TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Questions on TH's Free Installation of ZenCart, osCommerce, CRELoaded, CubeCart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Quote:"note:CRE Loaded adds Google ads to the bottom of pages on its free version.  CRELoaded receives the revenue from the ads not the site owner."

That is really easy to fix....

open the file:
includes/application_bottom.php

Comment out the line:

include($cart_links);

Poof! No more forced advertising in footer.

$cart_links is defined in application_top.php to point to the javascript file javascript/cart_links.js.php

That file contains all the code for writing that little extra on the bottom of the page with the google ad in it.
osCommerce demo is online and ready for installs
Regic, did you see my post above yours, about how to fix the google ads, for cre-loaded?
[quote author=maryrussel link=topic=4634.msg19968#msg19968 date=1154980761]
I'm trying to talk the band that I am representing into moving their website to one of these shopping cart/template kind of things. They have not updated their site since it went live in 2002. Currently the only thing they are selling on their site are CDs but they may add things like T-shirts, etc.

They need something with an admin panel that they can easily update themselves. In addition they need to be able to upload music files. i.e http://alchemistshandbook.com/alchemy.html
Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Do you offer something that would work for them? Also please PM me with how much you would charge to transfer their site. I don't feel capable of doing that for them.
[/quote]

Sorry for the delay in answering. I'm way behind because I followed a link on one of the eBay boards yesterday (yes, I'm blaming eBay) and ended up on some site that downloaded some fr_k'n adware search program into my browser and made my keyboard non-functional...6 hours to rid my PC of the garbage.  Angryfire BangHead

Anyways...

Zen and the other carts all offer downloads (and you can of course upload your music downloads to them).  They could set it up as a free download (the user would have to put the download in their cart) or they could charge for downloads.  The alchemy.html page they're using now for music files could easily be replicated anywhere (on almost any web host) since it's just links to the files.

admin panel - go to TH and there is a demo of the admin.  It's very easy to use and there are many help videos if you get stuck on anything.

how much you would charge to transfer their site. I generally try to undercut the lowest priced Pakistani web design sweat shop on all prices, sooooo...I wouldn't charge anything because A. it's you and B. they have a very small site which could be moved anywhere in minutes.

slightly off topic-I already PM'ed you the link to the A.M.S. mini band sites we're planning for the Fall, but have you tried other music related sites for promotion? A presence on both MySpace and TagWorld would help them, and TagWorld has free stores where they could sell merchandise (MySpace also has free classified ads).

I don't feel capable of doing that for them  We'll make you capable Lol
Thanks so much BBH.  :-*

Sorry to hear about your keyboard problems. People who f*ck up other people computers with adware and spyware should be stuffed into septic tanks with the rest of the turds.
Guinea pig wanted: I'm looking for a volunteer. Smile  I want to test importing the databases to make sure their aren't any incompatibilities between the test server and your servers.  All I need to do is import the databases for the 4 carts (and then I'll be deleting what I imported...unless you want osC, CRE or Cube installed now in which case I'll leave it and install the rest of the cart). I only need 1 volunteer.

---------

ZenCart- I'm going to put up a link this weekend to the Zen demo with a list of the mods that have been installed so far.  I'll update the list each day as new mods are added.  If at any point you're satisfied with what has been added and want that version of the cart installed let me know and I'll do it.  I'll be adding lots of mods to the cart over the next week or two because we're going to be using the same version on some of our sites (you may not need everything we're adding or you may need more than we're adding)
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4634.msg20506#msg20506 date=1155265641]
Guinea pig wanted: I'm looking for a volunteer. Smile  I want to test importing the databases to make sure their aren't any incompatibilities between the test server and your servers.  All I need to do is import the databases for the 4 carts (and then I'll be deleting what I imported...unless you want osC, CRE or Cube installed now in which case I'll leave it and install the rest of the cart). I only need 1 volunteer.

---------

ZenCart- I'm going to put up a link this weekend to the Zen demo with a list of the mods that have been installed so far.  I'll update the list each day as new mods are added.  If at any point you're satisfied with what has been added and want that version of the cart installed let me know and I'll do it.  I'll be adding lots of mods to the cart over the next week or two because we're going to be using the same version on some of our sites (you may not need everything we're adding or you may need more than we're adding)
[/quote]

Do they have to be hosted with your site? Big Grin i'll take em!!
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4634.msg20506#msg20506 date=1155265641]

---------

[/quote]

I'll do it if it don't interfear w my site.
I have no clue on how it all works i just don't want it to interfer with operations.
Tell me more about it if you will. I'm under the impression I can just put in a form like a button. if it mean redoing a site to use a cert no way.
Just tell me more
I wouldn't mind letting you go in and out of my site as much as you wanted, as there's basically nothing on it except photos. I downloaded Zen already in a sub-domain to play with it, but I can certainly uninstall that because I haven't the slightest idea where to begin. I'm with BlueHost, as you know.

The only problem you might have is that I have all the photos in an 'image' file in the public html folder.  That folder would have to be moved somewhere else temporarily -- maybe even just renamed temporarily.  It seems to stop a load of any ecommerce software because it doesn't like that 'image' file already there.

If you want to invade my space  :Smile let me know what to do to allow you access.

PS:  I also just put up a dorky index.html file.  But that shouldn't bother what you'd be doing, I don't think.......
Is that what these carts are Star? You build your site around the carts instead of the other way around? I really don't have a clue about it.
Thought I had an idea but from what I've seen so far. It's all greek to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15