TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 308 times . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
[quote author=iron_chick link=topic=717.msg2834#msg2834 date=1128987977]
I think it speaks volumes about the scope of the problem that the detective I dealt with today,  here is small town rural Georgia, was quite familiar with and sounded quite experienced with working on these sorts of eBay issues/crimes. 
[/quote]

I'm not surprised that he's familiar with eBay related issues.  I think this feedback profile and all the comments that say "eBay was no help". "PayPal was no help" are a good indication that eBay needs to do more for its users.
Quote:Negative feedback rating I'm envious of all those who actually received their books, AVOID!!

I think I like this one best.

The detective made the comment that eBay is worried about getting sued for violating [the criminal's] privacy.  (He agreed that it's my account and that no one else holds a privacy privlege regarding information concerning my account, but that's another issue.)

I think eBay should be worried about being charged as a co conspirator.
Among other things . . . eBay apparently can't tell time.

This last 24 hour security screen stayed in place 9 hours.  (Only the first actually lasted 24 hours.  For those who are keeping count, this was the 4th.)  Now, this usually works quite well for me, because they hacker believes they stay in place for 24 hours and doesn't try again, so I actually get to use my account for a bit. 

But it's hardly reassuring from a security point of view . . . .

Beth
Quote:2 1/2 months-no cd-no return e-mails-no refund-the guys a stool sample

I loke that one!
I heard from the detective . . . they're in the process of getting the subpoena. 
Whip2

I love these smilies.  Headbang
Hooray. Excellent news.  Hope they catch him.
Awesome, Beth.  Icon_thumleft*fingers crossed*.  BBH- I see that at long last they've NARU'd the idjit. 
[quote author=scarboroughseaashells link=topic=717.msg2888#msg2888 date=1129054004]
Awesome, Beth.   Icon_thumleft*fingers crossed*.  [/quote]

Ditto Smile
...and the plot thickens!!  Signs024

I wish Pirate's police department had had the common sense/intelligence/savvy that yours does.  If I remember correctly, they just sorta shrugged their shoulders.  Didn't want to help her, and just as in your case, ebay would do nothing.  You are very fortunate, as your harrassment will most likely end soon.  *hope hope hope*

One of the things I fault eBay most for in all of this is that they discourage people from reporting the illegal activities that occur on their website to law enforcement.    (Actually THEY should be reporting the crimes that occur on their website, but right now, I'd be happy if they'd just stop protecting the criminals.) 

If eBay tells you its not a crime and then you get a police officer who doesn't have the experience or training to recognize internet crimes . . . well, it certainly makes the battle tough.  (I found out today that the officer who originally took my report wasn't sure that a crime had been committed.) 

My heart broke for Pirate.  I offered to hook her up with a good lawyer in her area, but after all she went through I can understand her just wanting it to be over.  (I got the impression she just sorta walked away from everything.)    What was done to her was a crime.  And her stalker couldn't have done it without eBay. 

Anyway, this has only been going on for a week and I'm ready to snap necks.  Violent1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13