TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Hairless Chris Tsakalakis Snubs Stores Board Rabble Rousers to Meet with Voices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Quote:Ugly or angry about a subject or event?  Yes.  Ugly with personal attacks between members?
no.

Stardust you're absolutely right, but I've been around forums (otwa included) long enough to know when a thread is "about" to get into a personal attack mode and that's why I nipped that thread when I did. And in all fairness, I didn't just zap it.  I posted my intention to do so a day beforehand and allowed members to get in their last licks.  Aside from that, since becoming group leader a few weeks ago, one of the first orders of business was to stop the former leaders habit of (almost) daily deleting of threads.

I understand how many folks here think we're a bunch of rah rah "positive" people, but the reality is...we do a lot of venting a lot about problems, glitches and the evil powers that be, but instead of just whining about it, we also try to find solutions to deal with what we're given (or have taken away). And we are definately a 'watch out for' and 'guess what' group. In fact the tulup thread was a "guess what" post but it was starting to get out of hand.

r-

ps: Landofsmiles...careful or I'll pink slap you too.  Wink

rob Wrote:but instead of just whining about it, we also try to find solutions to deal with what we're given (or have taken away).

Rob-

A. running a business based on what "you're given or have taken away" is, as Sneaky said in the quote I reposted below, a good way to limit your business' growth potential and to stay dependent on eBay.

B.  the habit of you and several others in your group of wrongly assuming (and yes the assuming does make the assumer a total ass)  that all that others do is whine about problems rather than taking steps to correct any problems in their business, is asinine (as several other people have also said).

In case you missed their comments,  here's Sneaky's and Mandy's comments on the ASSholeumption that "all others do is whine" (and for the benefit of the person at SRG who didn't believe Sneaky was telling the truth about her 3 selling IDs, I've bought from Sneaky in the past and can verify that yes her statements are true):

[quote author=mandy link=topic=3740.msg14112#msg14112 date=1147789480]
As an Internet business owner who has never ventured into eBay selling or C2C/B2C selling, I find the perception that some members of that small subset of eBay users have of TulipTools as "a place where nothing but whining occurs" to be most amusing because the eBay forum is just 1 of 268 forums here-the vast majority of which have absolutely no complaining.  For that small subset of people who can't see beyond the eBay forum and label TulipTools as "nothing but whiners and negativity"  based on 1 of its 268 forums >>> ;D
[/quote]

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=3740.msg13957#msg13957 date=1147574436]
Katiyana linked to this post at SRG. Kalamaquilts  called us folks here whiney.  She doesn't think we take our businesses seriously.  Laughing4  Hey Kamala I have 3 Ebay selling IDs.   I'm a shooting star on one ID. I take my business seriously. I have 4 employees.  Do you?  Why don't you Stfu and look in the mirror?  Wave

I am totally boinking sick of hearing cheerleading  part-timers say that folks who don't kiss the Megster's ass don't take business seriously.  What a boinking joke.
[/quote]

[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=3740.msg13967#msg13967 date=1147577657]

SRG is private.  I joined way back when, last winter maybe, cuz anything private is an invitation for me to join and read.  Stay small and dependent on eBay is all I've gathered from it.[/quote]
Quote:Even Jim gives a warning before actually locking a thread that got out of hand....

Locking a thread is good.. Censorship / deletion is BAD.

That is what lieworld does. Deleted posters and entire threads
and that is just plain unethical and wrong.
I mean what ever happened to freedom of speech?

I would agree like Star said, let a thread run its
course, lock it if you must but don't delete it.

Quote:we do a lot of venting a lot about problems, glitches and the evil powers that be, but instead of just whining about it, we also try to find solutions to deal with what we're given (or have taken away).

What a load of bull wombat poo poo. You just insinuated that the folks here are " just whining about it".  LOL

I don't know about you pal or who you are but I gotta tell you.

Many of use here and around the net are doing a hell of a lot more than just
" whining about it".   How many independent SUCCESSFUL websites do you have?

Or are you still tied to momma Megs apron?

The arrogance of :asshat2: s like this really pisses me off.
Coming over here to telling us we are "just whining about it".

What a  Boinktard
There will always be three types of folks:  leftwing, rightwing and fence straddlers (most folks fall into this category).  So it is with groups, also. 

Both of these forums are good forums.  They are different, and tackle stuff in completely different ways.  Both forums branched from the Stores Board, so there's really a lot in common between all folks participating.  There are just different approaches regarding the ebay saga, and different visions for a successful future.

TulipTools branches out with information and personal poster help with building independent websites.  SRG deals 100% on personal poster help with building an ebay site.  Most folks glean good information from BOTH forums, because they participate on both sides.  Lots of ebayers also have websites.  And lots of folks are just wannabees, and still get good info from both forums. 

