TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: A Sucker is Born Every Day...Showbidz and Swoopbug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Quote:Now we have a big mess to clean up, but I quickly discovered that Ripoff Report doesnt allow any posts to be removed ever. So he can slander falsely at will.

A wise man once told me, Ripoff Report works both ways.
If he wants to use it to defame you, then use it to tell the truth about him. Post your complaint against his "company" then respond to his, linking to yours, and never return to his posting. Just leave the link with your brief statement, and then use it for your documentation in case you need it for the CC processor or the police dept.
Quote: File a police report with the Palm Bay PD and since it was a business that scammed you file a report with the Florida AG.  The reports are only so there's a record on file of the fraud.  The police won't be able to recover the money because it was software and services not physical goods.

To recover your money you have 2 options: turn the sh.ithead over to a collection agency or file a civil suit.

Check the IP.  If the loser placed the order at work file a BBB complaint against his employer.  Employers can be held legally responsible for computer crimes that take place on their networks and they're usually very responsive when they're alerted to fraud committed by an employee.
Quote:One they're biggest problems with our script was that it didnt automatically shill bid for them. We explained that our script was ethical and did not allow this type of bidding fraud. This angered him.

It probably did anger him.  Ray makes his living programming unethical mods...like the Stat Cheater and Google/Alexa PR Stats mods he makes that allow PHP Pro Bid owners to artificially inflate the listing count,  membership stats, and PageRank shown on their front pages in order to trick "sheep" (sellers) into joining sites.

http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...425.0.html

Quote: The "lowest available rates insurance program" this trademark infringing POS is offering is nothing more than a Commission Junction eHealthInsurance Services Inc affiliate banner on his site that leads to a compare rates form at ehealthinsurance.com.

eHealthInsurance's affiliate program pays per submitted application regardless of whether the applicant gets insurance.  The only one who will benefit is Scott.

Quote:Commission Details for Submitted Applications:
Individual or Family Health Insurance $40
Short Term Health Insurance $10
Student Health Insurance $20
Dental Health Insurance $10
Small Business Group Health Insurance $75

"Submitted" is defined as a customer that (i) properly completes an online application, and (ii) clicks "submit" or a similar button required to submit the application online.

details: http://signup.cj.com/member/brandedPubli...id=1409810

Quote: I offer my full time employees medical and dental.  When you apply for group insurance you need to make it available to all  your employees who work the minimum number of hours that your state's insurance department requires.  You can't selectively offer it to only certain employees.....

Scott doesn't need to worry about the filing requirements because Showbidz itself won't be offering group health insurance or retirement plans.
Thanks guys for all the advice given.

I hope Nash knows what he's got himself into.
[quote author=valleygirl link=topic=19006.msg75528#msg75528 date=1258929662]
bulls.hit artist Wrote:A retirement plan with medical & dental insurance at the lowest available rates

Bs

I offer my full time employees medical and dental.  When you apply for group insurance you need to make it available to all  your employees who work the minimum number of hours that your state's insurance department requires.  You can't selectively offer it to only certain employees. When your organization applies for group insurance most insurance carriers require that you furnish them with your company's articles of incorporation as well as quarterly payroll or tax records listing your employees and the number of hours they worked.  If an owner or part-owner of the company receives a share of the profits rather than an actual salary the carrier will require that you furnish them with a copy of the owner/part-owner's most recent federal tax return. If you plan to offer insurance to independent contractors many carriers will require that you prove that the contractors work the minimum number of hours stipulated by your state's insurance department and/or that the contractors work only for you.  Some carriers will also require that each employee or independent contractor to be covered completes an employee health questionaire. To qualify for group insurance, you also need to meet the minimum percentage participation rates that are set by your state's insurance departmen. In California, 75% of employees must be participants.  If your organization's employee participation rate falls below the minimum the carrier will probably drop your company's policy.  Most carriers also require that you recertify your organization's eligibility by resubmitting this paperwork every year when your policy is up for renewal

sneaky Wrote:The "lowest available rates insurance program" this trademark infringing POS is offering is nothing more than a Commission Junction eHealthInsurance Services Inc affiliate banner on his site that leads to a compare rates form at ehealthinsurance.com.

