TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Sucker is Born Every Day...Showbidz and Swoopbug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
[quote author=Showbidz link=topic=19006.msg75489#msg75489 date=1258524634]
You people are really mean and cruel!

I can't believe the things you wrote about us, and I've never read so many lies, and seen so many facts taken out of context, and twisted into some kind of conspiracy theory.

This is so stupid, its funny, but thanks for entertaining me!

Please don't come to any of my sites, we don't want trouble makers like you guys and gals on our sites. 

[/quote]
[quote author=SwoopBug link=topic=19006.msg75490#msg75490 date=1258530173]
What a funny story. I read it with some degree of interest for no other reason except to understand what type of people dedicate a huge ammount of time twisting things into something they are not. A story based on no real facts other than piecing together a series of writings and adapting them to a story that is fabricated takes time.Which for some odd reason you have plenty of. Are you retired,fired, or just don't fit out in the public. most likly the odd person out type, couldn't get a date,still lives with mom and blames the world for their sad ugly little life. can't look you in the eys ,hides in the closet when company comes. soils themselves when face with a conflict. not married, never dated in love with their left hand ??? we know the type they are in the news all the time, the colombine,types  Smileyviolin  How SAD that's all these people have in their lives. Time would be better spend outing the real bad guys and there are plenty of them rathing than making up some of your own. I wouls comment GET A LIFE but it seems this IS YOUR LIFE  how sad indeed and whats real funny and amuseing is that the only people who believe what your writeing is you, and the couple of people who share the same life with you
[/quote]
[quote author=SwoopBug link=topic=19006.msg75492#msg75492 date=1258545834]
Sure not that is any of your business my sad sad person but there was a bug in the script and a refreshed script was installed and some of the test info was still imbedded again none of your business and that sure make a big conspiracy go get a life no one promised anyoe part ownership in anyhting the promis is to shae in slaes revenue from referrals,sales ( commission you idiot not stock, no mention of stock) stop making something out of nothing. many many other places do the same thing its say profit sharing revenu not stock options,ect. again go get a life,wife,or a dog. you know what makes people like you dangerious ,your the ones who end up going out and killing people because your fed up with your sad little lives.
no matter what we say here it will be twisted to enhance your point of view so we will just leave you now to your funny pathetic little lives. don't expect any further answers you got your rise enjoy it. while it lasts
[/quote]

I'll pay $100 if anyone can find examples where  John Donahoe or Jeff Bezos joined seller forums in reaction to criticism of their sites and posted statements like these 3 quotes.
Swoopbug...
Sounds a bit like almost identical to Swoopo...
I wonder how long it will be until Swoopo starts taking legal action against sites that use all but 1 letter of their name with an identical concept and design.
Maybe you should ask owners of all the "***Bay" auction sites eBay's lawyers have shut down.
When you mess with someone's patent (i.e. patent site concept) or copyright and trademark (like a name) you may want more than 54 profit -$7,331.96 loss sharing partners to back you up.
Of course, I am sure that your web host told you all of this when he setup your site for you... especially when it is hosted at a server called "SWOOPOHOST.COM"
http://whois.domaintools.com/swoopohost.com
Quote:  Administrative Contact:
      Ray, S  [Image: email.pgif?md5=6ad763d2237c706b705a0eb11...ransparent]
      Binarywebs Developments
What happened to the LLC?
It still illegally claims LLC protection here:
http://whois.domaintools.com/auctionpimp.com
Again Regic, your twisting the facts and telling lies.  I am not selling stock or going to have any stockholders. 

When I first presented my profit sharing idea, someone suggested they would rather have stock in the company, and I considered it at one time, but decided against it.

My profit sharing plan will spread the selling fee profits among the members that WORK at recruiting referrals, and there is no way to lose money, because you don't have to pay any money to join or buy anything.

All I am doing, is taking the selling fees you would pay anyway, and equally splitting them up with the members that recruit referrals and promote the site. 

