TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Care to review my new site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
We DO love you, thentavius.  :-* We really DO. 

Big Grin
[quote author=stardust link=topic=5449.msg27413#msg27413 date=1160701978]
We DO love you, thentavius.  :-* We really DO. 

Big Grin
[/quote]

If people didn't love him they'd lie and say "It's perfect.  You don't need to make any changes". Pointing out the problems to a site owner is much more constructive than lavishing praise. Smile 

It's perfect! You don't need to make any changes! Gen074
:Smile
Quote:COMPLAINT  I clicked on shipping costs and was FORCED AGAINST MY WILL to sign in to Yahoo and then was taken to the Yahoo Small Business home page (same thing with the bottom size chart link).

BLECCCHHH. See, this is why I showed it to you guys. That sucks. And is totally lame-o.

I think I'm moving it to Monster Commerce. They allow a full import from Yahoo Stores.  I know, my biggest downfall may well be my indecisiveness. LOL.
Quote:Also, with an orange pumpkin theme, why not use various shades of orange/rust colors?  accented with teal/turquoise and black (or extremely dark purple), and brilliant red and purple for excitement? The orange shade you have for your featured items on the home page is nice and easy on the eyes, easy to read.  I would actually consider ditching the 'menu' gold entirely.  Everybody uses some shade of gold, but practically NOBODY uses orange.

That's exactly the line I was thinking along. Orange with purple and silver, or Orange with purple and rust.

landofsmiles & BBH - I just realized I may be responsible for the weird size chart link. Whoops.

I most certainly do NOT like how the cart forces you to add multiple items by clicking back and forth. That sucks big time. That is unacceptable and I was unable to find a way to change it (there might be one, but I don't know yet).

I started working on the new prototype last night. I think I'm going to play up the artsy humor, rather than try to make it like Hot Topic. Maybe some weird jesters in orange and purple & funny pumpkins.

landofsmiles and others - I will adjust the logos down. No problem. I'll also try adding tees with pockets.

Tee's w pockets are great and ash or light gray is good too.

Side bar here:
I'm not sure why you went w the Yahoo Stores Small biz deal but
I imagine you have your reasons.

You know me if I can save a buck or three I'm doing it raw on my own.
I am really thankful to BBH, Regic and crew for showing me the way
of Zenness and oscworld.
Not so much for the cart itself but for the other cool features
that rotate items in and out and things like that.

Come back to a simpler more cost effective solution oh wise one...
come back and save $$ and have flexibility beyond your wildest dreams.

Oh and you heard from me on my other thoughts via PM... so you know I love ya man.  Wave 
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5449.msg27370#msg27370 date=1160687154]
Rho, fantastic suggestions. I'll work on that now. Brilliant.

Can I use this?

Quote:Plastic Pumpkin Designs offers funny, fantasy and art t-shirts and accessories. Our expanding inventory includes humorous tees, bags, totes, pouches, checkbook covers. Express yourself with unique, wearable art. Stock up today and take advantage of FREE SHIPPING for all qualified orders!

Absolutely, thentavius, all yours!

landofsmiles, I couldn't help but notice your closing comment that "some" of your businesses have had happier endings...some? Veddy intelstinghk.
Quote:FREE SHIPPING for all qualified orders!

Qualified is confusing.  Use a dollar amount.
intelstinghk ??

Are we by any chance using Anita's spell checker?  Laughing7
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25