Insurance plans and retirement plans are heavily regulated in all states and every state has stiff penalties for companies who violate the rules by not delivering what they promised.

[/quote]

There are several US federal laws (ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA) which also apply to every company which offers health insurance.

The offering of retirement plans is similarly heavily regulated by the federal government .  ERISA is one of the laws which govern the offering of retirement plans.

FAA employee Scott Christenson has not filed any of the necessary paperwork to offer either a health plan or retirement plan to his Showbidz MLM members.

[quote author=dimucci link=topic=19006.msg75529#msg75529 date=1258941556]
Quote:*   If you recruit 10 referrals, and each of them recruits another 10 referrals, that is 110 referrals that you will be earning sales commissions from, on an on-going basis, and there is no limit to how many referrals you can recruit.

It's a bird...It's a plane...It's Pyramidman  Confusedtolensmiley:
[/quote]

Flip it upside down and it's an inverted pyramid of diminishing returns for both late joiners and for the value of each individual member's ownership stake.

It is unlikely that late joiners would be able to earn enough to build a "steady income flow" or "retirement income that will grow with you, as you get older."

Pretending for a moment that Showbidz was actually a real company and able to legally offer members part-ownership, each new recruit would dilute the ownership percentage of existing members.  More members would require the issuance of more stock thereby decreasing the share of the company that each individual member owned.
[quote author=dimucci link=topic=19006.msg75529#msg75529 date=1258941556]
Quote:*  If you recruit 10 referrals, and each of them recruits another 10 referrals, that is 110 referrals that you will be earning sales commissions from, on an on-going basis, and there is no limit to how many referrals you can recruit.

[size=14px]0[/size]
[/quote]

I adjusted the pyramid to reflect the fact that the poorly written PHP Pro Bid software would crash once it hit the 6th level of the pyramid and leave members with nothing.

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
Quote:One they're biggest problems with our script was that it didnt automatically shill bid for them. We explained that our script was ethical and did not allow this type of bidding fraud.

It looks like they've solved that problem with the new script...the new Swoopbug site's been up less than a day and most of the auctions have 5-7 bidders (with very unusual user names).
Quote: Ray's son

Is Ray in his 80's?  Confusedtolensmiley: Ray's "son" claimed on his Auctiva blog in February that he was a 60 year old retired disabled Vietnam vet dying of a terminal illness and had less than 1 year left.  I don't believe the "Ray's son" story or any of his stories.

The one thing I do believe is his eBaY feedback profile which shows a mediocre NARU'ed seller with a FB rating of 58.

I also believe that spamming the comments of a "What will happen to Michael Jackson's children?" news article with ads for  your dropshipdesign prefab website shows a complete lack of class.

Mo:
Quote:I have no idea if Ray sells that mod or not, I never saw it and only know of its existance because its been reported here, BY troublemakers like you.

If you want that mod, go check Ray's site and see if you can find it. buy it yourself and put it on your site. Because I honestly don't know if it is there or not, I never saw it.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewtopic.php?t=16087&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=60#285312

I wonder if eBay was selling a feature that allowed their store owners to manipulate searches, would she care? If she read it there, and had a shred of ethical integrity she would have investigated herself and removed his info from her site, unless she is just his front-woman.
And if she ever wants to see it at work, why not try another site Ray hosts?
showbidz.com 3388 auctions.
I count exactly 58.
That's the stat cheater mod at it's best.
From 341,000 listings and 64 members a few days ago to...

Showbidz Wrote:Site Status 
62 registered users
3388 live auctions
3 online users

MLM auction leader Dubli must be shaking in its boots over in Cyprus. :Smile

EDITED before even hitting the Post button: xwpopper beat me to the new listing count  Tongue2

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15