Mandy, again you are taking things out of context and not telling the truth.  To educate you, the reason I SUGGEST using an escrow service like PayPal along with a credit card, is if you do get ripped off by a seller, all you have to do, is call the credit card company and file a dispute.  They will immediately credit the money back into your account, and then try to contact the seller to resolve the problem.  If the seller is dishonest, problem solved.  Paypal is a hassle to deal with period, and slow to resolve disputes.

You people keep making all these accusations which are just not true.  Were just trying to setup a good auction site and experimenting with some new sites like swoopbug, and it takes time and alot of work.  We have had several bugs and problems getting some of the sites to work the way they are suppose to, and it takes time and money to fix them.

Somebody said FotoAds was illegal or something, and I had bought three scripts.  That is a great script, and the program works very well, and I had some custom changes made to the script for the layout, and added some features, and I own two scipts, not three.  The guy that I bought it from has been in business about 12 years, so I don't know where you come up with this garbage.

I renamed ProfitSharingAuction to Showbidz because people were having a hard time remembering the name.  We moved to a different server at the same time because when we started loading the 341,000 ads that really are on the site, it bogged down the server.  Ray told us what the problem was, and that we needed a server with more horsepower.  The site is running alot better now, and we are working on some things to improve it more, because we plan to load alot more ads.

I noticed you really attacked Ray because of things he has done in the past, but he happens to be very good at what he does and an expert on php probid.  Like him or not, the guy knows what he is doing, and solved the problems no one else could figure out.  I like Ray, he has been very helpful and good to deal with, and is my friend since I have gotten to know him. 

Some of you folks need to take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself if you like who is looking back at you.

I don't know where all this anger is coming from, but I haven't done anything illegal or wrong, or ripped anyone off.  Were just trying to set up  some businesses, and it takes time, and you make mistakes.  You fix the problems and continue on, you don't give up and then blame other people because your not happy.
[quote author=scottceci link=topic=19006.msg75495#msg75495 date=1258558441]
Again Regic, your twisting the facts.  I am not selling stock or going to have any stockholders. 

When I first presented my profit sharing idea, someone suggested they would rather have stock in the company, and I considered it at one time, but decided against it.

My profit sharing plan will spread the selling fee profits among the members, and there is no way to
[/quote]
Since you are convinced that you aren't doing anything illegal by running a "sharing" system...
If this is so, have you:
a)Being in the United States, retrieved all Homeland Security required information about each profit sharing member on an I9 form and submitted it to the US Government?
b)Submitted all applicable IRS paperwork? http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15a.pdf
You will need to decide if each person is a contractor, employee, statutory employee, or statutory non-employee. Each requires different submissions to the IRS, and when you plan to share profits that is a big issue.
On top of that, if you are planning to share profits, you will likely need an accountant and lawyer on staff, because paying one to run all the appropriate legal forms with each new member will cost more per hour than per year.
Any amount paid to any "profit" sharing member is considered income to you, and you will be tracked for your online transactions through Paypal by the IRS beginning next year. You will need all of this information in your records before you start sending out those checks.
On second thought, -$7331 at a rate of $9.42 in fees collected for 6 months, I'd say you can start cutting those checks in the year 2417. Happy001
See, that's exactly what I mean, the only thing you have to say is negative.  We haven't even started turning a profit yet and your bringing up issues and making up problems that don't even exist yet.

I will let an expert, my accountant advise me on what needs to be done, once we get to that point. 
Quote: Again Regic, your twisting the facts.  I am not selling stock or going to have any stockholders. 

If you're not selling stock then you shouldn't be posting statements on various sites that give potential users the impression that they will be part owners and/or stockholders.

Your site's profit and loss statement clearly refers to stockholders:
Quote:General Journal 10/29/2008 BinaryWebSD Auction Add... Stockholder ... 71.85 71.85
http://www.profitsharingauction.com/comm...d.php?t=40

Your site's balance sheet also clearly refers to stockholders:
Quote: Stockholder Loan 7,341.38
http://www.profitsharingauction.com/comm...d.php?t=39

Your sales pitch on various sites clearly gives potential users the impression that they will be part owners (as stated earlier in this thread the fulfillment of this "ownership" promise by you would only be possible if 'showbidz" is owned by a legal entity, i.e. a corporation/LLC/LLP . Part ownership can not be given if it is owned by a sole proprietorship)

Quote: FREE Co-op where the members are part owners in their own auction
http://forums.myspace.com/t/3922163.aspx...viewthread

If the members are not part owners and there are no stockholders then it is very misleading to refer to "stockholders" on your balance sheets and to make a sales pitch that promises ownership.

