TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Care to review my new site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
I'm working on an example illustration to share. You can let me know yay or nay. I'll post it alongside a real tee pic for comparison. Not done yet, though.

Quote:You dumped Yahoo Stores?
Yep.

Although I'm having a helluva time getting the domain switcheroo taken care of. They make it hard on purpose.

I'm going with a weird carnival theme (slightly weird, slightly poppy, kinda funny)--with jesters, etc.

That brings me to my next question. I'm thinking of decorating the different shop areas like parts of a weird amusement park--and I need more input on the parts of a park.

So far I have:

Tickets
Rides
Attractions
Midway Games
Concessions
Souvenirs
Masquerade

What am I missing?

I may also have an Ice Cream / Cotton Candy Vendor
Creepy backstage (LOL)
or individual rides like Tunnel of Love, Hall of Mirrors

It will serve as a way to divide product categories further.

[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5449.msg28010#msg28010 date=1161120029]

Although I'm having a helluva time getting the domain switcheroo taken care of. They make it hard on purpose.[/quote]

Check your name servers (DNS) in your Melbourne/Yahoo domain control panel.  I'm showing your domain currently using the nameservers ns25.worldnic.com, ns26.worldnic.com which is Network Solutions.  Icon_scratch  You should change your DNS in the Yahoo control panel to the Monster Commerce DNS servers which are

# PRIMARY HOST NAME: DNS1.MONSTERCOMMERCE.COM
PRIMARY HOST IP: 207.97.194.155
# SECONDARY HOST NAME: DNS2.MONSTERCOMMERCE.COM
SECONDARY HOST IP: 207.97.194.157
Thank you so much!

When I pull up http://www.plasticpumpkin.com, I'm seeing the monstercommerce construction page now. I wasn't seeing it yesterday. That's a good thing.

MC gave me the network solutions name servers for some reason. I guess because MC is owned by NS?

The suck thing is that I registered my domain for free with Yahoo, so they made it hard to change nameservers (never had that problem with other registrars). It's built-in to make you stay; they tell you they can't update the nameservers because your package is currently using it, etc.

Looks like it's working for now, at least. But I still have to fiddle with the MX records.
Quote:MC gave me the network solutions name servers for some reason. I guess because MC is owned by NS?

I'd forgotten that NS bought MonsterCommerce last year.  Smileyyellowbang
LOL. All these places are sneaking around buying stuff up.
I had similar problems just trying leave Yahoo website services.
They don't make it easy, that's for sure.
Kept my domain name w them cause it was
4.99 when due this summer, but will switch next summer.

Your site is still not comming up for me yet but it will.
When I pointed mine to TT is was up in less than 24 hours.  Smile
Is this site showing you a splash page from monster commerce?
OK, working on more illustrations.

Here are some prototypes. The actual image would be MUCH larger than these, so please keep that in mind.

[Image: yy.jpg]

[Image: cb.jpg]

vs.

[Image: yinyang_clouds.jpg]

[Image: cherryblossonsshirt1.jpg]

Keeping in mind, once again, that the images will be a LOT larger, so the cherry blossom branches will be much clearer on the illustrated versions.

I'm also thinking of doing some jester illustrations to pose as "models" (templates) like the illustrated shirt, with the actual shirt graphic on the illustrated model's shirt. I'll do some prototypes of those. Need to get out my drawing pad.
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5449.msg28025#msg28025 date=1161125214]
Is this site showing you a splash page from monster commerce?
[/quote]

Nada from New York on either my Cable or DSL connections.  Nada from San Diego (using Lynx on this server Smile ). Nada from Los Angeles (using Lynx on yet another of our servers. Big Grin ).
I see a "we are under construction - come back soon" with a Monster Commerce monster.

Hmm...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25