TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4344.msg17739#msg17739 date=1153007301]
WHY would people want to jump through so many frickin' hoops to make eBay work for them???  How much carp does eBay have to throw at a person before they move on?

Even if a person is able to get eBay to work for them today... with eBay, tomorrow always has something new to have to deal with.[/quote]

The title of this thread from the Stores board is a perfect example of the time eBay sellers are forced to (or choose to) waste jumping through hoops, grasping at straws, etc.

Quote:Thoughts - Will AWAY message re-index items and fix Search faults?

Is it possible that vacation setting (which insert a message into all listing but not the HIDE option) can fix that intermittent search issues or do anything to increase sales?

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...1000319597&tstart=0

I've lost count of the number of magic solutions to eBay's search problems people have tried over the past few months without success: ending GTC listings, Express opt-ins, Express opt-outs, etc., etc.

By contrast, total time spent on Amazon, Overstock, or web sites over the past few years trying similar solutions to search problems (or revising templates because of rules changes etc.): 0.

Too much time wasted.  Not worth it.  Too many changes in the stores/listings.  No peeps/buyers/sales.  Pooey.  Occasional auctions?  Yes.  Full-time store/business?  NOT.
Quote:I've lost count of the number of magic solutions to eBay's search problems people have tried over the past few months without success:

MY solution works!  I've kept it secret but I'm ready to share.  I'll start a new thread.

"Occasional auctions?  Yes.  Full-time store/business?  NOT."

That would be my "plan" as well. 

I should have stated earlier that some people have more patience then I do.  That's fine too.  However, I don't agree with blowing smoke up people's butts telling them how wonderful eBay is and that all the glitches and such are someone else's or the economy's fault.

Is it possible that vacation setting (which insert a message into all listing but not the HIDE option) can fix that intermittent search issues or do anything to increase sales?

Don't give up the 9-5 dude! Happy001
maggie said:
Quote:Don't give up the 9-5 dude!

My thoughts exactly. :Smile
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=4344.msg17947#msg17947 date=1153245084]

Don't give up the 9-5 dude! Happy001
[/quote]

I think it is the "9 to 5" that allows him the time to fix eBay.  Big Grin
Anita said:
Quote:I think it is the "9 to 5" that allows him the time to fix eBay. 

;D ;D

DId you all know that the thread under consideration has been indexed by Google? It's #1 on the page if you search under "fix ebay".

Ah, surely fame and fortune await the OP.. Big Grin

Notworthy
Well, very odd. Meccabay has 0 listings in her store. She posted on the barge last night and left FB for people yesterday, so maybe someone reported her listings?  Icon_scratch

ANyone know anything?

The latest daily plan from Clact: list more auction format listings and help eBay meet its revenue projections for this quarter.  :Smile

clact Wrote:Most of us also see through this smoke and mirrors game. Bottom line, I think Stores in core is the only way this business makes sense. Bottom line for eBay, they need to keep core numbers up to meet revenue goals and they cant let us sell store stuff cheaply (less fees). This is what it all boils down to.

The challenge. Find out from Cobb what targeted auction listing goals are and work to give him his numbers. Make this a team effort. They have been tracking behind last year much of the year. We can easily give him 20% over last years numbers. People are so friggin bummed from all the confusing messages and double talk that nothing makes sense to anyone and people spend more time worrying that posting items. Plus, not sure if you are like many of the 300 or so sellers I talk to but everyone has tons of stuff to list.

What if we gave him his auction numbers and he put stores back in core. If we didnt hit the goals stores came out of core.

full post http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000184044&tstart=0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13