TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Snubs Stores Board Rabble Rousers to Meet with Voices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Bells,
I don't know if Chris reads this forum, but rumor has it that it gets discussed at SRG.  Wink

My best friend lives in Vegas, so I have thought about going during the same time frame, but I wouldn't DREAM of attending any eBay Live carp.  There are a few eBay sellers that would be fun to meet.

Explain to me reaaaaaaaaal slow why you are ticked off at Chris?  I just want to understand and apparently I'm tooooo stupid.
Anita,
I complimented that a$$ a week or two ago in a thread--I think it was Odd's thread when he arranged to have her store restored.
I have spent  a lot of time posting on the stores board, in many cases being criticized (an understatement)for my opinions. When doing so, I justified it to myself by saying, "self, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.".
BTW, that is apparently so not true. Chris has apparently decided that the "Voices" are more representative of ebay store owners than all those who have complained or posted on the Petition. Now, I can't help but think that he is intentionally ignoring how his/ebay's actions havei mpacted the lives of thousands of strore sellers in a negative way and is attempting to train us as though we are Pavlov's dogs---saying to us, in effect, "behave and your opinions will matter. If you don't become a cheerleader, we not only do not care for your opinions, but will punish you by our refusal to listen."

That is why I am so angry at him, Anita. He is, IMHO, a bloody idiot. Not only that but you know that all the cheerleaders will be gloating---the thought makes my blood boil!!
Quote:I also don't understand what the problem is.  Seriously.

Personally, I have no problem because eBay is less than 1% of my business and its asinine policies, glitches have minimal to no impact on my business.  If my eBay Stores fell of the face of the planet it would probably take me a few weeks or months to notice they were missing.  ;D: .

...but:

My problem with Chris is that the stores boards have been full of people crying out for answers for weeks and there hasn't been a pink in sight to answer their questions.  Many of the people who are looking for answers for the most part aren't board regulars, or members of SRG, and so this private meeting with a small group of 276 storeowners will do nothing to answer the questions of the thousands of storeowners who aren't receiving any answers. Chris and Storesteam need to answer questions from all storeowners...everyone, not just a tiny group deserves answers. 

There are people whose businesses and livelihoods are dieing (like the store owner who went from 250 daily sales to 15) as a result of changes eBay made in its search algorithm (and eBay's BS that all they did was revert back to the way search was pre-stores inclusion in search is total BS...my years of running small search engines (see my signature) tells me in addition to reverting back to pre-inclusion they also changed the algorithm they're using)

Chris and his team need to speak to all customers not just a select few.  They can start by answering the questions of those they've ignored on the storesboard over the past month.

Hmm, I think Amy's quote from yesterday explains the season CHRIS SUCKS better:

Quote:The eBay boards are full of distraught eBayers again today just as they have been for weeks.  Will Chris Tsakalakis and his storesteam members continue to ignore their paying customers on the boards this week? Will this be another week where the eBay Stores team continues to only communicate with a tiny non-representative sampling of eBay users while ignoring the masses?
Well, in the karmatic scheme of things, Chris is the top dog at ProStores (which I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy) so I think he's getting his come-uppance in spades.  (DId I mix enough metaphors there?)  Imagine having to go around to various conferences around the country and stand up there, with a straight face (further accentuated by the bald head) and try to sell people on ProStores.  

Compared to the melt-down that is probably occuring on that front, the Stores are probably working well and everything is peachy.  However, having said that, the level of "communication" on the Stores board by Pinks is appalling. 

Patrice

BBH and Bells,
Thanks for the explanations.  I think where I became lost is... I blame eBay, the company, and not the people working for them.  Their employees are doing what they have to in order to maintain employment.  
eBay has ALWAYS come up with BS that the "majority" of this and that group are the reasons they changed this or that.  eBay has ALWAYS had their favorites.  eBay has NEVER been a level playing field.  eBay simply SUCKS.  ebay is an unethical company.
Personally, I could NEVER work for eBay!  I have better morals.  
The eBay boards are full of distraught eBayers again today just as they have been for weeks.  Will Chris Tsakalakis and his storesteam members continue to ignore their paying customers on the boards this week? Will this be another week where the eBay Stores team continues to only communicate with a tiny non-representative sampling of eBay users while ignoring the masses?

EXACTLY the point!!!! Protest
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=3740.msg14105#msg14105 date=1147789067]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=3740.msg14102#msg14102 date=1147788833]PS Where is the spellcheck?
[/quote]

BBH sez that if you don't know how to spell then you can just go to hell (paraphrasing, or is that parafrazing).
[/quote]

Icon_biggrin Icon_biggrin Icon_biggrin

Umm, when I was setting up the server I forgot to compile PHP with pspell support so the spellchecker won't work on this server (sadistically adds: I did remember to compile it into PHP on our other servers and spellcheck works great on them).  At some point in the maybe distant future I'll move TT to one of our Fedora servers because I've decided I can't stand SuSe Linux (this is our only SuSe box) and then the spellcheck will work.  If it makes anyone feel any better, the "use spellcheck" box is checked on this software...it just won't work. Tongue

Anita Wrote:I blame eBay, the company, and not the people working for them.
As a VP, Chris is high enough up in the ranking, and has enough decision making power to qualify as "the company" in my book.
Thanks for the explanations.  I think where I became lost is... I blame eBay, the company, and not the people working for them.  Their employees are doing what they have to to in order to maintain employment. 
eBay has ALWAYS come up with BS that the "majority" of this and that group are the reasons they changed this or that.  eBay has ALWAYS had their favorites.  eBay has NEVER been a level playing field.  eBay simple SUCKS.  They are an unethical company.
Personally, I could NEVER work for eBay!  I have higher morals. 

Anita, I totally agree with everything you said here, however, I have to say that I believe that the executives have far more control/input than the ordinary ebay employee. My employment would never be so important to me that I would lose my sense of ethics  and behave in the manner that Chris T. and others have just to keep a job. That is what makes me so damn mad!!
BTW, BBh, ebay cannot affect my business at all---I will not even consider reopening my store and wasting my time until ebay makes some changes. If they don't I will simply close--not much lost. I do, however, feel very badly for those who are seriously impacted financially and are trying to support families. What the hell was Omidyar's community carp all about?
Anita Wave Smile

BBh put it  better than I could--the following is exactly what I think!!

As a VP, Chris is high enough up in the ranking, and has enough decision making power to qualify as "the company" in my book. (quote from BBH)

BBh--the spellcheck isn't a big deal, lol, I'll work with it Smile
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=3740.msg14130#msg14130 date=1147794547]

As a VP, Chris is high enough up in the ranking, and has enough decision making power to qualify as "the company" in my book.
[/quote]

I didn't realize he is a VP.  I thought he was just a Pink.  Therefore, I agree with your statement.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18