TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Care to review my new site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Quote:First of all, I always wondered why more Tulipers don't post their websites here. Are we afraid of being sabotaged by people who don't agree with our views expressed on these boards? Just curious.

The thought did cross my mind--but then I said, what the hell. Xppman has already been helping me via PMB, too.

Quote:I'm a big fan of good looking models. The sexier the better. I would hire a couple to model your shirts.

I will indeed do this.

Quote:The designs are mostly what will set you apart from other sellers, so they have to be front and center in a big way. The thumbnails are way too small. It takes two clicks to get to the biggest shot. Some people might not even be clicking the second time because they might not consider that an option. Even the biggest pictures you have aren't big enough, in my opinion.

Very well put. The consensus is that the thumbnails are too small, so I'll be working on making them bigger. Probably 100 x 100 or 130 x 130, at least.

I had been worried about people not taking the time to click a second time, or worse yet, not realizing that they can. Yahoo templates kind of force me to keep that cube size--so... I'm thinking Yahoo templates are NOT the way to go for this site, even if I have to redo everything.

Quote:Colored shirts are a must. Many people won't buy white or pay a reasonable price for it.

Thanks for your insight. I started with white because they were easy--but I do intend to add a bunch of other colors.

Quote:I used to be in the t-shirt business (airbrush and silkscreen) but it's quite a bit more competitive now than it used to be. There's a certain ambiance required to sell in a competitive market. I think that your site needs more of an edge to it. I can't exactly put my finger on it but everything, from the fonts to the logo, needs to make more of a statement. You need to identify who your potential customers are and gear it toward them. I don't think that the current look of your site matches your demographic.

You know what? You put into words what's been nagging at me since I first started to work on this project. There's no way for the Yahoo template system to give me the originality, character, and personality the site needs. The site really needs to stand up and be weird, or to stand up and be unique and quirky.

I need better branding and a REAL layout, not the cookie cutter templates. I was hoping to use templates because they're easier--but now i'm realizing they won't work.

I'll be working on this new design mockup and idea. I'll also be incorporating everyone's suggestions into it, including larger thumbnails, bigger pictures, more color choices, more search engine food and in-page meta tags, navigational changes, etc.

I also need to target my demographic more.

Quote:Those are a few of my immediate observations. I hope that you find them constructive.

Absolutely, completely, 100% helpful. You've made me finally realize that I need to ditch the templates and do something that has as much attitude as the products I'm trying to sell. Your personal expertise has been so much help, and has been so valuabe to me I can't even begin to thank you for it.
Quote:I think that your site needs more of an edge to it. I can't exactly put my finger on it but everything, from the fonts to the logo, needs to make more of a statement. You need to identify who your potential customers are and gear it toward them. I don't think that the current look of your site matches your demographic.

I agree with Bob. Unfortunately, I can't quite put my finger on it either.  Big Grin But I think I would play up the "art" aspect more.

I see that while I was slowly typing, you "got" it.  Laughing7
I just noticed that "Shipping Costs" and "Size Chart" in the bottom menu are hyperlinked to Yahoo's small business site.
I ran across a great Yahoo Stores forum last year when I was looking at Yahoo Stores. 

http://newforums.ystoretools.com/
http://www.ystoretools.com/

Quote:Are we afraid of being sabotaged by people who don't agree with our views expressed on these boards?

I don't want my customers to be turned off by what I say on a board.  I've never used my store or business name, or eBaY ID on any board.  Lol
Sorry I cut and run, thentavius.  I got interrupted by the HVAC dragon arriving at my front door....
Smile
Agreed with all the suggestions I have read above.  I think that what folks are trying to say is -- with a fun and exciting product, you could certainly use a fun and exciting design AND attitude to grab the interest of your *demographic*!

Also, with an orange pumpkin theme, why not use various shades of orange/rust colors?  accented with teal/turquoise and black (or extremely dark purple), and brilliant red and purple for excitement? The orange shade you have for your featured items on the home page is nice and easy on the eyes, easy to read.  I would actually consider ditching the 'menu' gold entirely.  Everybody uses some shade of gold, but practically NOBODY uses orange.
Smile
I'm jealous!  You are doing something that I have considered mannnnnnny times!

Glad to see you have included the brand name of the t-shirts.

My stinky comment would be... The shirts I looked at, it looks like the designs are too high up on the shirts.  Too close to the collar. 

Something a lot of t-shirt sellers don't offer is t-shirts with pockets.  Design on the back if needed for space.

PS  We are t-shirt JUNKIES at my house.  I put you in my favorites.

Quote:The shirts I looked at, it looks like the designs are too high up on the shirts.  Too close to the collar.

Yep! My son-in-law, who has been in screen printing for years, taught me that you should put the top of the design a hand-width (sideways, not up straight like a high 5) down from the lowest part of the neckline.

And I'm with Star on the colors. Orange is supposed to be "in" right now! Make it POP!  8)
[quote author=Anita link=topic=5449.msg27387#msg27387 date=1160694833]Something a lot of t-shirt sellers don't offer is t-shirts with pockets. [/quote]

Yes! I need pockets!
[quote author=landofsmiles link=topic=5449.msg27393#msg27393 date=1160696142]
[quote author=Anita link=topic=5449.msg27387#msg27387 date=1160694833]Something a lot of t-shirt sellers don't offer is t-shirts with pockets. [/quote]

Yes! I need pockets!
[/quote]

I need a hoodie.  Wink
Quote:I need better branding and a REAL layout, not the cookie cutter templates. I was hoping to use templates because they're easier--but now i'm realizing they won't work.

I've always hated the basic Yahoo Stores template. 

COMPLAINT  I clicked on shipping costs and was FORCED AGAINST MY WILL to sign in to Yahoo and then was taken to the Yahoo Small Business home page (same thing with the bottom size chart link).  :blinkie:

Support Tickets/FAQ:  Puke

Why pay?  You can get the same thing for free.  See ours (we replaced the knowledgebase on ours with a different FAQ):
http://www.tulipdomains.com/ticket/
free download (and demo w/built-in knowledgebase which is similar to what you're using): http://www.h2desk.com/pmos/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25