TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Sucker is Born Every Day...Showbidz and Swoopbug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
[quote author=scottceci link=topic=19006.msg75607#msg75607 date=1260569397]
and thanks for the tips about Rick, I read some comments he made here, that showed his true colors.
[/quote]

So are you going to run back to PSU and state this very same thing there? I mean after all, didn't you call all of us here "fools" on PSU? But aren't we (TT) the ones who proved you had a trademarked name? Let us see you go post that on PSU, or is it you can only badmouth those that open your eyes?  Tard
XWPopper, I appreciate your comments.  What I don't like is the fact some of the folks in this forum are so negative and fast to judge and condemn before you know all the facts and whats going on.  I see this on all the sites you guys go after.

Regic, I am new at business and have made plenty of mistakes so far, but I am honest and I'm just trying to setup the best site I can, and offer people a better option than ebay.  I love ebay, you can find anything there, but the whole idea behind this, is their selling fees are too high and its hard for sellers to make a profit now, let alone buy medical & dental insurance. 

It will take some time for my site and idea to catch on, and people will have to actually put some effort into recruiting referrals, but I am offering the opportunity for people to make money.  You said only the people at the top of the pyramid will be the ones to make money, thats because they are doing the work.  Ebay & craigslist didn't start over night and it takes time to build a business. 

I think my plan is very generous to split the profits with the members, and by giving them part ownership or a stake in the business thru profit sharing, will hopefully solve alot of the ebay rule and policy issues that people are upset about, because the members will make the rules and set the fees.  gotta go, be back

Quote:
Quote:      I guess you think it's funny to call people names and make fun of them, but that's shows what kind of people you are. 

When you and your on again off again buddy Ricky issued press releases that falsely labeled your critics as felons it showed what lowlife pieces of sh.it you two are and is just one of many reasons why sellers should avoid any sites you two clowns are involved in.

Any comments Scott about the easily proven libelous claims that TT's members were felons, and the site was owned by felons,  press releases you and your boinktard partner issued?  How does your little brain justify that?

Quote:Now this moron sent a letter to my employer, the FAA Federal Aviation Administration, claiming I was insane

What does your employer the FAA think of you using their name in your MLM marketing campaign?  You should lose your job for that.

Quote:I think my plan is very generous to split the profits with the members,
What profits?  Your site has generated $10 in GMV and only signed up 54 members (including your IDs) in 6 months. Your last auction site never did anything. Plus you've  shown with your board posts on PSU and those 2 press releases that you're one of the biggest dirtbag lowlifes to ever disgrace the OAI.   You don't have the qualifications, financing, business experience, or intelligence to offer sellers anything but a dead end.
Quote: I think my plan is very generous to split the profits with the members, and by giving them part ownership or a stake in the business thru profit sharing

So you're offering both part ownership (i.e. an ownership share in the company) and a profit sharing plan, or are you just too dense to realize that "part ownership" and "profit sharing" are two different things?

If you offer them "part ownership" in a company the only way to do it is by offering them shares of stock in the company.  If the business isn't incorporated then you can't offer them "part ownership".

Is your "profit sharing" a profit sharing plan or is it a profit sharing trust?  Where is the written agreement that you are required by federal law to provide all participants in a profit sharing plan with?  Have you met all of the requirements of 29 CFR 549 that must be met before you can offer a profit sharing plan or trust to anyone?

Your site still  says you are offering a retirement plan.  If you're going to publicly post something like that then you need to actually offer a retirement plan, and you need to fill out all of the paperwork that you are legally required to file if you tell people you are offering a retirement plan.

Scott wanted a way to profit share with his members "since they are the experts and what makes an auction successful", so he is offering them these basic things we all want out of our jobs, a good income, a retirement plan

You can't just throw around terms like "part ownership", "profit sharing plan" and "retirement plan" if the proper paperwork hasn't been filed and what you're actually offering is something different than what the legal definition of these 3 terms entails.
Okay here we go again with the name calling.  I don't have time to answer all of this, I'm on a short break.  First I didn't release or put out any news releases or statements about you guys, that was all Rick, that's his M.O. and way of handling things I found out. I did call some of you jerks in my forum at PSU, and this is exactly why.

You say I'm throwing these terms around and I need special forms.  I will take a look at the link you put there, but your reading to much into this.

I'm just going to pay sales commissions.

Now if splitting the profits with the members isn't profit sharing, I don't know what is.  I will take a look and see what the legal definitions and terms are, but again your trying to make a big deal out of nothing.

