TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Questions on TH's Free Installation of ZenCart, osCommerce, CRELoaded, CubeCart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
XPP, I AM going with Mals to begin with. Thanks for the nudge.  Smileytongueout
Your welcome now get out there and make that STACH money.  LOL

If you have any problems let me know.

There are a couple of different ways to put a button or link to pay
on your site for any particular product/s.

I use the "form" method and it's real simple once you've done a couple.

Anyway let me know I'll be happy to help.  Thumbsup
Quote:The one with mods/many more added features will be ready by next week...hopefully by Tuesday.  You can play with a basic Zen without any modifications here (both front end and admin demos): http://opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=300&Itemid=159

Thanks, Bbh.
I'm trying to talk the band that I am representing into moving their website to one of these shopping cart/template kind of things. They have not updated their site since it went live in 2002. Currently the only thing they are selling on their site are CDs but they may add things like T-shirts, etc.

They need something with an admin panel that they can easily update themselves. In addition they need to be able to upload music files. i.e http://alchemistshandbook.com/alchemy.html
Scroll to the bottom of the page.

Do you offer something that would work for them? Also please PM me with how much you would charge to transfer their site. I don't feel capable of doing that for them.
Not trying to dis 'em, but do they have any money? Bands typically don't, or they don't make enough money to justify anything cool. The instruments and audio equipment tend to soak up a lot of funds.
They are operating on a very tight budget which is why I am looking at inexpensive alternatives for them. They plan on having their website updated anyway but I am trying to help them gain control over it themselves. The way it is, they cannot add pages or keep their fans updated on band news and gigs.
That's where those content management systems come in, kind of like GBB. Betcha $5 you could install it for them yourself, Mary, and rake in the dough!

http://www.cmsmatrix.org/
Helping them gain control over it themselves is cool Mary.  Smile

Cut out who ever the middle man is and they will have
complete control of content and design.

Then they can build what ever they want and
then if they plan on merchandising,
a cart would be great.

If one or two of the band members know how
to do it themselves... they will save a bundle.  ;D
Unfortunately they don't know how to do it but if they have something like ZenCart (as an example) I think I could teach them how. If I could learn it, they certainly can.

They can also save money by using TT for hosting since they are paying $20 monthly for their webhost.

Thanks for the link MrO but I don't have enough confidence in myself that I wouldn't screw up their site. I feel confident enough to add pages and maintain it for them but I don't know FTP and I am sure that they would want the site pretty much as is except for a few additions and frequent updates.
FTP (file transfer Protocol)? Is that what you are talking about MARY?
If so start a thread. I'll tell you about it.
It's really pretty simple and several free
programs that do it easily and it only takes seconds
to transfer updated web pages to your
host server from your computer as opposed
to logging in and transferring pages (files)
by the browser method.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15