TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This one will prolly get me a pinkslap.  But, Anita will at least see the humor of it all Smile
I just got an email from this site: http://www.onlineauction.com

I had apparantly registered at one point but lost track of them.  They claimed in their email that they are second to ebay.  Why hasn't anyone talked about this site?  They have a lot of stuff llisted.  One odd thing though is that they charge buyers $4 per month.  Any opinions on this site?
[quote author=sliique link=topic=4344.msg18401#msg18401 date=1153611715]
This one will prolly get me a pinkslap.  But, Anita will at least see the humor of it all Smile
[/quote]

What will get you a pink slap, Slique? Oh, wait---were you the guy who told Marty?? if so, ROFLMAO Happy001

[quote author=vitalfinds link=topic=4344.msg18402#msg18402 date=1153613372]
I just got an email from this site: http://www.onlineauction.com

I had apparantly registered at one point but lost track of them.  They claimed in their email that they are second to ebay.  Why hasn't anyone talked about this site?  They have a lot of stuff llisted.  One odd thing though is that they charge buyers $4 per month.  Any opinions on this site?
[/quote]

Vital, the guy was spamming the board about this site until told to get off. He then came over here, I assume following a posted link. He was called on the spamming.
Xppman posted a warning about this site on the boycott thread. Might want to read it.
I've read the Stores Board hit and miss.  I wish the whiners woud keep their complaints to one post or two.  ;D  They are clogging up the board. 

Don't forget that Marty has "inside info" that store items WILL be put back into the core search.    Big Grin

Seriously, I'm starting to feel sorry for Marty.  I have NEVER seen someone so hellbent on hanging onto eBay. 
Quote: The challenge. Find out from Cobb what targeted auction listing goals are and work to give him his numbers. Make this a team effort. They have been tracking behind last year much of the year. We can easily give him 20% over last years numbers
Smileydrinksomemore Smileyonetoomanysips Smileykoolaiddrinker Smileybrainwashed Smileyclueless

ps His advice still sucks!
Marty's old enough to know that you just can't be too bosom-buddy with a skunk, because you won't come out smelling like a rose....

When he finally begins to realize that the stench is rubbing off onto him, he won't much like the smell of it.  Let's hope, for his sake, that it's soonTongue

Marty is apparently one of those who is going to have a heckuva hard time letting go of his ebay *dream*... and, as I've mentioned before, the kind of seller that ebay will use and use and use adnauseum until he breaks. 
I would compare eBay to a snake before a skunk. 

Does Marty have to be HIT OVER THE HEAD to see eBay is TOTALLLLLLLY unethical?

I hope his followers are looking for another leader to follow. 
Problem is, he's apparently done well.  He just can't believe the bay is going to charge him an arm and a leg to keep doing well -- and hide his stuff even more while doing it.  I understand his frustration.  He's trying to think of ways to keep the momentum going and the titanic from sinking. 

It's anybody's guess which way ebay is really going to go.  It won't be the way of enron, I don't think, that just suddenly closes its door.  I think it will take time.  Could be wrong, tho.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13