The extreme left will always ridicule the extreme right, and visaversa.  That's just everyday stuff which makes for interesting entertainment....  Wink
I've been a lurker here for a little while, and also a member of SRG.  I have found both forums to be very informative.  Believe it or not, I didn't even know that ebay stores existed until June of last year and I've been selling on ebay since 1999!  I need ebay (for now) and the SRG forum helps with information and ideas to work around whatever ebay throws at us or takes away from us.  I had no idea about keywords or meta tags until certain SRG members took the time to explain how necessary they were.  I also need this group for honest information.  It is because of postings on the stores board by Anita and BBH that I decided not to leave all of my eggs in ebay's basket.  The other venue (Shoppal) has only sold one thing so far, but it's a start.  My goal is to have a real website with a real merchant account, but for now ebay is where most of my sales come from (and that aint saying much). 

Stardust is correct - both forums are good forums. 
the habit of you and several others in your group of wrongly assuming (and yes the assuming does make the assumer a total ass)  that all that others do is whine about problems rather than taking steps to correct any problems in their business, is asinine (as several other people have also said).
(quote by BBH--I can't get the hang of the quote thingy, lol)

This is how I feel Was just about to post in response to Rob's last post, and read BBH's post. I am not a member of SRG, nor would I ever care to be. Too much of the cultlike atmosphere there for me--not enough independent thinking, and filled with a large number of bullies.
Positive is great---unrealistic is stupid. Calling store sellers who do not toe the party line "whiners" , is a clear indication to me that I have no desire to be associated with such a group.

Funny how most of the stores board trolls spring from this group...........

One more thing, ebay does not care any more about the people in this group than they do about the "whiners" ---you in SRG are spinning your wheels if you really believe you will affect them---they just find it easier to use you to carry out their "party" policies.

Ban trolling and bullying by SRG members and I might consider feeling more respectful.

Just a final thought--had to get it out, lol.

I am sick and tired of reading a so-called whiners thread and finding trolls, with and without posting ids, trying to shut down the right of the posters to express their opinions. If the Positve Police don't like the whining, they should refrain from reading it and certainly from trying to shut it down.Most of these trolls seem to belong to the SRG. Coincidence or Policy?

Much as Bush would like it to not be so, we are ALL still allowed to express our opinions.

[Image: clappinghands.gif]
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=3740.msg14243#msg14243 date=1147838268]
rob Wrote:but instead of just whining about it, we also try to find solutions to deal with what we're given (or have taken away).

Rob-

A. running a business based on what "you're given or have taken away" is, as Sneaky said in the quote I reposted below, a good way to limit your business' growth potential and to stay dependent on eBay.

B.  the habit of you and several others in your group of wrongly assuming (and yes the assuming does make the assumer a total ass)  that all that others do is whine about problems rather than taking steps to correct any problems in their business, is asinine (as several other people have also said).[/quote]

BBH, I'd agree with point A. However, no one can deny that for "some" people, ebay is their best avenue on line when starting out because of the huge traffic already in place. I think it's important to remember that not all sellers have expectations of becoming titans of the business world, and are completely satisfied with supplementing their income via ebay and therefore having a place like srg to brainstorm the giveth and taketh mentality of ebay is essential.

B. I think you misinterpreted my words...I made no assumpsions about others whining.  My 'whining' comment was speaking in general terms and pointed no fingers towards this forum or anyone else...I was simply explaining that srg will whine about the shit ebay does, but we also look for ways to work within the system.

[quote author=xppman link=topic=3740.msg14244#msg14244 date=1147838321]
Quote:Even Jim gives a warning before actually locking a thread that got out of hand....

Locking a thread is good.. Censorship / deletion is BAD.

That is what lieworld does. Deleted posters and entire threads
and that is just plain unethical and wrong.
I mean what ever happened to freedom of speech?

I would agree like Star said, let a thread run its
course, lock it if you must but don't delete it.

Quote:we do a lot of venting a lot about problems, glitches and the evil powers that be, but instead of just whining about it, we also try to find solutions to deal with what we're given (or have taken away).

What a load of bull wombat poo poo. You just insinuated that the folks here are " just whining about it".  LOL

I don't know about you pal or who you are but I gotta tell you.

Many of use here and around the net are doing a hell of a lot more than just
" whining about it".  How many independent SUCCESSFUL websites do you have?

Or are you still tied to momma Megs apron?

The arrogance of :asshat2: s like this really pisses me off.
Coming over here to telling us we are "just whining about it".

What a  Boinktard
[/quote]

XP, Here you are saying "you don't know me, and yet your first post towards me is full of insults. What's up with that? I don't think I was being arrogant but if I was, I apologize. As I just said, I made no assumptions about the tulip forums, I never accused any of you as whiney babies, I was speaking in general terms. I've wandered around this place and find it rather nice actually, there are a lot of very itellegent people, threads and discussions going on.

For the record though, I do have a successful website, sell on other venues and ebay is my LEAST profitable avenue of income but...ebay does serve a useful purpose for me at the moment because it allows me to pull & cultivate customers that might not find me otherwise. I have no love or loyalty to ebay...it's simply another tool I use to build my bid-ness.

rob
(who is apparantly a boinktard)

rob (who is apparantly a boinktard)
  Ban trolling and bullying by SRG members on the boards and you might have a leg to stand on. As it is, you should probably ask House if you can borrow his cane. 8)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18