I also see that you've conveniently avoided answering parts of my questions so I'll repeat them:

1. What is the name of the legal entity that owns the sites and which state is it incorporated in? This shouldn't be a difficult question for any auction site or venue owner to answer --and it should be stated on the legally binding agreements like TOS, privacy policy, etc that venues ask users to agree to when they register.

3. Can you explain the security problems on your sites: a. no SSL b. Swoopbug visitor IP addresses and other info exposed through the stats service you're using c. the decision to use a script (UltimateAuctions) with known security problems (as documented by Secunia and other security vulnerability databases) on USCoinBid and IslandSwapMeet?

==================================

On another note...once again some boinktard has threatened Tulip Tools with legal action if we don't remove a thread - specifically the Showbidz/Swoopbug thread

Quote: There is a seriers of these writings posted by this member and It looks like several others making false accusations,liable staments, and accusations of conspirasy and criminal activity although some people have nothing better to do in life, i find these people to be in violation of all your policys( nothing they said was true to any degree, nothing was based on fact, everthing written was fabricated or twisted to look like something it is not. I cannot sit here and defend a bunch of lies, but I can protes that this need to be removed and any related writings from this group be removed. it's people like this that takes a well intention forum like yours and turns it into something horrable they tok a series of blogs, who is ifo ect and turned it into something it was not useing little exerpts here and there and combining them  look this need to be dealt with if not we will look to your forum for any reprecussioons
Quote: this garbage is hitting the internet now, and it is just that garbage,inuendos and lies and if there is damage because of it, we are looking to you for compensation. we have advised you of the abuse and if you chose to ignore our request to remove this garbage before it does harm or dammage it's going to be your liability there is no freedom of speech protection for liable and slander, false statements and the like are not protected rights. sure i can say this site is backed by drug dealers and child molester but i better be able to prove it and until i can without doubt I cannot post it and let it stand without consequenses. these people are trouble makers and there is no basis for their accusations if it continues any futher we will take legal action.

As is our policy when legal threats like these are made, copies of the above 2 C&D messages have been submitted to the EFF's Chilling Effects database.

Okay this is the last statement I'm gonna make, and I'm not gonna waste any more time on this.

My accountant had me set up my books for a corporation so we are already set once I incorporate, that is why the term stockholder is used, but I will not be selling stocks or shares.  That is all accounting stuff to catagorize and organize my accounts, for my expenses that were paid out.  The link you used says stockholder, but its all for purchases made by the corporation, once its finalized. 

I have not set up a corporation yet, because we were in the process of moving and fixing alot more important problems, like getting the website to actually work the way its suppose to.

The Ultimate auction claims your making about security issues are the first time I have ever heard that, and I'm not gonna waste my time trying to defend it.  Its not like any of the information we get is Top Secret, people register their name, address and email.  We don't give out that info to anyone and never had a problem on FotoAds.  We just setup swoopbug and its still a work in progress. 

As far as profit sharing, is it really misleading to tell someone that they are a part owner of their own auction business since its a Co-op where the members run it and they have the opportunity to profit share thru our affiliate program, especially since I will actually pay them real money, and actually split the profits with them.  It seems to me, if your earning money from Showbidz, than you are a part owner.  Once we get incorporated, we will look at what needs to be setup and what forms are required.  I just recently decided to even incorporate, after talking to some accountants and lawyers. 

Seriously, don't you guys just ever learn? See your competitors with these sad scripts making big bucks? No. So, why spend the time and effort to manipulate a couple of sellers to sell on your sites?

Instead, why not put your time and effort into something that will actually make you money? I mean for heaven's sakes, you have an accountant? With the money your competitors make, they can't even live on their own let alone hire staff.

You say you are sad for the people that pick your site apart, but really, are they the ones that look sad?

