TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 308 times . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
They have the info and are not forking it over.  They are stupid! 
OR they are assuming you aren't going to follow through with it to the end???
OK, maybe they are *that* stupid!  :twistedevil:
Smileyitit
The Detective still hasn't called.
He's not sounding very aggressive.

He's saying things like "*If* they give me the IP address" . . . . :-(
Quote:"*If* they give me the IP address"

The legal system's playing field is about as level as eBay's.  eBay can refuse to provide information when its subpoened...the rest of us can't.
I wrote to Auctionbytes.

This is a detective in the County Sheriff's Office.  If he drops the ball, I'll work on getting the feds interested.

I don't consider *if* an option.  eBay has to turn this over.  (Or admit they destroyed evidence in a criminal investigation.)

eBay will NEVER be a safe trading environment as long as eBay is willing to break the law to protect the criminals who use its *venue* to commit crimes. 

So . . . somebody asked me for a copy of the chat transcripts where eBay employees are referencing the IP address that they now claim they never had.
I . . . don't have it.  I know.  Bad Beth.  I'll never make that mistake again. 
I called Stores Support.
The agent said he'd email them.  How nice.
He said he might  have to break it into several emails because there were so many.
Fine.
He sent three.
Of course, in all of them I'm the only one talking about the hacking attempt and the T&S folks are telling me my account hasn't been compromised, they see no suspicious activity ON my account (because they don't count attempts to get IN an account as suspicious), and they advise me to download the eBay toolbar.

Tongue2

I called an requested them again.  Keep your fingers crossed.
It appears that the one I really want from the 7th has . . . disappeared.
But the most recent stores rep said there were others and she'd send them.

Whatever. 

I guess you just assumed that they were helping you - don't know if I would have saved the chat transcripts either.  Especially since it looked like they were trying to help.

I guess, where eBay is concerned, I should always save communications, just in case.

By the way, thanks for bumping the directory thread.  I've actually gotten a few more sellers signing up for the free hosting and starting the journey away from eBay.

Jen
I'm still going to sign up.  Obviously. :-)  Just busy with holiday stuff and still wasting too much time on this  Bs
It's on my agenda for the week between Christmas and New Year's - after we get back from the mountains. Smile

I'll certainly save everything now. 

Lying Sack of Sh*t B*stards ;-)
You know . . . I knew I was going to have to get a court order to get the IP address.    From the very beginning.

I just never dreamed that eBay wouldn't obey that order.  It never even crossed my mind that they'd be willing to commit a CRIME in order to protect this criminal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13