I talked to my accountant and she setup the books for an S corporation, and the members that get paid, will be paid as independant contractors.  If I remember correctly, I will need to have them fill out a Form 1077
with their SSN, for reporting to the IRS.  That is all that is required to pay them sales commissions.
Quote:  I will take a look and see what the legal definitions and terms are, but again your trying to make a big deal out of nothing.

Throwing around terms like  "part ownership", "profit sharing plan" and "retirement plan" when that's not really what you're really offering is a big deal and it's a big deal legally.

Quote:If I remember correctly, I will need to have them fill out a Form 1077

A uniform underwriting and transmittal summary form? Are you requiring them to refinance the mortgages on their homes through Freddie Mac in order to participate in your MLM plan? :twistedevil:

I think you meant a W-9 form. :Smile  I'd fire the accountant if she told you a 1077.  Confusedtolensmiley:

I will check into the form #. 

I do appreciate any tips you guys have and keeping me honest, because it sounds like you guys are alot more knowledgible about some of this internet stuff. 

The tip about showbidz was very helpful because I had just filed my corporation papers and was able to stop it, before that went thru, and change it to scottydo, so thankyou.

As far as Rick goes, he seemed like a very nice guy and my gut tells me he meant well, but he was in such a hurry to do everything, he didn't do anything but create more problems and messes for us to clean up.  I'm still not sure if he is a scam artist, since I have only talked to him over the phone, but his actions lately make me wonder.  I got a taste of how he is to deal with, when I heard how he threatened Josh, and then some of his comments here.  That was an eye opener for me, and brought out a side of him I had not seen. 

As far as swoopbug goes, Rick thinks he can fool everybody with fake bidders and you guys caught that right away.  I think he just wanted to make it appear that the site was busy, (he opened a bunch of stores on my site also), but it isn't right to make customers bid real money against fake bidders.  He says he will guarantee your bids until you win something, but I don't see how.  Anyway that is about when this all blew up, and he finally got his third script to work and keep running.

Instead of ripping me & my site apart , why don't you guys look over www.ScottyDo.com and give me some suggestions and constructive critiques.  I really do want to set it up right and if I need to change some of my terms, maybe you can help me with that.  Aloha Scott

Lets start with this one, which logo do you like better?

http://www.scottydo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100
[quote author=scottceci link=topic=19006.msg75621#msg75621 date=1260651475]
I do appreciate any tips you guys have and keeping me honest, because it sounds like you guys are alot more knowledgible about some of this internet stuff. 

The tip about showbidz was very helpful because I had just filed my corporation papers and was able to stop it, before that went thru, and change it to scottydo, so thankyou.

Instead of ripping me & my site apart , why don't you guys look over www.ScottyDo.com and give me some suggestions and constructive critiques.  I really do want to set it up right and if I need to change some of my terms, maybe you can help me with that.  Aloha Scott
[/quote]

I wouldn't help you until you go back to PSU and state you were wrong for calling us here at TT "fools". I mean you did just state all the above quote, right?

You did state that TT is a bunch of "fools", and now are asking TT to help you?  Happy001

Listen with your ears and not your heart and you will learn a lot from the folks here. They tell you straight up and do not hold back, but it is for the best I think. I have learned a lot from the TT members.
Quote:I do appreciate any tips you guys have

My free tips of the day...

SERVERS:
operating system- CentOS 5.4 server- we've been using Red Hat Linux based distros on our servers for 11 1/2 years .  Steer clear of Windows servers (security hole central),  and Solaris (an overrated overpriced piece of crap)

control panel- webmin (we've used it since '98), avoid CPanel it screws up your configuration and limits your flexibility

hosting- use a host that lets you install your own OS and compile apache/php, etc yourself

PCs:
boot manager- I'm beginning to like grub2 (I'm using it to dual boot Linux Mint 8 and PC-BSD 7.11)

virtualization software- Sun Virtualbox not Virtualbox OSE or VMWare. I'm using Virtualbox 3.1 on Mint 8 to run CentOS 5.4 server (I cloned the configuration of our athlon.tulipstores.com server for development purposes), Windows XP Pro SP3, Haiku (BeOS reborn), eComStation (OS/2 post IBM) and ReactOS as guest OS's.

Hope this helps!  :twistedevil:
My free tip/subtle hint of the day for anyone who is starting, or thinking of starting, an auction site is one I've posted before.

1 AM on a Saturday night and there are currently:
19 sellers online searching for an eBay alternative auction site at powersellersunite.com
345 sellers online at magentocommerce.com who've decided to place their trust in themselves rather than an auction site owner
214 sellers online at prestashop.com who looked in the mirror and decided their best eBay alternative was themselves rather than an eBay clone auction site
430 seller online at osCommerce for the same reasons they're online at Magento and PrestaShop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15