TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Censorship on Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Hi Dirty! Tard

Of course, you are welcome anywhere, girl!
Love those comments of yours on the newbie board---rofl!! Wonder if I could sneak onto that board with another id???? I know Cranky loves that board!

So, what's your opinion of forum censorship?

GO XP!!! Common010

Mr.O---Roswell? Please-------------- Tongue1
The phone was ringing, so I had to come up with something quick! I guess I was a little off-topic, but Sneaky made me do it.

Forum censorship is irritating, but there are so many other things to talk about. Like, let's build somethin'. BBH can write Zencart mods blindfolded, both hands tied behind his back, and with his computer unplugged. Why not focus on that instead of other irritants? Why is it necessary to bash eBay, unless that's just an attention getter.

So, in concluuuuuusion, I get pretty annoyed if someone edits my posts. To do it without following something close to BFK's protocol is unacceptable. Part of the reason I went with my face for my logo was due to someone playing identity games on an un-named forum. OK, so maybe I'm "white but got a nose like Bill Cosby" (as the Bloodhound Gang says) but it's MY nose, dagnabit! I put my ugly face out there for everyone to throw rotten tomatoes at, and the least I deserve is to not have my words changed to something more polite and intelligent!

So can we talk about something else, now? Pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!!! Kirk was cool about it. Vital is excitable, but not evil.
You are actually RIGHT Mr. O and for that I'm happy.

So lets all move passed the ebay blunders.

It was good and many had a good run at it.

I understand your messages for the most part brother
but the future IMO is not new flashy stuff
(just because it's available)
but basic raw small merchants doing what EVERY customer wants.

Quality products, customer service and ease of getting both..
I just finished reading the thread sneaky linked to. I'm in 100% agreement with sneaky's statement about the ignorance of a certain mental midget.  ~spit~
We can talk later about what every lady "customer" wants from MrO. Problem is, gettting slapped all the time get's old. I can understand playing hard to get, but real beer bottles aren't break-aways, like Hollywood!
So clear out the beer bottles and quit being so illusive.

If U KNOW some shit say so.

If you want to GET customers
because you know some shit.. then by all means tell us. 

Be STRAIGHT man.
OK. Here it is STRAIGHT!

I wasted a lot of time over the past year trying to design, build, program, test, debug, etc., a complete, custom eCommerce solution. I had hoped to surprise everybody with the TOTAL package by now, but, instead, I stand before everybody naked and without package.

I was incredibly stupid to go down that path. I'm sure a solo-programmer can write an eCommerce solution, but, considering Zencart is free, well-maintained, and pretty darned secure, it's just NOT likely to be worth it. There are a lot of technologies that go into making a nice store. Understanding PHP isn't even close to being enough. I thought some folks were going to share my passion and puruse it hell-for-leather, but I just got lukewarm support. It's not their fault. It's tough being friends with a dreamer.

Right now, I'm just picking up the pieces. Just smokin' an' thinkin' about plan Z.

Oh! And I really do like eBay, but my "money" was on a Zencart beater. eBay should be used as a tool without letting emotions get involved. They don't treat their customers like humans, so USE eBay every which way you can.
[quote author=regic link=topic=4715.msg20613#msg20613 date=1155352737]
I just finished reading the thread sneaky linked to. I'm in 100% agreement with sneaky's statement about the ignorance of a certain mental midget.  ~spit~
[/quote]

Well, I have to admit I didn't click on Sneaky's link when I replied to it.
After seeing your post today Regic, I went back and clicked.

I managed to get through pg 5 before I could no longer stem my overwhelming urge to Puke
Sneaky's statement re the ignorance of the posters, now 2 of the admin people at the aforementioned forum, was kind, to say the least. The words that come to my mind as I contemplate their attitudes and behavior, are far from that.
I do like the term "mental midgets" because it is quite clear that they are exactly that.

Censorship is far less important on my list of disgusting things than is rascism/bigotry.

I still feel like throwing up. Puke

PS//No wonder they don't like the Ross Show---they might want to consider, at least they were allowed the freedom to express their bigoted, ignorant opinions.

Thanks for the link, Sneaky. As usual, you are right on.
misteroriginal Wrote:eBay should be used as a tool without letting emotions get involved. They don't treat their customers like humans, so USE eBay every which way you can.

Finally something I can agree with you on  Wink

Angel  Angel7
I don't buy the racist theory. Some people get too hung up on words. I think Oprah Winfrey said words can hurt just as much as a fist, but I'll take the insults.

The Wikipedia isn't perfect, I know, but we're talking human zoos, genocide, slavery...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

If the word "racist" includes everyone from the most vile creatures on the face of the planet down to someone who doesn't keep up with the PC terms, then it loses it's meaning.

The race card is a bunch of crap that is used to assassinate the character of people you don't like anyway. It's easy to unintentionally trip the wire, then the "non-racists" pounce as if they have the moral license to unleash every other insult and hate.

Reread the thread. The "saints" were pouring gasolene on the faux pas in the hopes of evening entertainment? Common sense is, if everybody is poking fun of everybody, then someone goes too far with a racist comment, all kidding around and insulting has to stop. It's called a cease fire. The dynamic in the RS thread was to keep emotions high and corner the naughty ones in a defensive position.

I'm sorry. I don't buy it at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21