TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Thanks, Mandy. Just posted the link to the article on that thread. Smile
[quote author=stardust link=topic=4344.msg17538#msg17538 date=1152724268]
$2000 in debt in ebay fees and online fees?  With no sales?  :o   idjit.    Sorry, but no sympathy.  This person obviously can't walk away from the slot machine.
[/quote]

I agree!  On the other hand, the first step is admitting you have a problem.  Wink  Some people sell stuff for .25 and stick to the story that they are making money.  At least this person has finalllllllly seen the light.
Now this is a sad statement

Quote:My total sales for the month was about $1400.

Lordy, I must be selling the wrong stuff! That is more than my ANNUAL sales!

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000315214&tstart=120&mod=1152564331643

Somebody please tell me she was kidding

Angel  Angel7
Quote:Somebody please tell me she was kidding

Probably kidding.  She's sold more items in the past month than several people who claim to be doing great on eBay...goofbay.com is useful for some things. Smile
Quote:Can't pay my fees, my Internet connection will be shut off in 9 days if I can't get them some money, not to mention ebay, and Vendio where my pics are hosted. I'm straining for the light at the end of the tunnel..... can't see it yet, but it'll come..... eventually.

Quote:On the other hand, the first step is admitting you have a problem.  Wink  Some people sell stuff for .25 and stick to the story that they are making money.  At least this person has finalllllllly seen the light.

Not yet, unfortunately.  Still in lalaland, apparently. 
bbh on eBaY Wrote:I do however know of one seller who was permanently banned from the boards 5 years ago during the checkout protests for having a "negative" "complaining petitioning attitude who is now a..."

That's me! Wave If I had a chance to relive that time, I'd do the same thing again Lol
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=4344.msg17562#msg17562 date=1152757989]
people who claim to be doing great on eBay.
[/quote]

I've discovered the definition of what "doing great on eBay" actually means. 2 of the 15 topics on the front page of SRG today were:

OT: Finally Got A Job !
OT: help with job application/email

Both posts appeared to be from full-time sellers who were being forced to give up being full-time and get a second job because eBay sales aren't what they used to be.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=4344.msg17547#msg17547 date=1152737734]
$2000 in debt in ebay fees and online fees?  With no sales?  :o  idjit.    Sorry, but no sympathy.  This person obviously can't walk away from the slot machine.
[/quote]

I agree!  On the other hand, the first step is admitting you have a problem.  Wink  Some people sell stuff for .25 and stick to the story that they are making money.  At least this person has finalllllllly seen the light.
[/quote]

They think they're making money because they only look at their sales numbers--until it's too late and their credit cards are maxed out and the debt collectors are knocking on the door.

I'm sure if that seller asked on the stores board (or on the Marty board) what she should do, the answer would be the same as it always is when someone in a similar situation asks "you need to list more items" "buy a template" "take new pictures" "don't close your store" bla, bla, bla.  That seller should stop listing and take some time to develop a better business strategy/plan.  Playing with her template or listing more items isn't going to turn a plan that isn't working profitable.
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=4344.msg17565#msg17565 date=1152761286]
bbh on eBaY Wrote:I do however know of one seller who was permanently banned from the boards 5 years ago during the checkout protests for having a "negative" "complaining petitioning attitude who is now a..."

That's me! Wave If I had a chance to relive that time, I'd do the same thing again Lol
[/quote]

You're supposed to feel remorse.  ;D
$2000 in debt in ebay fees and online fees?  With no sales?  :o  idjit.    Sorry, but no sympathy.  This person obviously can't walk away from the slot machine.
[/quote]

I have a brother like that.
He owes me like one years rent right now as he sits in MY house in Florida and don't pay.
PS he saw what I was doing and want to try it too on feebay.
I told him "dude don't do it with drop ship crap. You MUST have market for your wares to make it now".

He didn't listen. He has like (or did) four or five websites $$
ebay Store $$$ PP Pro $$$ and he is wasting MY OVER due rent money
paying FEES for nothing to ebay PP and a few others
so happy to take his ignorant $$$ off his hands.  :Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13