TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=4344.msg17731#msg17731 date=1153004505]
[quote author=maggie777 link=topic=4344.msg17679#msg17679 date=1152923506]

Windbagitis is responsible for the bonktard Voices guy's sales problems..  ;D

[/quote]

I got Total: $1,407.53 when I dialed the Pied Piper of Prattle's number on Goofbay. My slow learning catnip addicted CAT could beat his sales. He needs to pry his plump ass away from the boards, SHUT UP, get himself a copy of Ebay for Dummies, and start SELLING.  Tongue
[/quote]
Exactly why I don't join in on those things.  Since I'm not selling, I just keep it SHUT UP!!
I've been thinking, (Uh oh)  I never relied on eBay for my income so maybe my view is... all washed up.  WHY would people want to jump through so many frickin' hoops to make eBay work for them???  How much carp does eBay have to throw at a person before they move on?

Even if a person is able to get eBay to work for them today... with eBay, tomorrow always has something new to have to deal with.

And... (no, I am not Mecca)  Smile  eBay denies the glitches until it is in their face! It is sad that members have to prove what is broken and then tell eBay how to fix it.  
Quote:It is sad that members have to prove what is broken and then tell eBay how to fix it. 

NOt to mention pathetic as hell! :Smile
If the bay publicly admitted their incompetence, they'd be in for all kinds of compensation packets and lawsuits.  They NEVER publicly admit anything like that.  Just keep it very very quiet and try to adjust things in the dark........  :Smile
Stardust,
I "hear" what you are saying. 

I guess my point is.. a company that is 10 years old should be running MUCH smoother.  There shouldn't be daily glitches.

Most companies don't survive ten years while being so terribly incompetent.  eBay survives because people are still hoping for the "get rich quick" idea and... denial, denial, denial. 
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4344.msg17747#msg17747 date=1153009117]
I guess my point is.. a company that is 10 years old should be running MUCH smoother.  There shouldn't be daily glitches.[/quote]

I think that Wall Street is thinking much the same way as you.

Quote: Most companies don't survive ten years while being so terribly incompetent.  eBay survives because people are still hoping for the "get rich quick" idea and... denial, denial, denial. 

And momentum, momentum, momentum. Ebay got a good running start. It is quite the phenomenon, though, that it still attracts as many paying customers as it does. In the end, it will go the same way as Amway.
Quote:I guess my point is.. a company that is 10 years old should be running MUCH smoother.  There shouldn't be daily glitches.

But this isn't an ordinary company...it's a 90's dotcom and so it is being run exactly according to plan, just as it always has been: greed rules, and management's only focus is on the next earnings report and their stock option packages. Fixing underlying problems (like glitches) that may snowball and cause an explosion five years down the road has never been a concern for eBay (and in fact was viewed as undesirable because it would have temporarily slowed growth).

eBay was lucky for many years, but now the problems it ignored 5 years ago (or 6,7,8,9 yrs. ago) have caused an explosion...an explosion which could have been prevented if eBay had focused on the long term rather than the next quarter.
Agreed.  Agree with ALL of you. 

I'm just sayin' that they won't admit anything, which is mostly why it's such a friggin' mess!  And they're not making wise decisions (I don't think) with their purchases and their challenging goals.  Seems that all is blowing up in their faces.  Except, of course, for those who can sell stock options for multi-millions before the final fall.....
Anita Wrote:WHY would people want to jump through so many frickin' hoops to make eBay work for them???  How much carp does eBay have to throw at a person before they move on?

I've been asking these same questions for months  Wink  I left last October because sales were horrible and the crap was piling up.  Its even worse now and I don't understand why anyone would stay there and deal with it.  When I read the boards there I just sit here shaking my head but smiling cause I dont have to deal with the sh*t anymore  Wink

Angel  Angel7
Quote:WHY would people want to jump through so many frickin' hoops to make eBay work for them??? 

They stay because "it gives us a built in customer base of millions. those millions likely wouldn't find us on our own website."  :Smile

Quote:When I read the boards there I just sit here shaking my head but smiling cause I dont have to deal with the sh*t anymore 

Admit it, you miss the hours/days spent revising templates after the latest rules change, the thrill of refreshing your store's home page and getting a different item count every time (tip: refreshing your eBay Store's home page is an excellent way to pick lottery numbers),

OFF TOPIC-for Anita's benefit: I stand corrected, the Amazon Faery now has a feedback rating of 1 not 0 and 23 items in her store.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13