TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
amy Wrote:They stay because "it gives us a built in customer base of millions. those millions likely wouldn't find us on our own website." 

Lmao!!  Oh yes, the ever popular classic line of crap.  I can't help but laugh my ass off everytime I see it.  All those eyeballs yet they still complain about no sales  :Smile

I mean if I can do it (get people to my site) then why the hell can't they.  It's not brain surgery for petes sake, a little common sense can get you a long way  Wink

Angel  Angel7
denial, denial, denial

Isn't that a river in Africa?

Amway ebay... same difference.  Smileykoolaid

Quote:eBay was lucky for many years, but now the problems it ignored 5 years ago (or 6,7,8,9 yrs. ago) have caused an explosion...an explosion which could have been prevented if eBay had focused on the long term rather than the next quarter.

So VERY true.

Quote:I mean if I can do it (get people to my site) then why the hell can't they.  It's not brain surgery for petes sake, a little common sense can get you a long way

ditto
Quote:Amway ebay... same difference.

Angryfire

Oh, gawd! Tricky Dicky Devos is running for governor here in Michigan. If the Megster runs for prez, Canada here I come.  Tongue2
[quote author=cranky_hippie link=topic=4344.msg17781#msg17781 date=1153067576]
Quote:Amway ebay... same difference.

Angryfire

Oh, gawd! Tricky Dicky Devos is running for governor here in Michigan. If the Megster runs for prez, Canada here I come.  Tongue2
[/quote]

I'll go with . Wave Or, how about the UK? ;D
Angel Wrote:I mean if I can do it (get people to my site) then why the hell can't they.  It's not brain surgery for petes sake, a little common sense can get you a long way

The first bit of common sense would be realizing that if they can drive people from Google to their eBay Store they could also drive those same people to their website and save $$$.
Quote:The first bit of common sense would be realizing that if they can drive people from Google to their eBay Store they could also drive those same people to their website and save $$$.

Sheeps  Confusedheep5: Smileykoolaid
"OFF TOPIC-for Anita's benefit: I stand corrected, the Amazon Faery now has a feedback rating of 1 not 0 and 23 items in her store."

Fairies (sp?) must be prettttty special because she says she is a Silver Pro Merchant on Amazon.  That is one way to stand out from the crowd... being the only one.
For those of you that are just toooo darn slow to figure things out...

Mecca is Marty's other personality. 
Anita said:
Quote:Fairies (sp?) must be prettttty special because she says she is a Silver Pro Merchant on Amazon.  That is one way to stand out from the crowd... being the only one.

Is this the very mouthy "Faeries" from the bd?

[quote author=Anita link=topic=4344.msg17803#msg17803 date=1153080643]
For those of you that are just toooo darn slow to figure things out...

Mecca is Marty's other personality. 
[/quote]

Happy001
Quote:But this isn't an ordinary company...it's a 90's dotcom and so it is being run exactly according to plan, just as it always has been: greed rules, and management's only focus is on the next earnings report and their stock option packages. Fixing underlying problems (like glitches) that may snowball and cause an explosion five years down the road has never been a concern for eBay (and in fact was viewed as undesirable because it would have temporarily slowed growth).

Interesting. I guess they survived because of a concept so good it was harder to wreck  Violent1.

Out of curiousity are there any other survivors. I guess Amazon?? Kim
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13