You say it's nobody's business, but that is a PSUcks attitude. You know, the whole "lets sucker sellers and no one should care" bs.

TulipTools is the only site I've seen so far that actually cares about sellers and lets them know which sites to stay far away from. I've learned more on TulipTools in a couple months than almost a year at PSU.

You guys would do much better at PSU where they allow sellers to get manipulated. You just won't win here no matter how much bs you scoop out.

Quote:My accountant had me set up my books for a corporation so we are already set once I incorporate, that is why the term stockholder is used, but I will not be selling stocks or shares.  That is all accounting stuff to catagorize and organize my accounts, for my expenses that were paid out.  The link you used says stockholder, but its all for purchases made by the corporation, once its finalized.
No, the term "stockholder" is used to manipulate and make it seem as though sellers will be more than they are. One doesn't use that term as a mistake nor does one use the term for purchases or whatever that last excuse was.

Quote:The Ultimate auction claims your making about security issues are the first time I have ever heard that, and I'm not gonna waste my time trying to defend it.  Its not like any of the information we get is Top Secret, people register their name, address and email.  We don't give out that info to anyone and never had a problem on FotoAds.  We just setup swoopbug and its still a work in progress.
This statement alone means any seller should run from your site asap. Many people have unregistered information for a reason. Your lack of giving a damn about your sellers and buyers information is truly sad.

Quote:As far as profit sharing, is it really misleading to tell someone that they are a part owner of their own auction business since its a Co-op where the members run it and they have the opportunity to profit share thru our affiliate program, especially since I will actually pay them real money, and actually split the profits with them.  It seems to me, if your earning money from Showbidz, than you are a part owner.  Once we get incorporated, we will look at what needs to be setup and what forms are required.  I just recently decided to even incorporate, after talking to some accountants and lawyers.
It's amazing how many sites try to pull this stunt and then never end up making any money so they never have to pay any money out. Seriously, you'll be lucky if you even get enough buyers to cover your expenses.
Quote: The Ultimate auction claims your making about security issues are the first time I have ever heard that

I'm not making the claims - the security vulnerabilities in Ultimate Auction 3.x were verified by all of the leading security firms and the US government's National Vulnerability database (US-Cert) and have been public knowledge since JANUARY 16th 2006.  If you own a website and care about your site/and users' security you should regularly check the vulnerabilities databases.  There is absolutely no excuse for any site owner not to be aware of security holes in the scripts they're using when the information is widely available.

Quote: It seems to me, if your earning money from Showbidz, than you are a part owner.

speechless... :Smile

Quote: these people are trouble makers and there is no basis for their accusations if it continues any futher we will take legal action.

You'll need to hire a UK attorney and file the suit in the UK. Here's a list of solicitors. Smile

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=london+solicitors&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=solicitors&hnear=london&view=text&ei=e0EFS_mPMITRnge40em7Cw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCgQtQMwAA

Quote:  there is no freedom of speech protection for liable

I believe that individuals who choose to use the word liable instead of likely or apt are covered by the US Constitution's First Amendment free speech protections.   Smile

Usage Note: Liable, apt, and likely are often used interchangeably in constructions with infinitives, as in Zach is liable to lose, Zach is apt to lose, and Zach is likely to lose, but the three words have subtle distinctions in meaning. A traditional rule holds that liable should be used only if the subject would be adversely affected by the outcome expressed by the infinitive. The rule therefore permits Tim is liable to fall out of his chair if he doesn't sit up straight but not The chair is liable to be slippery, though constructions of the latter type have long been common in reputable writing.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/liable

swoopbug.com Wrote:Are you retired,fired, or just don't fit out in the public. most likly the odd person out type, couldn't get a date,still lives with mom and blames the world for their sad ugly little life. can't look you in the eys ,hides in the closet when company comes. soils themselves when face with a conflict. not married, never dated in love with their left hand ??? we know the type they are in the news all the time, the colombine,types  Smileyviolin  How SAD that's all these people have in their lives

Here are 2 very, very relevant articles. Smile
http://www.hoover.org/publications/digest/3062866.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/09/opinio....html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=uneducated%20american&st=cse

Iamwithstupid note to self: supersize this smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15