TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Care to review my new site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
What's W3? 

So far, XCart is much better than anything else I've used. Some aspects of it are a little time consuming (similar to oscommerce), but in the end, it's far easier to work with than OSC and offers loads of functionality without having to spend $99 a month.

I'm really getting to know the template and webmaster mode systems. I still run into issues once in a while that I need to ask for help on, though (like the empty gutter, for example).

Oh yeah--when you said you see the vacant column, are you seeing it in FireFox as well, or only in IE?
list of html errors

Quote:the vacant column, are you seeing it in FireFox as well, or only in IE?

IE7 yes, FF 2 no
Thanks. Ok. Hmmm....
[quote author=thentavius link=topic=5449.msg38279#msg38279 date=1167256342]
What's W3? 

So far, XCart is much better than anything else I've used. Some aspects of it are a little time consuming (similar to oscommerce), but in the end, it's far easier to work with than OSC and offers loads of functionality without having to spend $99 a month.

I'm really getting to know the template and webmaster mode systems. I still run into issues once in a while that I need to ask for help on, though (like the empty gutter, for example).

[/quote]
Quote:What's W3?

See Regic's post---she pointed you to it (seems like I could have thought of that, duh on me!  Smileyyellowbang    )

Quote:Oh yeah--when you said you see the vacant column, are you seeing it in FireFox as well, or only in IE?

IE only. FF looks good. Smile

I am talking to the X-cart people now about customizing it for me. I may just go ahead and try it myself first.

This may or may not help: CSS changes in IE7

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...compat.asp
Reading through it now. Brilliant, huh? "if your site is broken..."  :Smile

The only thing is, it's showing up with a weird gutter in IE 6, so...
I like the new look.

Quote:it's showing up with a weird gutter in IE 6

That happened to me once too although my center table was pushed to the left not right.  I never did get it fixed.  :-[ 
Quote:The only thing is, it's showing up with a weird gutter in IE 6, so...

Chiming in...

Same "gutter" in IE7 for me... and FF 1.5 & 2.0 look fine.

Cheers

Thanks, guys. At least the error is consistent, and limited to IE.

I like the new look, too. I know the purple site may have been more campy, but I like the construction of this site. All of the necessary stuff is easy to find. I'll work on making the site even more campy, tweaking things here and there.

I suppose if the gutter gets stuck there forever, that's just the way it goes. LOL. It's not THAT awful... but the site looks so much better in FireFox...

I may ask on the X Cart forums, in case someone else has figured it out. Although I can't access the forums from this computer again today.  :Smile

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25