TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has he removed any of the bootleg DVD's yet? I'm too lazy to check Wink
Hi LOS  Wave
You mean the ones being sold by his moderator? I don't know, but they're all so righteous you'd think someone would have said something about that by now. After all, didn't they just reprimand a seller of handbags for selling supposed fakes?

New PSU rule: you must kiss Atomic Mall's ass and never question anything it does or make suggestions on how it could improve.  Failure to follow this rule will result in a public bashing by PSU boinktard mod El Ghetto

Elghetto Wrote:Read the second post here bookman. Some sites don't accept YOUR favorite payment method due to issues beyond YOUR control.

I always enjoy your latest theads TELLING site owners what YOU wish them to do  :Smile

Build YOUR own web site and allow US to pick it to pieces like you do so many others..........

http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-26...tml#265273

The above quote was made in response to a user who posted The site should add RME to it's list of things that sellers can accept!!!
Today's Laugh of the Day (from that same Atomic Mall/RevolutionMoneyExchange thread):

AM cheerleader 2Boys Wrote:I am all for giving options to buyers but RME is just not 'there' yet for me to push it big-time!
2Boys signature line on her post Wrote: Join Me @ RevolutionMoneyExchange for FREE Payment Processing

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
2Boys has no clue how often she makes a complete hypocrite of herself.

Both PSU mods are ignorant, which made them easily corruptible. They wouldn't know fairness if it bit them in the ass, but you get what you pay for and PSU mods work for free.

SF offered to moderate at PSU a few months back. He was denied. His solution? To copy PSU word for word and create his own site where he can control every thing. He doesn't have to run after spammers screaming in red, he can just terminate them himself. I would imagine the half-assed moderations of Elgato and DepTdawg drive him crazier than he all ready is which is probably why he spends more time at PSU than he does his own copycat site.

PSU is a conduit for PSU stores. It benefits the owner when Sellers get fed up with Alt sites that don't measure up and never will. Sites just like AM.

Happy 4th of July!
AtomicMall owner Wrote:If you'll review what's been posted so far, you'll find that I pointed out how iOffer has roughly 6x more items available than my site. [iOffer claims 31 million items, AtomicMall claims 5.2 million items] You'll also find that I adhere to the strict definition of the term "listing",

If he adheres to the strict definition of "listing" then he should know iOffer (8,068,712) has 45x more LISTINGS han AtomicMall (179,892).

45x more LISTINGS but only 6x more ITEMS.......somebody at AM has been filling the site with multiple quantities of cheap generic made in China cell phone accessories Confusedtolensmiley:

Tip for the boinktardinally challenged: type * in iOffer's search box to get the listing count

Quote: 8068712 items found for: *
from PSU, a comparison using Compete stats:
Quote:UNIQUE VISITORS JUNE xxx LISTINGS JULY !  xxxxxx  UNIQUE VISITORS PER LISTING
eCrater xxxxxxxxxxxx 1,504,315 xxxxxxxxxxx 2,110,000 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 0.71

AtomicMall xxxxxxxxxxxx 98,302xxxxxxxxxxxxx 182,700 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 0.54

Bonanzle xxxxxxxxxxxx 506,182 xxxxxxxxxxxx 2,130,000 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 0.24
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-26...tml#267033

From Kool-Aid Drinker PowerSeller
Quote:I prefer to look at Quantcast where we can at least get closer to accurate figures for some sites.

Let's indulge her and look at unique US visitors per listing using Quantcast stats :twistedevil:

Bidtopia 61,000 US people / 20.33 visitors per listing (3,000 listings)
Overstock Auctions 213,700 / 9.71
NaughtyBids 20,800 / 3.36 (6,000 listings)
eBay.com 59,600,000 / 2.09
RubyLane 742,200 / 2.05 (363,000 items)
Buy.com 3,000,000 / 1.28 (2.35 million listings)
---dead zone line--tumbleweeds a blowin'---------
AtomicMall 115,000 / 0.64
Ecrater 1,100,000 / 0.51
HiBidder 9,400 / 0.30
Marktard 12,000 / 0.24
WeBidz 30,800 / 0.20
--the "OMG the page counters on these sites were imported from Bidville" zone----
Wensy 12,400 / 0.13
MoPuppet 3,400 Happy001 / 0.12 (28,000 listings) <--proof that traffic exchanges don't work
ePier.com 24,600 / 0.115
Bonanzle 207,000 / 0.09
BluJay 41,200 / 0.07
YourHighBid 543 / 0.035

Miscellaneous ecommerce stats from sites you won't find on the PSU charts:
NewEggMall 583,000 listings
Classifieds.MySpace.com 550,000 US people (from Quantcast)
Etsy 2.4 million US people
Half.ebay.com 1.6 million US people
ShopIt.com 170,500 US people plus 5,000 MySpace users of its store app

...and more stats from sites not in the dead zone or PSU zone

edit  Confusedtolensmiley:

AM's top seller on his own website 81,100 / 3.42 (23,700 listings)

3.42 visitors per listing on his own site.........AM only gets 0.64 per listing

lesson learned: SKIP THE RINKY DINKS, GET A WEBSITE, BUT DON'T FILL IT WITH AFFILIATE ADS OR YOUR STATS WILL LOOK LIKE....

