TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[quote author=PowerSeller link=topic=18789.msg75171#msg75171 date=1252615916]
Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
[/quote]

Well there is no fear of that happening.  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001
She's oh so sad. Instead of hiding her head in shame until she can manage to actually sell on Atomic Mall, she parades her failed store all over the net.

Maybe all of that radiation that leaked over there has gotten to her head.

I can proudly say my forum is radiation free and shall remain so.
Quote:Quote from: PSU topic

We have a race for the second slot in Auction listing count. Will eBid be overtaken by Sept 30? Who will it be?

Quote from: PSU user

Atomic mall has to go very long......long way to reach no.2 spot.

Quote from: AtomicMikey

We actually wouldn't have that far to go if not for the no-dupe policy.

Atomic Mikey is living in a dreamworld.  :Smile

Google Product Search Wrote:Results 1 - 10 of about 1,808,910 for site:buy.com
Results 1 - 10 of about 1,611,455 for siteConfusedhop.com.
Results 1 - 10 of about 1,027,290 for site:underbid.com
Results 1 - 10 of about 922,559 for site:grabcart.com
Results 1 - 10 of about 362,302 for site:neweggmall.com
Results 1 - 10 of about 202,699 for siteConfusedtootsi.com
Results 1 - 10 of about 140,220 for site:atomicmall.com

Last but not least, the listing count for the largest 3P mall (enter * in the search box and look at the category counts) --approximately 48 million listings
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=se...lias%3Daps&field-keywords=%2A&x=13&y=18

Only one of those eight 3P general merchandise mall sites relies on seller forums and cheerleaders to market its site.  Can you guess which site it is? Smile

Smileykoolaid
While I have just went back to Atomic Mall, some of the accusations and innuendo are without merit. While Atomic Mall may not get you 40-50 sales a day for each seller, that is not the fault of the site. There are many reasons why this could happen. The post above me said something about product search in google, to me that represents nothing, what really counts is how much traffic is getting to your product, what I look at is how many times does Atomic Mall come up in a search of the site and how many times my site itself comes up and according to google search  Results 1 - 10 of about 927,000 for Atomic Mall  which I find good and will get better. As for my personal store front on AM, Mike has provided free of charge Google Analytics so I can see exactly where my traffic is coming from and what they are looking at. Many sites do not have this or they charge for it bundled in a package for sale. Additionally another factor I use in judging traffic is Quantcast,why? In order for Quantcast to work you have to put code into your site yourself and Atomic Mall has this code installed, there is no toolbar like Alexa and others which is flawed. The Quantcast code is also on my own personal website and is comes very close to matching what GA has concerning my traffic. In my opinion Atomic Mall is a very good and solid alternative to Ebay and others, but like anything else you have to work your own product line to get results.
[quote author=R and C Gifts link=topic=18789.msg75190#msg75190 date=1252953597]
While I have just went back to Atomic Mall, some of the accusations and innuendo are without merit. While Atomic Mall may not get you 40-50 sales a day for each seller, that is not the fault of the site. There are many reasons why this could happen. The post above me said something about product search in google, to me that represents nothing, what really counts is how much traffic is getting to your product, what I look at is how many times does Atomic Mall come up in a search of the site and how many times my site itself comes up and according to google search  Results 1 - 10 of about 927,000 for Atomic Mall  which I find good and will get better. As for my personal store front on AM, Mike has provided free of charge Google Analytics so I can see exactly where my traffic is coming from and what they are looking at. Many sites do not have this or they charge for it bundled in a package for sale. Additionally another factor I use in judging traffic is Quantcast,why? In order for Quantcast to work you have to put code into your site yourself and Atomic Mall has this code installed, there is no toolbar like Alexa and others which is flawed. The Quantcast code is also on my own personal website and is comes very close to matching what GA has concerning my traffic. In my opinion Atomic Mall is a very good and solid alternative to Ebay and others, but like anything else you have to work your own product line to get results.
[/quote]

Wow. That's simply amazing. You found over 9K returns when you searched for "AtomicMall" using Google?

How about items? Or don't you people sell cookie molds, Christmas ornaments, cell phones or cosmetics over there.

Do lots of AM items show up in a general search without using the term "AtomicMall"?

No.

But, if you're happy that searching for AtomicMall produces what you consider "...good and getting better." results that's all that really matters. 

I  hope you get your fill of the spam and kool-aid buffet! We know there's plenty!!

Spam4 Smileykoolaid
Leaving out the space yields more results.  I see 3,520,000 results in a Google search for "atomicmall".

