TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Snubs Stores Board Rabble Rousers to Meet with Voices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
SRG went private because the last time I invited people over from the stores board about 150 people joined in two weeks. It go so everyone was complaining they couldnt keep up with posts. We have 1/10 the membership of other groups that hardly have any posts yet people gab away in our group.

Ironically although you think people are cheerleading Kool-Aid drinkers , I dont think you will find too many people disagreeing with many of the things you stated here. I think eBays business changed big time over the last few years , and a real slowing has occured that was somewhat masked by its international growth. The stock has recently took a bath, and I think people are starting to figure things out.

If you do have entry in to the group check out the thread on Pricing on eBay.

Whatever their growth rate is , it could easily be double if they did things right and had advertising that made sense. Perhaps the reason you feel some of us are more positive is that many have not been here as long and seen as much stuff as you have perhaps. THe stores in and out of main search was (in my opinion) the worst move eBay has made since I started selling.

In the thread I mentioned we talk about eBay relying on people losing money to make their money not on matching up buyers and sellers. Its basically the greater fool theory where people keep showing up to "make a living on ebay" and keep finding out they can "make some huge losses" and sell things at 99 cents to clear them out . One person's loss leader and clear out is anothers bread and butter.

There is such an imbalance "completed auctions" mean nothing. One person I know bought three lots cheap on ebay and sold the stuff at TAG SALES for more money!

Lots of issues, really no solutions. I think Chris only wanted to talk to us because some of our members email him so much he felt it would be good to cover some issues. I am sure he is not going to tell anyone anything new or unreleased.

Marty
Quote:Ironically although you think people are cheerleading Kool-Aid drinkers , I dont think you will find too many people disagreeing with many of the things you stated here. I think eBays business changed big time over the last few years , and a real slowing has occured that was somewhat masked by its international growth. The stock has recently took a bath, and I think people are starting to figure things out.

I don't think that "people are cheerleading Kool-Aid drinkers" just the one's who sing the praise of ebay all day long and cover for ebay no matter what they seem to do.

As for the rest of your paragraph:
Some of US have BEEN trying to tell you ALL for some time now what is occurring.
Some of us actually were trying to effect positive operational and policy changes
OR STOP those changes to benefit ALL.

The frustrating part is that some of the people who are just starting to "figure things out"
are the same people that ridiculed many of us as if we were somehow just rabble rousers
without a clue.

Of course then there is the plants undercover mods hired by lieworld to
do what ever they can towards ebay's goals (I wont go there) for now.

Quote:Perhaps the reason you feel some of us are more positive is that many have not been here as long and seen as much stuff as you have perhaps.

For me I don't see some of you as "positive".
I see some of you people as being fleeced and brainwashed
by the ebay propaganda / mantra.

I truly saddens me to see those who are either unable to see
what is really going (and HAS BEEN for at least the last few years)
or are to afraid to take it to the next level.

While I respect anyone who is still able to be successful on ebay.
I find it hard to believe that more than just a VERY small percentage
are actually being successful.
Case in point:
Just go look and see how many "successful" ebayers are now in chapter 7
or have moved on.
Some of ebay's top sellers are crashing and burning left and right.

BTW:
My definition of success is being able to turn enough profit
from your sales, to not only pay your overhead, but to derive
a decent livable salary that in turn pays for your lifestyle.

The BIG problem in a nut shell is that ebay's goals
and the majority of the sellers goals ARE
NOT one in the same.

The handwriting has been on the wall for quite some time now.
The GREED factor from ebay is what has and will continue
to erode the ebay market place.

Personally I hope it continues and ebay crashes and burns BIG TIME.

The NO  Smileykoolaid zone.
[quote author=MyAdviceSucks link=topic=3740.msg14001#msg14001 date=1147640385]THe stores in and out of main search was (in my opinion) the worst move eBay has made since I started selling.[/quote]

Without a doubt. Fortunately, it was after I had already quit selling. The beginning of the end for me was their category rollups, which put an immediate and irreversible nail in my coffin. It was dumb, dumb, dumb. ~Bob
Marty,
I was just kidding about the secret handshake comment.  By nature, I'm a smartasp.  I know, I know... hard to believe! 
I think eBay is a slimeball company.  You don't.  Does it reallllly matter if we don't agree?
On a side note, I have a niece that plans to start selling on eBay.  She wants to have an online income.  I gave her a link to the Stores Board and gave her the name of your group.  I thought that was fair enough.  Hopefully, she will READ before doing anything.

Edited to add:  On a side note, the beginning of the end for me was the CONSTANT revising!!  Gawd, who has that kind of time?! 
The final end for me was when eBay pulled all my listings... even the ones that were in compliance.  (Miora's "Two Second" rule)
My logo mentioned a charity.  Sooooo, it was a no no for me to be using it on the non charity listings.  A simple FYI e-mail would have done the trick.  NO, I did NOT have other warnings concerning listing infractions. 
The story gets even better!!  Once eBay realized their error and sent me their stupid "We're sorry BS e-mail," they reinstated the listings.  I had winners on listings that were pulled in the middle of the listing time frame!!  Most bids on my items came in on the last day.
The fact that all my buyers were sent e-mails that I was a baaaaad seller is another story.
The eBay boards are full of distraught eBayers again today just as they have been for weeks.  Will Chris Tsakalakis and his storesteam members continue to ignore their paying customers on the boards this week? Will this be another week where the eBay Stores team continues to only communicate with a tiny non-representative sampling of eBay users while ignoring the masses?  Tongue

//waves to Chris Tsakalakis//
Hey!!  The link above shows ME being quoted for something I didn't say.  I can get into enough trouble on my own... I don't need any help.  Big Grin
You probably said IT.  Forgot about IT and IT was deleted anyway sooooo.

I told you to STOP taking valium when having cocktails... Silly.

Sign10
[quote author=xppman link=topic=3740.msg14038#msg14038 date=1147704342]

I told you to STOP taking valium when having cocktails... Silly.

Sign10
[/quote]

Thanks for the reminder.  Tongue

I was just passing by the Stores Board.  There is plenty of rabble rousing going on and MOST of it is from non-Tulip Tool members. 
You know , I usually just lurk here , but after reading BBH's post , I am so friggin mad I have no idea what to do with myself. Considering throwing some plates just to dissapate my rage or Chris T. is the perfect face to paste on a donkeys rear end for target practice.

BBh, you should send your post to AUctionbytes---at least more people would be aware. Or, at least post it on the stores board.
Anyone & Anita Wave, any plans for rousing the rabble at Live? Please count me in if so.

Mad as hell!!
PS Where is the spellcheck?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18