TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Care to review my new site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
The middle 8 digits of the credit card are sent to you in an email - that way you are not storing credit card numbers on your server.  All that is in the email is the order number and credit card numbers - so you're also not sending credit card numbers through unsecure email.
Thentavius Wrote:The mass upload helped a lot, but I still had to go in and repair the damage the upload did to apostrophes and certain characters.

:lol14n:

Smile

We're using Easy Populate Advanced (a paid mod, $55 per site).  It's is a huge improvement over the basic easy populate--10X faster, no errors, virtually everything can be bulk loaded, created, edited, and moved (including attributes, categories, meta tags). It can handle single upload files of 2000+ items compared to the regular version which required file splitting every 300 records.  Apostrophes work too.
http://www.zencartbuilder.com
Quote:maintain a wish list
To me that's right back to eBay's watch list.
DON'T WISH FOR THE ITEM YOU WANT.
(and put it on some list you will never remember later how
to go back to retrieve.... BUY IT NOW.  LOL

I use the wish list on Amazon all the time to store future purchases. Then I go in and buy things in batches.

[quote author=Jen link=topic=5449.msg27602#msg27602 date=1160854960]
The middle 8 digits of the credit card are sent to you in an email - that way you are not storing credit card numbers on your server.  All that is in the email is the order number and credit card numbers - so you're also not sending credit card numbers through unsecure email.
[/quote]
That's good to know.  Smile

==============

Wish lists may be all good.
I can see it at a site that sells multiple types of stuff I guess.
Amazon was a great example where one may see 6 books
but want's to wait till next payday to pick them up
or one knows one book is due out next month.

Or like your site. Mom buys two T's today but wants four
other shirts for some friends but she needs to find out their sizes and they are
not available at the moment to ask them. 

She can put it in her wish list. I guess.
AFTER she signs up.

Good example of the wish list but sill.
If I have to sign up for it I may just write it down on a list on my cork board at home
or decide I really didn't need that item anyway.  Sad
Quote:I guess that's great for the larger guys who are all automated.
But I send an e mail when the item is shipped.
A personal e mail at that. Can be a lot of extra work in the holiday rush
but that's all part of the personalize service

Our website and auction/venue emails have been 100% automated form emails for years.  ;D

Quote:The middle 8 digits of the credit card are sent to you in an email - that way you are not storing credit card numbers on your server.

It depends on the gateway.  With Authorize.net no part of the card numbers are emailed.  The last 4 numbers are available in our account on Authorize.net but we never see the other card numbers.  No part of the card number is stored on our server--the card data is deleted from our side after our server sends the info to the gateway. The customer never leaves our site during the authorization process (unlike Linkpoint Connect, etc. where the buyer is taken to the gateway to enter their info).

This is the only credit card info (besides billing address, buyer's name) we see in our emails:

Quote:Payment Method : American Express
Type : Authorization On‌ly

============== RESULTS ==============
Response : This transaction has been approved.
Authorization Code : 000000
Transaction ID : 0
Address Verification : AVS Not Applicable
I am so stupid. I asked if they installed Zen Cart at Tulip Hosting, and it says so right at the top of every friggin' page:

Quote:Free installation of CRELoaded, CubeCart, osCommerce, ZenCart, osCMax

*thwack*

Xppman--I realized I also use the wish list at Dick Blick for the same reason. I'll save up $200 worth of stuff and make a big purchase at once, every time--but I like to shop slowly and save up.

I guess the usefulness of a wish list is relative to the buyer's shopping style and to the type of products. Your site has a nice, straightforward selection and I wouldn't need a wish list to keep track of what I needed.
Quote:Our website and auction/venue emails have been 100% automated form emails for years. ;D

Well mine are identical drafts... all but the name...
but no automation.  :oops:
Is that a feature of these cart systems?

You got to remember... this is my first time using one...
so I'm a virgin.

I built my site I had before litterally from scratch.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5449.msg27611#msg27611 date=1160857205]
I am so stupid. I asked if they installed Zen Cart at Tulip Hosting, and it says so right at the top of every friggin' page:

Quote:Free installation of CRELoaded, CubeCart, osCommerce, ZenCart, osCMax

*thwack*

Xppman--I realized I also use the wish list at Dick Blick for the same reason. I'll save up $200 worth of stuff and make a big purchase at once, every time--but I like to shop slowly and save up.

I guess the usefulness of a wish list is relative to the buyer's shopping style and to the type of products. Your site has a nice, straightforward selection and I wouldn't need a wish list to keep track of what I needed.
[/quote]

;D at you ...says so right at the top of every friggin' page

I didn't know they did hosting till a couple of months ago  :Smile

Yea that's about what I'm trying to say too I guess.
usefulness of a wish list is relative to the buyer's shopping style.

I'm an impulse type buyer and if I don't get it when I see it
(and have the $$ for it). I don't buy. I usually talk myself out of some buys after thinking about it too, so my wish list would just be taking up server space.  ;D

That's the beauty of the net for all of us.IMO
So many different products,
styles, habbits and ways to go about all this... it truly is an assest
to marketing / sales and purchasing in this new age. 
You're right Amy - I was talking more about the type of credit card transaction that isn't processed immediately.  For example, you want to manually use a virtual terminal or something like that.  Thanks for clarifying  Hello
I want to hear MORE about automated e mails.
Can and does the cart systems do this?
Does it pull the buyers first name from the data base and send an e mail like this:
(If so PLEASE talk to me)

====

Hi ,
Nice to meet you.  :-)
We received your payment for you order.
Thank You for your payment.
We have your ship address and your order will be built and
shipped to you via US Postal PRIORITY MAIL.

We will send an e mail to you once your order has been shipped.
Please allow 10 to 14 days for delivery.
(Usually with-in 10 days but never more than 14)...

For more information about shipping,
insurance or other policies, please click below:
http://www.xppman.com/faq.html

If you still have questions please feel free to drop us a line.

Thanks Again For Your Order

Sincerely,
xppman king of socks
Please Tell All Your Friends About my Socks Too.
http://www.xppman.com

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25