TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I'm wasting money, too -- lots of it.  On $50/mo internet service, $100/yr website I don't use except to host pix, $15/mo on AskArt.com privileges, etc.  Nothing on ebay right now, tho.  However, *I* can afford it for a while longer.  I need to do some things to cover those expenses and bring in some good monthly cash, yes.  But I think some of those people are losing -- or about to lose -- their shirts, shoes, and the roofs over their heads.  At what point do you think true panic will set in??

If I were in their shoes, I'd be off my butt and working two jobs to stay afloat -- and I haven't worked for da man for 30 years.  I'd also cut off the internet until I was solvent again... then use it as a hobby if I was still interested. 

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, and I can be really stoopid.  But I'm not THAT stoopid.....!!!
[quote author=amy link=topic=4344.msg17538#msg17538 date=1152724268]

I'm sure if that seller asked on the stores board (or on the Marty board) what she should do, the answer would be the same as it always is when someone in a similar situation asks "you need to list more items" "buy a template" "take new pictures" "don't close your store" bla, bla, bla.  That seller should stop listing and take some time to develop a better business strategy/plan.  Playing with her template or listing more items isn't going to turn a plan that isn't working profitable.
[/quote]

If eBay would put store items back into search... everyone's problems would be solved. 

Edited to add SMART ASP smiley face.

Quote:If eBay would put store items back into search... everyone's problems would be solved.
SIS seems to have hurt a small percentage of store sellers, as well as auction-only sellers, according to the boards....  ???

If ebay would put the search back the way it was in Dec/Jan of last year, everyone's problems would be solved.  When they removed the SIS, it did NOT revert back to the original search algorithm.  Everyone noticed that their hits were horribly low, compared to Dec/Jan when they upped the core search to *30* or less for store items to be included. 

IT'S STILL THAT WAY!!  >Sad
Quote:When they removed the SIS, it did NOT revert back to the original search algorithm.

Signs064 I don't know what they did, but I think it has something to do with Express. Kim
[quote author=DecorativeDishes link=topic=4344.msg17651#msg17651 date=1152899978]
Quote:When they removed the SIS, it did NOT revert back to the original search algorithm.

Signs064 I don't know what they did, but I think it has something to do with Express. Kim
[/quote]

I agree also. Wonder where they get their programmers.
Quote:I agree also. Wonder where they get their programmers.

My guess would be Microsoft.
;D ;D
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4344.msg17623#msg17623 date=1152857228]

If eBay would put store items back into search... everyone's problems would be solved.  [/quote]

Windbagitis is responsible for the bonktard Voices guy's sales problems..  ;D

Quote:Windbagitis is responsible for the bonktard Voices guy's sales problems.

;D And he is only one of many windbags over there. How many ways can you say the same thing over and over and over again? Violent1
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=4344.msg17679#msg17679 date=1152923506]

Windbagitis is responsible for the bonktard Voices guy's sales problems..  ;D

[/quote]

I got Total: $1,407.53 when I dialed the Pied Piper of Prattle's number on Goofbay. My slow learning catnip addicted CAT could beat his sales. He needs to pry his plump ass away from the boards, SHUT UP, get himself a copy of Ebay for Dummies, and start SELLING.  Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13