(unnamed affiliate ad filled baby site owned by AM cheerleader)  33 uniques / 0.49 visitors per listing

:imptongue:
2boys posting at PSU:
Quote:So - congratulations to me - I currently have 1,000 items listed on AM.

And - for the naysayers, here's my sales:

Storefront Views: 3,980
Item Page Views: 158,718
Average Views per Day: 495
Average Sale: $33.39
Largest Sale: $364.98
Sales to Listings Ratio (past year): 16%
Transactions: 125

I'll let you all figure the Sales $$ out - perhaps this will keep us focused on business and facts vs. personalities and innuendos. (A girl can dream, right?) 
Bolding mine:

No problem, that translates into $13 a day for a gross (I believe the net might be a negative number so I won't post my guess). That just makes me want to close down one of my Gold powerseller account and list list list at AM.  Puke

Let the Truth be Told
Quote:That just makes me want to close down one of my Gold powerseller account and list list list at AM.

If 2Boys sales figures weren't proof enough that AtomicMall is pound for pound the best sales venue on the planet, then the sales stats of 2 of its most vocal cheerleaders should definitely dispel the naysayers claims that the site is a waste of time.

Confusedarcasm1:

PS- 15 transactions in 10 months with 1,700 items listed.  That sell through rate makes Ray Romeo's eBay store look successful.

Patch- his 3 AM stores with 4,500 total listings have grossed a combined $7,711 since he opened them on AM last year...subtract the cost of merchandise and the value of the labor involved in spending countless hours listing 4,500 items and cheerleading endlessly on forums and second rate "news" sites and you're left with not enough to justify the effort

Quote:Store number 1

Storefront Views: 760 (298)
Item Page Views: 39,200 (6,917)
Average Views per Day: 228
Average Sale: $67.15 ($33.12)
Largest Sale: $243.94 [1018701]
45 Transactions, $3021.71 Total

Store Number 2

Storefront Views: 2,068 (298)
Item Page Views: 351,693 (6,917)
Average Views per Day: 1,119
Average Sale: $16.29 ($33.12)
Largest Sale: $129.94 [1003867]
163 Transactions, $2655.66 Total

Store Number 3

Storefront Views: 2,697 (298)
Item Page Views: 137,755 (6,917)
Average Views per Day: 429
Average Sale: $18.15 ($33.12)
Largest Sale: $168.99 [1003094]
112 Transactions, $2032.62 Total

---------------
Quote:ShopIt.com 170,500 US people plus 5,000 MySpace users of its store app

They also have store apps for AIM, Bebo, Facebook, Ning, and Hi5.  Their apps link to the seller's store on the Shop-it site.  I prefer NetCarnations approach of linking directly to the product page/shopping cart on your Zen Cart website or Etsy store.

It'll be interesting to see whether the ShopIt, NetCarnation, or SortPrice store apps are able to drive conversions...I have my doubts about whether the social networking sites themselves will ever be an effective sales channel.  They're good for branding purposes but ecommerce has yet to gain a foothold: MySpace and Facebook's Classified sections have been flops so far, and ecommerce widgets/apps have few users .
Quote:I prefer to look at Quantcast where we can at least get closer to accurate figures for some sites.
Quote:NewEggMall 583,000 listings

A. Quantcast is usually wildly inaccurate when it estimates traffic for sites that aren't Quantified.  Consider these numbers and tell me which one is the farthest off the mark when comparing AM and NEM:

Quantcast: AtomicMall 115,000 US visitors, NewEggMall 2,100
Compete: NEM 101,116 visitors, AM 98,302
Alexa: NEM Alexa rank 31,754/reach 0.00291%
         AM 90,131 rank/reach 0.00141%

B. Javascript tracking codes like Quantcast are just as easy to manipulate as toolbar based tracking services like Alexa and Compete.

Here's one way to manipulate Quantcast so one unique visitor appears to be several thousand unique visitors. 
A. Install the Firefox Better Privacy add-on and head over to Proxy.org
B. spend an hour daily at Proxy.org visiting site x from different proxies, clearing your cookies and LSO and flash cookies after every visit to site X
C. repeat daily

The unique visitor counts  tracked by web stats sites can also be inflated innocently: an individual who visits a site from work, home, and their cell phone is counted as 3 unique visitors, an AOL user with a dynamic IP who clears their cookies daily can be counted as multiple users, and the list goes on...

Of course, I'm probably wrong and the AtomicMall Quantcast fans who swear by its accuracy know far more about the accuracy of web stats programs than I do even though my web stats program has been listed in Hot Scripts  for 8 1/2 years.

edited to add 2 links to articles on the privacy implications of the LSO (flash cookies) used by Quantcast and others
http://privacychoice.wordpress.com/tag/flash-cookies/
http://privacychoice.wordpress.com/2009/...h-cookies/