TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AtomicMall Wrote:Changed the SPA metric "Sell-thru Rate" to a more accurate term: "Sales to Listings Ratio". This figure represents the # of successful sales completed over the past year divided by your current # of active listings. Ex: If you currently have 100 listings, and you've made 25 sales over the past year, your SLR is 25%.

Ummm, newsflash...your new SLR is almost as useless and inaccurate as the inflated 319% STR it replaced.  If one of the components is "sales over the past year" then it follows that the other component of a "sales-to-listings ratio" should be "total listings over the past year" not "current listings" :Smile

If seller abc sold 10 items during the past year, listed 1000 listings during the past year, but currently only has 100 listings, the 10% SLR that results from AM's latest flawed formula paints a completely different picture to prospective users than the truth...which is 99% of seller ABC's listings never sold after being listed on AM and the seller was forced to bundle 900 of them in a bulk lot on Craigslist which sold at 10% of its value so he could pay the rent. Confusedtolensmiley:
[quote author=Cuff link=topic=18789.msg74559#msg74559 date=1246570079]
Wow! Look at all the smilies!  Headbang 
Did anyone notice that punk hacker .\ike removed the 550 EMPTY Stores he was including in his Store directory before Discount925 caught him pumping his numbers?
[/quote]

Well...Well...Well...
Look who made it over to TT!!!
When did you get here CUFF? LOL
Nice to see you again Confusedtolensmiley:
You can speak you mind over here as long as
it is factual, they won't censor you.
Hey Nikki!  Toothy1  boo
I don't mind being censored as long as the censorship is equally distributed.  Icon_salut
Here's one way to manipulate Quantcast so one unique visitor appears to be several thousand unique visitors.  A. Install the Firefox Better Privacy add-on and head over to Proxy.orgB. spend an hour daily at Proxy.org visiting site x from different proxies, clearing your cookies and LSO and flash cookies after every visit to site XC. repeat daily

Now, I understand why he chose Firefox...
Not when you actually list on both sites and observe the difference!! I had one item that received TWO visits on iOffer while receiving almost 700 on Atomic Mall. It was actually listed on iOffer longer. edit: Ok, here's another great example ~ Only FOUR hits on iOffer since 10-14-08! http://www.ioffer.com/i/77671356 785 hits on Atomic Mall since September of '08 http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=29617

Each time I clicked on the AM listing the click was counted as a separate visit. When I did the same thing at iOffer my multiple clicks were counted as one visit. I envision a program running 24/7 that does nothing but click items in Sellers booths.  Laughing7  What a punk!
Quote:I envision a program running 24/7 that does nothing but click items in Sellers booths

I envision her sitting at her computer for 2 hours hitting the browser refresh button 700 times before she posted her AM/iOffer comparison.

I hit the refresh button 12 times and the counter went from 798 to 810.

AM's page counter stats are meaningless.
I envision her sitting at her computer for 2 hours hitting the browser refresh button 700 times before she posted her AM/iOffer comparison.

;D
[quote author=Nikkicute link=topic=18789.msg74637#msg74637 date=1247486602]
You can speak you mind over here as long as
it is factual, they won't censor you.
[/quote]

I have used the purple-card. For those who wonder, it's at the top right of a post. It is there to point out to the moderators any infraction of the rules.

I have used the purple-card with the stuffed teddy bear - AND about 100+ other users in 4 years. The rules are pretty clear; if they are broken, there should be consequences.

I am grown up.

I am not purple-carded here as I do not break the rules.  I do not call names , nor do I troll ... - purple cards are typically awarded for breaking the rules.

:twistedevil:

Hey now, whoever created that poll needs to change it. I can't figure out which one to place my vote for, they are all just so close!
The spammer king of Alex.
Mo, the "Troll Spray" spammer.
And Mike, the overblown wannabe rinky dink. <--- Although, at least he can write a code instead of reselling previously contracted stat cheater "sheep" mods.
Mike may be okay at writing code, but he's unprofessional. If he was smart he'd let his flying monkeys lead the charge and stay out of board disagreements. Unfortunately, he has no common sense and damages AM nearly every time he posts.