My most recent Atomic Mall sale was for items that were only listed on the site for 12 days, and the buyer did come through Google search (not Google Products).
[quote author=R and C Gifts link=topic=18789.msg75190#msg75190 date=1252953597]
[/quote]

Perhaps you need to read the entire 25 page thread instead of picking a single flaw of Atomic Mall to defend. Even if I could have 40-50 sales daily there, I wouldn't touch the site. The owner is an arrogant, flaming, and spamming freelance programmer, who if he was really so good would be working for Google or Microsoft, and the few cheerleaders he has recruited from the site are well noted forum spammers who's existence on PSU is to flash their signature in as many site threads as possible. They were trained and indoctrinated by the dumbest "whiz" programmer on the planet who started the site on a low grade HostGator account with a shared SSL that only worked on a popup, not on the actual site where your information was stored.
An example of the spamming at other forums from AM Mike:
http://www.powersellersunite.com/about28522.html
From a member:
Quote:[size=14px]LOL!
  [img alt=Laughing]http://www.powersellersunite.com/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif[/img]
[/size]
http://www.powersellersunite.com/about25...tml#276690
This poster's last reply in this topic was on 6/25, but at least this member got the banner in there upon the announcement of another site's milestone.
He spams irrelevant keywords to Google. The first 4 Meta Tags for atomicmall.com:
Quote:auctions, auction, online auction, online auctions
The SEO description:
Quote:Atomic Mall is an auction alternative Marketplace Site...Bid low to get your next great deal...
There is nothing resembling an auction on Atomic Mall, therefore that is considered spamming search engines and will get your site banned. Ask BluJay's owner who had all kinds of problems with Google because of keyword "enhancements" to Google.
He also uses falsified feedback:
http://www.atomicmall.com/feedback.php?id=18155
This is the only eCommerce venue where you are rewarded for doing nothing. The couple times I was ripped off on a website I never returned for fear of something else shady. 20 customers can email a bad seller 5 times each, file disputes and chargebacks, and never return to a site for the same reason. Then, the seller keeps on trucking along on Atomicmall even though he is a deadbeat. The falsified "auto-feedback" is a fraud in itself, creating a false sense of reliability with sellers who have a hundred sales with no problems being reported to the site administrator, who could easily miss it from all his forum post updating emails. eBay doesn't. Amazon doesn't. Google doesn't. Why? It's dishonest and misleading.
But it's OK for Atomic Mall?

I think I will leave it there. That's enough reality about who you are really dealing with.
[quote author=PowerSeller link=topic=18789.msg75192#msg75192 date=1252968656]
Leaving out the space yields more results.  I see 3,520,000 results in a Google search for "atomicmall".

My most recent Atomic Mall sale was for items that were only listed on the site for 12 days, and the buyer did come through Google search (not Google Products).
[/quote]

http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=339716
MICHAEL JACKSON GREATEST HITS

Search Google, it's not in the first 10 pages.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=aQg&q=MICHAEL+JACKSON+GREATEST+HITS&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=622979
Arizona Cardinals Carpet Car Mats
Again, not in the first 10 pages:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=jB1&q=Arizona+Cardinals+Carpet+Car+Mats&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

The Google Exposure stuff may work sometimes if someone searches an exact match to an AM listing title (1% of the time) but when you try to use a standard set of keywords, AM falls far short of everyone else.

I get just as much exposure from Google as anyone else. I just happen to have a secure checkout page without a popup shopping cart.

Try a Google Search with the autofill (popular searches) enabled. See how many letters you get out in "atomicmall" or "atomic mall" before you see your completed search in the auto-fill window, and that's how many non AM sellers search for those keywords. Happy001
Quote: While Atomic Mall may not get you 40-50 sales a day for each seller,
R Wrote:Joined 8/29/08.
8 rated transactions
23 unrated transactions

PS Wrote:Joined 9/8/08
9 rated transactions
11 unrated transactions

It might not even get you 3 sales per month.  

2 to 3 monthly sales has been the norm for sellers on any midget alternative site over the past 10 years. Even Ewaey  Laughing7

Quote: what really counts is how much traffic is getting to your product

What really counts is how much of the traffic you can convert to buyers.  If only 2 to 3 visitors monthly are being converted to buyers the site isn't very effective.

Quote:... that is not the fault of the site

Low conversion rates are partially the fault of the site.  Sellers aren't responsible for AM's browser compatibility problems.  Sellers aren't responsible for AM banning the IPs of potential buyers.  Sellers aren't responsible for AM not advertising to buyers.