TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Questions on TH's Free Installation of ZenCart, osCommerce, CRELoaded, CubeCart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
thentavius,

Sorry... I'm not posting to help...

BUT - Are you keeping notes as you go? 

I'm probably be going to try X Cart in the near future, and your notes may be valuable!  Cha-Ching!  Wink

Also - have you received a user/password for their support forums yet?  If/when you do, if you run across any X Cart users that are peddling antiques/collectibles/unique/one-of-a-kind stuff, let me know, will ya?  They have quite a few live "demo" shops, but none are really similar to what we sell.

Cheers

Smile
Fiberguy, will do!

regic,

there is one main tar file for the program. there's also a separate set for Sales n' Stats, about 19 patches and upgrade tar files, 5 upgrade kit tar files, a bunch of files for different payment methods ( I don't know if I need any of them if the Authorize.net one is built in), etc.

I also have a choice between X Cart 4.0 (stable branch) and 4.1 (current branch).

There are about 20 manuals--not sure which one contains installation info.
I found the installation instructions in one of the manuals. Reading it now. Should I go with the stable version or the current version?
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=4634.msg35062#msg35062 date=1165275471]
I found the installation instructions in one of the manuals. Reading it now. Should I go with the stable version or the current version?
[/quote]

As with most versions of software, check to see how long the latest version has been released.

Even though it is a new version, sometimes the new releases are full of bugs. 

It is safe to go with the stable version, then do some research to see if any of the new releases have all of the "kinks" worked out.

Then you can always do a upgrade later.
X-Cart was super duper easy to install.

It's FANTASTIC so far. Customizing it now.
I found a template on zen cart's site that I would like to use. Will this work with the version of zen cart that TT installs? It is for Zen 1.3.6
Also does the TT installation include all the recent mods like froogle feeds, rss, etc...?

Once I register for hosting do I send you a PM requesting zen, and the template?

Thanks TT for all your help.
Thumbsup
[quote author=chiquita link=topic=4634.msg44294#msg44294 date=1171914575]
I found a template on zen cart's site that I would like to use. Will this work with the version of zen cart that TT installs? It is for Zen 1.3.6[/quote]

It'll work

Quote:Also does the TT installation include all the recent mods like froogle feeds, rss, etc...?

We could add the froogle feed, rss,  lightbox, image handler 2 when we install it.

Quote:Once I register for hosting do I send you a PM requesting zen, and the template?

yes.

Installed.  I added "a few" mods to it:

Quote:Ultimate SEO Urls v.2.103
Image Handler 2 v. 2.0 v0916
Zen Lightbox v 1.3
Backup MYSQL Plugin v. 1.2110
Paypal Sessions Viewer v. 2.0
Ask A Question v 1.7
Easy Populate v 1.2.5.4
Google Froogle Feeder v 1.33a
Social Bookmarking v 1.4
Order Steps - Tableless v. 2.0
RSS 2.0 Feed
Recover Cart Sales v 1.6
Return Authorization v 2.03a
Sales Report v 2.0 rev 104
Super Orders v 2.0 rev 45
Ty Package Tracker v 2.2b
Cross Sell v 1.31
Column Layout Grid for Product Listing v 1.36+v1.37
Email Archive Manager v 1.2
Quantity Discounts v 1.4
Privacy & Condition Statements v 1.1
About Us Page v 1.3
Link Partners Page v. 1.3
Quick Updates v 2.0
Stock by Attributes 4.4
Have fun playing with your shop , Chiquita! Big Grin
chiquita:  Good luck with your new site, I hope all goes well for you.

Hello
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15