TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Censorship on Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Thanks for the alert Sneaky.  Any site bigoted assholes and their defenders congregate is a place you won't find me.  I added GBB to the list of places I wouldn't be caught dead in even if almost all of the posts weren't so obviously the work of unknowledgeable beginners.  I had to wipe my screen after reading the answers posted in the code and tech talk threads.

Quote:Censorship on Forums

I'm a lifelong San Francisco resident.  We're genetically programmed to be liberals and detest censorship and intolerant bigots.  Lol
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4715.msg20725#msg20725 date=1155471974]
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=4715.msg20706#msg20706 date=1155442756]
What'd I do?
[/quote]

This is too easy. You're giving Sliique bad advice just to be contrary. Nono

You do love contrary, don't you?!  :Smile
[/quote]No. I'm not sure what you're talking about. I like to try to understand both sides of an intelligent discussion. I think MarketWorks is OK. I like eBay. I always have. I prefer websites to either of those solutions, or maybe in conjunction with those solutions. My perspective is different from many people on TT in this regard. I'm not trying to stir up trouble. I've learned a lot from TT, and I can share a lot too. Many of the articles posted here support my viewpoint of going beyond SEO to attract customers and get them to stay.

My point is you need a spot on the web that you're comfortable with, so you can maintain your web presence properly. MarketWorks and eBay meet that need for a lot of people. When I say it's OK, it sounds to me like the contrarinous is suggesting it's never OK when it clearly is. In my opinion, osCommerce is usually not OK because of the CRE Loaded and ZenCart alternatives. These are different animals from MarketWorks, so I don't feel like I can categorically say not to use it. I miss the opportunity for a discussion where you "discover" the situation and specific needs of the client. In web design, video, programming, and virtually everything else we do, discovery is the first step.

I'm frustrated with the diatribes, the cookie-cutter responses, and the biases. That's a genuine frustration, and it is not just trying to be contrary. The Internet is really big, and nobody has it figured out yet. There is plenty of room for discussion and different opinions. We don't have to immediately say, "You're an idiot because you like product x."

I will admit I like to tease people, but I'm not doing that right now.
I discovered long ago that
third party money grubbing middle men like ebay or any other service
that attaches an over inflated commission to you your sales are
bottom feeders and they SUCK.

I also discovered long ago that money grubbing middle men like
ebay or any other service who attempt to restrain FREE TRADE
are asp holes and should be taken out and SHOT.

I also discovered that I have a very low tolerance for those who "like" these
money grubbing middle men types or recommend their services to others.  Lol
Follow-up to this thread from TRC

http://www.therossshow.com/showthread.php?t=5423
Coming in way at the end here. Been really busy.

Quote:The Ross Show wasn't the first offense...see my previous quotes from FAS.  It was at least the 4th offense.  There were 3 that I saw on FAS, including one extremely hate filled remark about Moslems during WP.

Yep. It wasn't the first time, or probably even the 5th time. I stand by what I've said, just as BBH does. Period.

I've even spoken with her here on TT since the Ross Show discussion, without being negative to her. If she's discussing business, auctions, or other constructive topics (or if anyone is, for that matter), I have no problem being formally respectful--even if we disagree on more sensitive matters.

When that old "unintentioned" racism sneaks back in, well... that's really a bummer and quite uncool. And many of you know how I feel about that.

And, as if we need one more confirmation--she was not banned from TRS. Neither was her friend who contributed to the discussion on TRS.

I skimmed a few posts over at TRS.  thentavius, you use a different avatar there.  All this time I have been drooling over what I thought were your good looks... (referring to the Avatar you use here) and it is NOT you?!!  Wink
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4715.msg20863#msg20863 date=1155685259]
I skimmed a few posts over at TRS.  thentavius, you use a different avatar there.  All this time I have been drooling over what I thought were your good looks... (referring to the Avatar you use here) and it is NOT you?!!  Wink
[/quote]

Sad, isn't it? ;D
[quote author=rose link=topic=4715.msg20749#msg20749 date=1155535862]
Quote:Censorship on Forums

I'm a lifelong San Francisco resident.  We're genetically programmed to be liberals and detest censorship and intolerant bigots.  Lol
[/quote]

Berkeley checking in Wave Ditto on racist fuckheads being pond scum.
Sounds to me more like a witch hunt than anything else.
I think they found the witches. They just want to burn them at the steak.
Anyone have hot dogs? We can have a cook out.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21