TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Questions on TH's Free Installation of ZenCart, osCommerce, CRELoaded, CubeCart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
ZenCart installation and demo

The ZenCart demo is available now.  See the first post in this topic for the link and a list of additional mods and templates that were added.  Additional mods will be added this week.  I'll update the first post as new mods are added.  The final version will be ready within 1 week.

Support for CubeCart, CRELoaded, osCommerce, and Zencart
See these forums for help configuring your carts and for help with the mods that were added:

CubeCart: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...,87.0.html
CRELoaded, osCommerce: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...,88.0.html
ZenCart: http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...269.0.html

I'm going to start topics in the Zen forum for each of the mods, as well as configuration and templates. Smile
Added today to the ZenCart install version:

-Ask A Question 1.31 (adds a form-linked button to product details pages so customer can easily ask questions about a specific product)
-Printable Price List 2.0 (printable price list for buyers)
-Wishlist 0.31 (buyer can create wishlists)
-Google Base/Froogle 1.2414 (automated Google Base/froogle product feed creation and upload)
-User Tracking 20060114 (track visitors paths through your site, see contents of shopping carts)
-RSS 2.0 Feed (RSS feed)
-Backup MySQL 1.21 (backup your MYSQL database from your cart's admin panel)
-Quickbooks Import QBI 3.02 (import your Zen Cart orders, products, and customers directly into Quickbooks)

The final version of the cart should be ready by late tomorrow/Wednesday and then we'll start installing it on your servers.  We'll add documentation here to help get you started. Smile
Added to Zen today:

Quote:-Linkpoint API and YourPay API payment module 1.3c (support for Linkpoint API and YourPay API credit card gateways)
-UPS with Delivery Area Surcharge 1.1 (Adds a UPS Delivery Area Surcharge for 23,425 zip codes in the USA)
-2checkout payment module 1.2 (adds support for the 2checkout payment service)
-Advanced Search Sidebox 1.0 (adds an advanced search sidebox)
-Moneybookers payment module (support for Moneybookers payment service)
-WorldPay payment module and WorldPay sidebox (support for WorldPay payment service and sidebox for 'credit cards accepted')

We'll start doing installations tomorrow.

EDIT: in case anyone was wondering, besides the payment methods added today,  PayPal IPN, Authorizenet credit card gateway, checks/money order, cash on delivery, and manual credit card orders are also included in Zen as payment options.  We also added purchase orders as a payment option.
Can someone tell me why FedEx is never included in these shipping mods?
[quote author=stardust link=topic=4634.msg20883#msg20883 date=1155695091]
Can someone tell me why FedEx is never included in these shipping mods?
[/quote]

Blame FedEx for it not being included in the core Zen code or the core code of other open source carts.  From the Zen boards

Quote:I don't use the Fedex module but from merlin's posts he has made it clear that zencart cannot include it in the core code because it is Open Source and thus, makes the integration with their system very transparant. Apparently it is a security thing. Therefore, unless Fedex changes their ways (not zencart), it cannot and will not become a part of the core code.
http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206278&postcount=7

There is a FedEx module available that connects to the FedEx servers but the mod maker hasn't responded to our email yet. 
My instinct told me it *had* to be a problem with FedEx, as they appear *nowhere* on any shipping calculators.  I've used them the most.  *sigh*
Regic, could you please let us know once the zens are installed? Thanks. Smile
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4634.msg20922#msg20922 date=1155736555]
[/quote]

I'll send everyone a PM.  It'll be tonight.  We're finishing up a few last changes and testing the cart this afternoon.
[quote author=regic link=topic=4634.msg20923#msg20923 date=1155742366]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4634.msg20922#msg20922 date=1155736555]
[/quote]

I'll send everyone a PM.  It'll be tonight.  We're finishing up a few last changes and testing the cart this afternoon.
[/quote]

Great, thanks, Regic! Thumbsup
Added today:

Quote:-Sales Report v1.4 (Generate sales reports by date)
-Column Layout Grid for Product Listing 1.302 (allows product listings to be displayed in grid/column format as well as the Zen default row format)
-Email Address Exporter 1.2c (Export email addresses from Zen Cart customer base to HTML, CSV, TXT file format for use in external applications.)
-About Us Page 1.3 (adds an about us page)
-Improved Attributes Controller 1.0 (improved handling of product attributes)
-Quick Updates 1.3 (bulk updating, editing of prices, descriptions, inventory counts)
-Quantity Discounts 1.0 (set up to five quantity discounts on a per item, per category or total item basis. Discounts may be expressed in dollars or percentages)
-Export invoice totals to .csv file for Excel use (export invoice data/totals in .csv format for use in Excel)

FINISHED  Occasion18 Toothy10

Installation will start in a few hours.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15