and kill people etc...

Now the feds are investigating so he will have to deal with them and is looking at felony charges.  Maybe he will end up behind bars where he belongs and end this nightmare.

I hope this clears up some of your misconceptions, and thanks for the tips about Rick, I read some comments he made here, that showed his true colors.
Scott,
I don't know you, but I doubt you are really a dishonest person. There are only a handful of auction site admins I believe to be truly dishonest (and many, many others share that opinion) and there are only a couple that I believe are trying to corner and scam the market.
The problem is your associations. You make public statements regarding your relationships with "businesses" that are known to be less than ethical without checking them out first, then go back and say everything is fine, then the truth comes out once more. That makes joining your site a very bad business move for anyone. If you used a supplier that overcharged you, then you said they didn't, then they did again, you'd look like the bad businessman, not them. Same principle.
You are/were in with the owner and host of Swoopbug, who have been shown through links to Ripoffreport.com to be still in business together and have zero integrity, which was already known a couple years ago. Once you lose credibility, you'll never regain it even if it was lost for no good reason.
Do I think you are dishonest? No.
Do I think you have made some really bad business decisions without seeking the information before making them? Yes. This is even evident by following an unscrupulous script reseller's advice on PSU to setup a false LLC in Nevada for your domain registration.
That in itself makes your site a bad risk for any serious seller, and that risk has to be removed before you can plan for any success.

Good luck with your "issues" with Rick. You are dealing with the biggest OAI fraud to date, probably because he is "working" with the second biggest fraud to date.
Quote:They still confirmed everything that was claimed here that was said to be lies, and it was saved by at least 2 members here.

..and here it is: Swoopbug owner Rick Austin and ScottyDo owner Scott Christenson's deleted posts

http://peebay.baywords.com/files/2009/12...esn_t-.pdf

(PDF hosted on servers in Sweden :imptongue: )
Quote: I guess you think it's funny to call people names and make fun of them, but that's shows what kind of people you are. 

When you and your on again off again buddy Ricky issued press releases that falsely labeled your critics as felons it showed what lowlife pieces of sh.it you two are and is just one of many reasons why sellers should avoid any sites you two clowns are involved in. 

Quote: The way I am able to do this, is I applied a MLM or Amway type pay system, with downlines, to the auction.

An Amway (now known as Quixtar) pay system where only a handful of people at the top actually make any money? Is that the same Amway whose leaders were named to this top 5 scammers list?

Quote:I don't have any employees and plan to run the site as a Co-op where the members are part owners thru profit sharing, and will help police and run the site, because they have a interest in it.

You need to take a remedial business class before you even think of running any site since you can't seem to grasp the basics like "ownership".

Quote: You can use your sales commissions to buy your own medical & dental insurance, thats up to you, and I just provide a link to ehealth insurance, who offers the lowest plans & prices by law, across the country.

Your marketing gimmick of "ScottyDo offers something that eBay doesn't....medical/dental/retirement bla bla bla" is nothing more than a marketing gimmick and is a lie. You don't offer anything that sellers couldn't get on any other site if they sold enough since they will have to buy their own insurance . Sellers could use their profits on any site to buy their own medical and dental insurance.  The average eBay seller would have a hell of a lot better chance of being able to afford health insurance than a seller who joined ScottyDo would.

Will you be sharing the profits you receive from that Commission Junction eHealth Insurance affiliate link with the "part owners"?

edited to add some sarcasm:
Quote: Rick got excited and wanted to get involved in my business

I'm always amused by people who think they can forgo writing a business plan, or doing due diligence on potential partners, because they honestly believe that the mere act of spending $170 on a cheap script and slapping a bad logo on it will create an instant "business".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15