TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Censorship on Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
This reminds me of FAS  :Smile - and I am not really referring to bowlegged and co Icon_biggrin

Champ vs BFK, Vital vs ...., BBH vs...., MrO vs the World, EA vs TT, FAS vs GBB ....  :Smile

I actually like everyone (even xpp!!!), but I usually stay out of such fights... Angel1 

GROW UP PEOPLE!!!!!  :twistedevil:  And don't take things personally (there are few people around who don't really take fights seriously and actually make them fun, learn from it!).

It's such a wonderful day  Love4
I just know everyone wants to know MY stinky opinion...

Forums like TT, FAS, GBB, etc. can do as they please.  It is THEIR forum.  If I don't like the rules... I can go elsewhere. 
I would PREFER comments and such didn't get deleted, BUT they aren't my forums.
Forums at eBay, Amazon, etc. should live by set rules.
Quote:Forums like TT, FAS, GBB, etc. can do as they please.  It is THEIR forum.  If I don't like the rules... I can go elsewhere. 

Anita, that is all good IF the rules are spelled out, as I said in my OP. Big Grin

However, in this case, I actually read the rules. NO mention was made that disagreeing with an Admin wasn't allowedEdited to add: No mention was made that snarky comments weren't allowed either. Big Grin

And. if this is not allowed, then I DON'T want to be there. It is not a generally acceptable way to run a forum.  Smile

Btw, Vital slammed BBH and TT on the SB. She had slammed me numerous times. I asked her a simple question, and she edited it without notation or a pm. In my view, this IS wrong, I don't care whose forum it is (not hers anyway).

In case you are wondering, this was the question she deleted:

"Vital, so you only make negative remarks about BBH on the SB?"

Hardly terribly offensive, and, apparently the truth.
Quote:It's such a wonderful day  love4

Nice try, Diger. Big Grin

And, it is a lovely day regardless. Love4

Angel1

Edited to add:

What's FAS?? I know it's a forum, but why is it always mentioned in negative terms? ???
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4715.msg20544#msg20544 date=1155306623]

Edited to add:

What's FAS?? I know it's a forum, but why is it always mentioned in negative terms? ???
[/quote]

BBH and Amy used to post there.  They left in the Spring of 2005 when the admin banned their friend Sundance.  GBB and ecommercearena are FAS spinoffs.  Many of the moderators and administrators on both forums were moderators on FAS when it was censoring users posts in the Summer of 2005.

Poll: Most Censorship Happy OAI (Online Auction Industry) Forum
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...550.0.html
[quote author=regic link=topic=4715.msg20545#msg20545 date=1155308830]
[quote author=BellisimaJ. link=topic=4715.msg20544#msg20544 date=1155306623]

Edited to add:

[/quote]

BBH and Amy used to post there.  They left in the Spring of 2005 when the admin banned their friend Sundance.  GBB and ecommercearena are FAS spinoffs.  Many of the moderators and administrators on both forums were moderators on FAS when it was censoring users posts in the Summer of 2005.

Poll: Most Censorship Happy OAI (Online Auction Industry) Forum
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...550.0.html
[/quote]

Thank you, Regic. Smile
[quote author=WebGraphicsSource link=topic=4715.msg20501#msg20501 date=1155264582]
Quote:[quoteJ

Btw, now I fully understand why GBB has never had many members. My advice to Kirk would be to rid himself of the excess baggage in order to attract others.
Well I can say that in the last week I have had 32 memebers join Smile
[/quote]Or maybe because "Fearless Leader" needs a little more practice on the computer?

*Edited to hide my inability to spell.
Cranky- Yes, you are getting pretty annoying with those drinking smilies. STOPPIT!!!
Bell - I had the same problem with censorship, but talka bout turning a minor PITA into a multi-page thread!!! GETOVERIT!!!
BowYamahaFlyKissesLady - Quit fighting about fighting!!! You are instigating and you know it!!!
Diger - Crawl back to your cat house. You messed up my thing with smilies and ads. I'd ban your IP if I knew how the dernd thing works!!!
Regi - TT, ECA, & GBB are all Forks of FAS, not spinoffs. Any respectable Sys Admin would know that!
Anita - You are wrong. There is no place else to go because everybody uses the same basic open source forums with the default settings.
:blinkie:
Quote:Cranky- Yes, you are getting pretty annoying with those drinking smilies. STOPPIT!!!

Geez, Mr. O, you sound like you need a drink. Here, have one:
Occasion14

Laughing7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21