TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Censorship on Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=4715.msg20887#msg20887 date=1155696505]
Sounds to me more like a witch hunt than anything else.
[/quote]

If the shoe fits.

[quote author=xppman link=topic=4715.msg20890#msg20890 date=1155696979]
I think they found the witches. They just want to burn them at the steak.
Anyone have hot dogs? We can have a cook out.  ;D
[/quote]

Pass the buns.
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=4715.msg20887#msg20887 date=1155696505]
Sounds to me more like a witch hunt than anything else.
[/quote]

It is getting harder and harder to tell who are the "bad guys" and who aren't.  I guess if I had the desire to figure things out, I would have to frequent a bazillion different chat forums.
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4715.msg20936#msg20936 date=1155745462]

It is getting harder and harder to tell who are the "bad guys" and who aren't.  I guess if I had the desire to figure things out, I would have to frequent a bazillion different chat forums.
[/quote]And how do you figure out who's just going through a bad phase? Or who's just tring to pull your tail?
[quote author=misteroriginal link=topic=4715.msg20941#msg20941 date=1155749044]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=4715.msg20936#msg20936 date=1155745462]

[/quote]And how do you figure out who's just going through a bad phase? Or who's just tring to pull your tail?
[/quote]

It's really pretty simple. I have never heard anyone who was not a racist to begin with suddenly espouse racist garbarge because they were going through a "bad phase". A racist is a racist.

As to "who's just tring to pull your tail", well, the smart money says a non-racist will not use racist remarks to do so in a public forum. If they do, they truly are mentally challenged.

Why are you defending  people who espouse racism?
I don't support your agenda. Now your trying to label me as someone who defends those who espouse racism. I don't agree with your premise, so we're not going to get anywhere with this.

Right now I'm a snowflake. When I get old, and move to Florida, I will become a Q-tip. I really don't care. I can be friends with people who use racial slurs AGAINST me. I don't go around with a chip on my shoulder or the belief that I can save the world by endlessly stirring the pot.

If you can read the Wik list without laughing, then you are either no fun whatsoever, or I don't know what.

Here. Read this and lighten up, Church Lady!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060988...15?ie=UTF8&s=books
Quote:I don't support your agenda.

I don't have an agenda. I didn't even bring up the issue of racism. Nor did I make the racist statements.

Quote:I can be friends with people who use racial slurs AGAINST me.

That's your choice, although I don't think they were using racist slurs to describe you.

Quote:I don't go around with a chip on my shoulder or the belief that I can save the world by endlessly stirring the pot.

O, I have no chip on my shoulder, nor do I believe I can save the world. This is just a convenient thing for you to say to me, to somehow diminish my credibility.
No offense taken. Smile

Quote:If you can read the Wik list without laughing, then you are either no fun whatsoever, or I don't know what.

Actually, some of the terms were so stupid, I did laugh. That is not to say that I find racist slurs humorous.

Quote:Here. Read this and lighten up, Church Lady!

Church lady?  Happy001

Not me. I have a strong tendency to stay away from organized religion.

Being unwilling to tolerate racism does not make me any other name you care to call me.

You should lighten up, O. Really, you are positively anal. Pottytrain5
I take it you don't know what a church lady is. It really doesn't have much to do with religion.

Did you even look at the book?

Are you familiar with Abdul Rahman?

Richard Pryor?
I can't believe this discussion is still going on.  :Smile

That 1 yr old thread is not old enough!  Let's dig up some 3 yr old threads and talk about them!  Does anyone have a copy of FAS?   :Smile
That's enough guys.  Stop.
In marriage counseling... bringing up carp that happened a bazillion years ago is not fair fighting.   Smileytongueout

Edited to add smartasp smiley face. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21