TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: 308 times . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Bs

Well . . . the detective received eBay's response to the subpoena on Monday (clearly they used eBay math in calculating *that* 30 days).

He got . . . well, pretty much everything about my account.  Every time I've logged in.  All of my financial data.  A copy of my evil help chats.  Every transaction I've ever made.

What he did't get . . . is the IP address of my attempted hacker.  They say they don't have it.  Bs  Now, in the chats they provided to him it's clear that they actually DO have the IP address of the person/thing who was trying repeatedly to access my account.      They reference repeatedly that the attempts are coming from Georgia and that they are NOT coming from my IP address so they have to be LOOKING at the hacker's IP address to see it.

But their response to the subpoena was that they have no record of any other IP address accessing my account and they did NOT turn over the IP address of the person who attempted unsuccessfully 308 times in 3 days to access it. 

The did NOT turn over the IP address of the would be hacker and now they are saying that they DON'T have it!  Bs

The Detective is calling them today, to talk to a real live person.  Happy001

Bs

Ya know . . . horse poo comes in nice round balls, perfect for throwing.  Tongue2
Quote:The did NOT turn over the IP address of the would be hacker and now they are saying that they DON'T have it! 

T&S is full of  Bs It sounds like your hacker has a friend in eBay's Trust & Safety department.  FYI, Pirate's stalker (who is still an active eBay user despite his stalking, identity theft, shill bidding, etc) was also from Georgia.
ebay has said SEVERAL times on TV and in interviews how they have logs of EVERYTHING
from day one. They boast that as part of their GREAT security.

They do indeed have the logs for this situation as well.

There is only one reason they have NOT supplied the IP that was trying to hack you.

They are trying to cover their a$$ because of their incompetence
in handling your situation to begin with.

As recent as the CNBC propaganda film that was aired a few months ago.
The head of ebay's Trust and Safety (I think it was) was telling the reporter on the record
as they were standing in the high tech computer data base center "how they have ALL this information".

I would find out who he is pull the CNBC story and have the detective call him and ask again.

Now it is obstruction of justice.

Hey didn't some people recently go to JAIL for lying to federal investigators?

And they even put their lie in writing.
Apparently eBay is telling the detective that it was a spyware/adware type thing causing the failed log in attempts.    That there weren't hacking attempts  - that this was coming from my computer.

There is one chat,  however, right before I contacted law enforcement, when I asked, specifically,  "Are these attempts coming from my IP address?" and the evil help person assured me that the failed attempts were coming from a DIFFERENT IP address, not mine.  For sure.  Absolutely.

Quote:ebay has said SEVERAL times on TV and in interviews how they have logs of EVERYTHING

I was going to say that!  Laughing7

A spyware program trying to login is believable but eBay trying to say they don't have the IP is not...

Quote:That there weren't hacking attempts 

Even if it was a spyware program trying to break into your account instead of a real person it was still a hacking attempt.  A huge percentage of hacks are done by automated programs like spyware, worms, etc that hackers have distributed to their networks of infected "bot' computers.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=717.msg5449#msg5449 date=1133373103]
Quote:ebay has said SEVERAL times on TV and in interviews how they have logs of EVERYTHING

I was going to say that!  Laughing7

A spyware program trying to login is believable but eBay trying to say they don't have the IP is not...

Quote:That there weren't hacking attempts 

Even if it was a spyware program trying to break into your account instead of a real person it was still a hacking attempt.  A huge percentage of hacks are done by automated programs like spyware, worms, etc that hackers have distributed to their networks of infected "bot' computers.

[/quote]

I tried to tactfully make sure that the detective KNEW that.  :-) 

That even if it was a spyware program, if it wasn't coming from MY computer, and they clearly said it wasn't in several chats, then it was coming from SOME OTHER computer.  (They actually said in several chats that it WAS a bot (or some sort of automated program), because the attempts would come faster than a real live human could enter them.) 

And that even though they never successfully accessed MY account, each time they TRIED, they accessed eBay's site, leaving an IP address for each of those attempts. 

They're just lying.  I can't see any other interptetation.       
Unbelievable.  Actually they probably don't have it because some guy in India lost it and now they can't find it and no one knows where it is.  After all, this is the co. with dead help.
They have MY logins from the same period of time. 
It is possible that eBay is not lying... and just STUPID.
Even eBay isn't *that* stupid.

Or is IT?  Evil4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13