TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Care to review my new site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Belli, not sure. I may have to look into that in the future.

Still working on the more shoppable categories (not all products are assigned yet). I also altered the display of the category tree so that when you click on the general "T Shirts" category, the subcategories populate the nav bar.

Do you think there should be additional subcategories inside of the gender sections? I was thinking of maybe:

womens T Shirts - top
womens t shirts >> Fantasy Desgins
Womens tshirts >> Funny Stuff
Womens T Shirts >> Wiccan & Pagan

etc.

Quote:Do you think there should be additional subcategories inside of the gender sections? I was thinking of maybe:

womens T Shirts - top
womens t shirts >> Fantasy Desgins
Womens tshirts >> Funny Stuff
Womens T Shirts >> Wiccan & Pagan

If you will have a large amount of inventory in those categories, then yes...more subcats.
Quote:Do you think there should be additional subcategories inside of the gender sections? I was thinking of maybe:

You could do that--it wouldn't negatively impact shopability, IMO. It may even bring some sales you wouldn't otherwise have!
Thanks so much, guys. I really appreciate this.

Categories seem so simple--yet when you sit down and grapple with them, there are hundreds of ways to do them.

I'll have a top-level Clothing category once we have more styles of clothing available, and the mens, womens, childrens will be nested.
Quote:Thanks so much, guys. I really appreciate this.

You are very welcome!
Quote:Categories seem so simple--yet when you sit down and grapple with them, there are hundreds of ways to do them.

You are so right!! They are one of the biggest minor problems in merchandising! Tongue1
Did some more tweaking to the front page if anyone wants to critique.

I'll be adding subcats to the bigger, general categories and will also be adding some new themed categories. I liked the idea of the carnival themed areas, but they don't say enough about what's inside of them.

I like it but I have a question about the tickets category. I clicked on it because I was curious about what kind of tickets you would be selling on a t-shirt etc. site. But would it be better to just call it gift certificates? If I was just browsing for the fun of it I would click on it, as I did, out of curiosity but if I was actually looking for a gift certificate I probably wouldn't.
The Attractions and Tickets menu items should be bold.  Happy3

Thanks, guys! You're right. It *is* confusing.

I was hoping to do a weird carnival theme, but it's too confusing, I think?
Can someone try visiting my site right now?

I click and everything hangs. I hope customers aren't seeing this.

Please?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25