TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Quote:A person has to have a hell of a lot of time on their hands
Quote:all the glitches and almost daily "enhancements."

eBay 30% of our revenues, 90% of our time because of the glitches, enhancements, revisions and daily rules changes  Big Grin

Quote:goal of getting a powerseller icon next to your name

eBay struck gold the day it lowered the PS requirement from $2,000 to $1,000 and began marketing PS as a status symbol.  Folks will spend more than they make to get over the $1,000 level and become a PS.
[quote author=xppman link=topic=4344.msg17351#msg17351 date=1152489999]
Bob I'll give her a good swat.
But I'm gonna charge her for it.  :blinkie:
What could we call that fee? hmmmmmmmm[/quote]

How about a Butt Enhancement Fee.  Pottytrain2

Quote:The only "enhancements" over there are them stoking each others egos.

Probably some stroking, too! Teletubbiesred <--- What the hell is this??
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=4344.msg17355#msg17355 date=1152494542]

[/quote]

It's Po!

Po is red and the smallest Teletubby, with a circular aerial on her head. She is a confident, happy individual and her favorite thing is her pink and blue scooter which she rides very fast. Po loves to dance and sing and do as she chooses. She has a special song which she likes to sing to herself, "Fi-dit, fi-dit, fi-dit, fi-dit." Po loves big hugs best of all.

http://pbskids.org/teletubbies/parentste...gmeet.html
Oh sneakymagenta you are soooo sneaky.

Teletubbies??? No way.    Sign10

Bob... Butt Enhancement Fee?  :blinkie:

Sounds good to me BUTT we better change the name
to something a little bit more palatable to the masses.

How about the anuall fee?  Laughing7

(peeps will think it only comes about once a year)

As for the stroking... well MATE.. We already get that FREE all year around.  Lol

It's like anuall and stroking for FREE
and exclusively only found on feebay.

[Image: gecko.jpg]

Happy001
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=4344.msg17356#msg17356 date=1152494906]
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=4344.msg17355#msg17355 date=1152494542]

[/quote]

It's Po!

Po is red and the smallest Teletubby, with a circular aerial on her head. She is a confident, happy individual and her favorite thing is her pink and blue scooter which she rides very fast. Po loves to dance and sing and do as she chooses. She has a special song which she likes to sing to herself, "Fi-dit, fi-dit, fi-dit, fi-dit." Po loves big hugs best of all.

http://pbskids.org/teletubbies/parentste...gmeet.html
[/quote]

Magenta, right on!! ;D ;D ;D
Quote:Bell I think she's speaking of KAT who is a full time accountant
out in PP country and who is a member here too.

No, it wasn't me - why make an assumption like that, instead of looking it up?  You're so good at research, it would have taken you no time at all to find out who really posted it instead of laying it in my lap.   :'(

I think that self-proclaimed Rabble Rousers have their roles to play in the community too - IMHO, its when discussions turn into personal attacks, that I think its goes too far.  I think its wrong for him to call people "ebay haters" - and its just as wrong to call him a "boinktard" for doing so.  Insulting and attacking each other instead of pointing out eBay's problems isn't good for the community - but its good for eBay because it distracts people from those real problems out there.

Quote:If it is her, than I see a lot of post where she is complaining
about stuff too, of course in an ebay PC kind of way.

Again, I think its possible to complain about eBay's stupidity without attacking other users as individuals - if that's seen as being PC, so be it.  It also keeps me from getting nasty emails from the Moderators....

Quote:Xp, The OP made a comment---can't seem to find it now. He must have self-reported it.

Bell, the original comment Amy posted about is in post #22 of that thread.  The full quote is:

"Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason. The fact is , many of their points make sense. They might even know more than many of us do at times."

Quote:its just as wrong to call him a "boinktard"

During one eBay Stores Brown Bag Lunch a couple members of eBay's Storesteam called me Boinktard! Then after the BBL they sent me snail mail (with a free eBay Stores USB drive) and called me Boinktard again!  I still have the envelope as proof--it clearly says Boinktard!  :blinkie:
Quote:Bell, the original comment Amy posted about is in post #22 of that thread.  The full quote is:

"Even the Ebay haters are here on the board for some reason. The fact is , many of their points make sense. They might even know more than many of us do at times."

Thanks for pointing that out, Kat. Btw, theere are other things he could have said. "Ebay haters" does bring to mind some rather negative connotations, doncha think? Wink Personally, IMO, he enjoys postulatating and hearing himself speak far more than he loves ebay or anything else, for that matter.
And hey, we all know that the "positive" people never speak ill of TT or any of us associated with it. RIght? Especially the SRG. :Smile

Forgive me if I still call him a boinktard.
Quote:During one eBay Stores Brown Bag Lunch a couple members of eBay's Storesteam called me Boinktard! Then after the BBL they sent me snail mail (with a free eBay Stores USB drive) and called me Boinktard again!  I still have the envelope as proof--it clearly says Boinktard!

Well - if I remember correctly, you were using an eBay ID of "boinktard" - maybe if you didn't want to be called that, you should have chosen another posting ID?   Big Grin

Quote:"Ebay haters" does bring to mind some rather negative connotations, doncha think?

Yes, and he was called out for making the comment in that thread very well...
A related thread on the SB ;D

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?t...2000175935&tstart=0&mod=1152543756047
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13