TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Rob, Amy was not referring to you, nor was I. Sorry if you thought so. Smile

Xp, The OP made a comment---can't seem to find it now. He must have self-reported it. :Smile

I did make a retort and he answered it towards the end of the thread. At this point, I am just laughing at him---must be tough to be so full of hot air. ;D

Smileykoolaid Smileykoolaid Smileykoolaid Smileykoolaid Smileykoolaid Smileykoolaid
PS
Let me see if I got this right...

People that inform others about what doesn't work on eBay are complainers, Rabble Rousers, eBay Haters, etc.... UNLESS that person is complaining about store items being removed from Search. 

Also, the glitch filled and carpy design of eBay is NOT the problem why there are slow/no sales.  It is the fault of the government.

I got it now. 
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4344.msg17330#msg17330 date=1152469198]
PS

People that inform others about what doesn't work on eBay are complainers, Rabble Rousers, eBay Haters, etc.... UNLESS that person is complaining about store items being removed from Search. 
[/quote][quote author=Anita link=topic=4344.msg17330#msg17330 date=1152469198]
PS

[/quote]

Very excellent assessment, Anita. Lol
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4344.msg17330#msg17330 date=1152469198]
PS

[/quote]

Yes Anita... that seems to be the case.  LOL

Bell it is summer so a lot of thirsty  Smileykoolaid drinkers about I imagine.  LOL x 2

Jim Jones would have been proud of Meg's accomplishments.  Happy001
Quote:certain boinktard Voices members could give me lessons on how NOT to be a full-time online seller

Excerpt from the ebook "Positive Thinking Tips for eBay Sellers: Learn how to never give up your day job and how to guarantee yourself a short-lived career as an online seller in 1-easy lesson!"

Lesson #1: focus on sales rather than profits.

A. set yourself a monthly sales goal rather than setting a monthly profit goal.  If on eBay, list, list, list, don't worry about profits, margins, or fees,  just focus on your goal of getting a powerseller icon next to your name!  Your friends will be impressed!*

B. always participate in motivational "how were your sales today" type threads where the negative P word (i.e. profits) is rarely or never mentioned, and where list,list,list is almost always given as the solution to any sales slump.

*eBay Powerseller Tip:  Avoid any "friends" who A. ask about your profits or B (the biggie) point out that the $100-$200 profit you have to show for the 120 hours you spent listing, listing, listing to get that bronze powerseller icon  puts your hourly wages on a par with many 3rd world sweatshop workers.  Remember people who mention profits are not your real friends. They are negative. Your gross sales numbers and that powerseller icon next to your user ID are all that matter!

Bonus eBay Powerseller Tip: Don't diversify your selling efforts beyond eBay. While other channels may offer higher profit margins or higher average selling prices than eBay they do NOT offer powerseller icons.  Multichannel is Evil!

Bargain said:
Quote:Remember people who mention profits are not your real friends. They are negative. Your gross sales numbers and that powerseller icon next to your user ID are all that matter!

Happy001
Anita, in your own simplistic way, you have summed it up nicely. Of course, we all know that it doesn't matter what anyone says, whether it's Rabblers or Voices, ebay listens to NOBODY. So it's just another wasted thread and I have about as much chance as getting my granddaughter to stop jumping on the couch as I'd have to get Meg to listen to anything reasonable. She needs a good swat (Meg, not my granddaughter).
Bob,
I have NO EXPECTATIONS that eBay will EVER be run ethically or smoothly.  Their track record pretty much proves all I need to know.
My whining, complaining, rabble rousing, eBay hating, etc. is to try and SAVE those with brain cells that will listen... eBay is NOT the company the cheerleaders make it out to be. 
A person has to have a hell of a lot of time on their hands and a HUGE profit margin to net any money working around all the glitches and almost daily "enhancements."
BBH Reply #14  Happy001

Bob I'll give her a good swat.
But I'm gonna charge her for it.  :blinkie:
What could we call that fee? hmmmmmmmm

Anita the cheerleaders have NO brain cells remember?  Wave

The only "enhancements" over there are them stoking each others egos.
XP said:
Quote:The only "enhancements" over there are them stoking each others egos.

XP, you said it soooooooooo well! ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13