TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: WPSSU and what it means to you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
It was on the community boards banners, its a different rotation mod then the front banners. Suzanne had put it up. And it be gone now...
Hi all.

Sorry for the late arrival, but i have been busy with my own sites!

Here is the latest from We PiSS on U

Quote:Okay I've tried getting ahold of Brian, but no luck in talking to him directly like I usually do.

The problem is that this site has 47 days until the hosting is up.  So in 47 days there won't be WPSSU anymore.  Unless we can come up with the money to keep it going.

I'm waiting on a call back from Brian or his wife to see what's going to happen.

I've got $15.90 USD in my Paypal account right now from Front Page purchases and Feature Stores purchases.

To keep this site going it'll be

$41.55 for 3 months
$66.10 for 6 months
or
$98.75 for 1 year

Preferably I'd like to see a year payment made since it's the cheapest over the long run.
Anyone who donates money, purchases ad space this is what it'll be going towards right now.

If I've seemed a little stressed out lately this is why.  I've been trying to get ahold of Brian for the last couple of weeks about this.  Plus with the traffic being so slow over the summer that hasn't helped either.

Or should we close down the site?

and right after that plea for help....

Quote:Anyone who doesn't want to have a membership here anymore, delete yourself.  There is that option in your profile.  Don't get hissy at me for having your banner on our site when you're still a member.  I don't read minds, so either remove yourself or tell Linda or I that you don't want to be a member anymore.

Thanks

both are quotes from PU by April.

Let the countdown begin for the closure of We PiSS on U!

46 Days to go folks!

Let's take up a collection to save the site! Confusedarcasm1:

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=7412.msg64629#msg64629 date=1189197349]

Let's take up a collection to save the site! Confusedarcasm1:

[/quote]

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

We can't they already have $10 in the pot 
The banner/member issue is indeed funny. Remember way back when, we couldn't even get on the site to delete our membership, yet the banners that we wanted removed remained. It looks like April is finally seeing what Brian is all about.
Poetic isn't it? That WPSSU will be closed before WP. Ouch! That's gotta hurt !
Just another little update on how lame WPSSU is and how they can't get by without stealing ideas from other people....

We set up The Crabby Marketplace to advertise our forum members stores back in July:

The Crabby Marketplace

[Image: CrabbyMall.jpg]
Established: July 17, 2007

This showed up at WPSSU on or about September 4th:

WPSSU Stores Directory
originally named The WPSSU Marketplace

[Image: WPSSUMall.jpg]
Established: September 4, 2007

After I posted about it on our forum, a new post was made on WPSSU announcing that the "WPSSU Marketplace / Stores" would now be the main frontpage of the wpssu.com website in hopes of getting indexed better.  They also tried tweaking the appearance by adding the WPSSU logo to the top of the page.  Happy001  Happy001  Happy001  Happy001

It's bad enough when some people can't have an original thought and feel the need to steal the ideas of others, but it's really bad when they can't even set it up properly.  :blinkie:

------------------------------

Please Note:  I did not include a hotlink to WPSSU's cheap imitation of our marketplace, however if you're not IP banned and would like to see this atrocity for yourself just go to: wpssu.com/stores

Quote:in hopes of getting indexed better.

their Zen Cart might get indexed better if they installed the Ultimate SEO URL's mod.  I'd be happy to install it for them for the low price of...

Quote:To keep this site going it'll be

$98.75 for 1 year

...$98.75 :twistedevil:
All I can say is that from the get-go, I didn't want to be anywhere within pissing distance of WePissOnU, even though Brian himself personally sent me a gold-engraved invitation when the whole brewhaha between Brian and Ray came down. A rat can bathe in perfume and still smell like a rat. And I guess I learned my lesson. After getting screwed, blued and tatooed by WP, the last thing I was ever going to let happen to me was to get sucked up like a feather in a cyclone into some other boinktard's egomaniacal, grandiose, chest-beating vision to conquer the world of e-commerce at my expense.

Hey Brian, why not kiss and make up with ol' RayTard. He's always in the market for hamsters to pull the WP cart, but I'm sure he'd consider a rat if the price were right.

[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=7412.msg65097#msg65097 date=1190588214]

$98.75 for 1 year

[/quote]

The fundraising must not be going too well.  They haven't renewed the domain name yet (expiration is 10/23/07).
[quote author=regic link=topic=7412.msg65102#msg65102 date=1190607166]
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=7412.msg65097#msg65097 date=1190588214]

$98.75 for 1 year

[/quote]

The fundraising must not be going too well.  They haven't renewed the domain name yet (expiration is 10/23/07).
[/quote]

Apparently fundraising isn't the only thing not going too well....

[Image: notaxes.jpg]

This is coming from a person supposedly giving advice to members on how to sell and market their websites.    :blinkie:  :blinkie:  :blinkie:

Happy001  Happy001  Happy001  that hurts  Happy001  Happy001  Happy001
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16