TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In case you missed it, here's Feb feedback for their Top Seller and Claim to Fame!

[table][tr][td][Image: fbneg.gif]  20 days and no item, no communication. NEVER AGAIN!             
[Image: fbpos.gif] Paid w/ AMEX but got email: charge is via PayPal.  I don't want PayPal or to be charged twice!!
[Image: fbpos.gif] Fast Shipping, Product exactly as described, pleasure doing business with you
[Image: fbpos.gif]  I still do not have the battery, when did the order ship?? rappahannock1cox.net
[Image: fbpos.gif]Good job, fast shipping, excellent fit... Satisfied! 
[Image: fbpos.gif]  when will this ship? ??? 
[/td][/tr][/table]
failure to worship at AM owner's feet leads to banning Wrote:I have just been banned from Atomic Mall - (not a complaint - quite happy to get my funds returned).

The reason?
There is a thread over there from some that want Atomic Mall to be disassociated with PSU.
It was over the so called ''April Fool'' hoax with their listings.
I gave my opinion - that I thought it was purely a marketing ploy (appears that quite a lot of people joined early April).
To be honest, I only heard about them when their name suddenly appeared at the top of the table - so their ploy worked.

Moderators and, from what I was told, the site owner, told me to retract the statement about it being a ploy, and also an apology for asking if the owner was related to Mr Donahue. If i didnt retract it and apologise, I would be thrown out. Sounds a bit like the Q and A with bully boy tactics.

I refused to apologise or rectract it.

I copied the full thread before I left, very amusing.

They are certainly very ''Ebayesque'' (if that isnt a real word - it is now!)

So moral of this is - agree with whatever they say in their forums - or you will get bombed out.

http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-25...tml#251010
AtomicMall cheerleader Wrote:Wow, M&H. Please forgive me if I'm misinterpreting your posts, but my perception of your negativity really bums me out.

AM is a warm and fuzzy place with supportive sellers who find positive ways to promote the site and get buyers to come here, and who are also friends. This tone is kind of dampening the mood and not very productive for any of us.
http://atomicmall.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1652&page=3#17456

I had to order a new supply of WP Pee Pee No Nos when I read the warm and fuzzy quote. :blinkie: Happy001

AtomicMall's owner to seller Wrote:thank you for at least confirming my suspicion that the real reason for your account was to martyr yourself and use it to stir up controversy.

At least we don't need to debate that issue. It's pretty clear by now which site you're supporting and which one you have a vendetta against.

Isn't it?
http://www.powersellersunite.com/about26...sc-15.html

The only 2 things that are clear are:

1. Little Mikey is jealous of Bonanzle's (relative) success
2. Little Mikey and his devotees/mods PSU/AM forum antics are reminiscent of Ray Romeo and the WP1 Popper faithful on FAS
AtomicMall Wrote:thank you for at least confirming my suspicion that the real reason for your account was to martyr yourself and use it to stir up controversy.

At least we don't need to debate that issue. It's pretty clear by now which site you're supporting
AtomicMall Wrote:I do have a problem with being directly accused of lying in front of my own members, and people using my site's resources to further their own hidden agendas.

I think it's finally time to reveal the hidden agenda that has been the motivation for every single post I've made on TT over the past 4 years...TT will be launching its own auction site in May!!!!!  We will be bigger than Ewaey!!! 

[Image: trollbid.gif]

Visit our blog for photos of our just launched national advertising campaign on public restroom walls!!!!  Join our street team and help us get the word out by pasting flyers and stickers on truck stop urinals!
Count me in!  Notworthy
Where's the early registration page?
Can I go ahead and get a jumpstart on the first listing contest?
Happy001
[Image: am-banner-bigdeal.png]

Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

Just saw this banner. Wow.
With all the hype over big deal sites like Atomic Mall, I can't seem to find anything but criticism by PSU cheerleaders in a marketplace like Overstock Auctions, who delivers 4 unique visitors for every auction listing and apparently now has a 10 day total site sell through rate higher than eBay.
Here is a great example:
http://auctions.overstock.com/cgi-bin/au...AGE=SEARCH&TYPE=4&BYSELL=missyd
10 items, 5 bids.
Seems to me that small sellers would rather pay fees to sell a few things here and there, than let them sit for years on these "big deal" sites.
Oh, that's right! They don't have a shiny Proboards forum like Atomic Mall!
Big Grin
http://onlinesellersunited.com/viewtopic.php?t=443&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Quote:Stats Show Atomic Mall outselling eBay

Woke up to another 3 transactions today....that's a total of 12 in the last 3 days (I think about 22 unique items)....

It's official, Atomic Mall is a better deal than eBay. I have only sold 3 unique items on eBay in the last 3 days. Granted, I have 8 times more items in my 2 AM accounts than I do in my eBay store but I dont pay fees while waiting for the right buyers to come along like I would be doing on eBay.

If I had these same 3700 items on eBay I would be paying over 100 dollars a month just for listing fees plus another 16 dollars for the store itself and I would be getting great expsoure anyway since these are store items....even so, while I would probably get more sales on eBay what I paid in store, listing and FVF fees would probably make my profit margin about the same with more work on packing and shipping.

OK Boinktard, doesn't that mean that you would have sold at least 24 items on eBay if you had listed the 8x inventory you have at Atomic Mall? And that cuts your profits how?
Rinky Dink education time.
12 sales with low fees = more profit per item
24 sales with higher fees = more profit in your pocket
High Volume  =  More money
Low Volume  =  Less Money
When you sell 1/2 as much at 15% more profit, you make less money. That's why businesses give volume discounts. They can mark stuff down 15%, sell you twice as much, and make a lot more money. Writers for Entrepreneur Magazine with MBA's, not the "Examiner" with MRDK (Master's of Rinky Dink Koolaid) will tell you that any day.

This is coming from a seller who still hasn't shut down... or secured... his Patch Auctions site that "closed" months ago, yet aligns himself with the most critical forum moderator of non-SSL auction sites.
Sales are booming on AM.  Sellers on sites with great SEO like WP only get $149 sales but on AM they get $800 sales!

Quote:[size=14px]Yeah, I just got an $800. sale on Atomic Mall.  So the posters who want to feel superior for not using the site can go ahead and do that if it makes them feel good.  It's no skin off my nose[/size][size=14px][/size]
[size=14px]
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-26...tml#261241

Sales are great on AM, so I must have just imagined the feed
[/size][size=14px]back profile that shows a scant 5 rated transactions and 10 unrated transactions in 9 months.[/size]
[size=14px]..several of which are either as a buyer or to/from AM/AM's owner[/size]  I must have also imagined that seller's "top sellers" list which shows sale prices from $1.73-$37.61...a far cry from the $800 sales that sellers can expect on AM.

Confusedarcasm1:

15 transactions with 1,700 listings in 9 months on AM.  Wagglepop Ray's 1.75% eBay sell through rate is suddenly looking great.
Yeah, I just got an $800,000* sale on eBay.  So the posters who want to feel superior for not using the site can go ahead and do that if it makes them feel good.  It's no skin off my blue shark nose

*a grilled (Limburger) cheese sandwich with the likenesses of the Virgin Mary, Buddha, Mohammed, Britney Spears (bald), and Alfred E. Neuman.  745 bidders bid for the miraculous sandwich!

edit:

Quote:[size=14px]5 rated transactions and 10 unrated transactions in 9 months[/size]
[size=14px]

I thought the van down by the river that I saw this morning was hers.  This confirms it!
[/size]
Confusedtolensmiley:
Quote:                  Yeah, I just got an $800,000* sale on eBay.  So the posters who want to feel superior for not using the site can go ahead and do that if it makes them feel good.  It's no skin off my blue shark nose

Actually, I like dealing with superior sites that actually engage in ethical practices.
My reasons for feeling "superior" have to do with:
1. The fact that the site's founder was dumb enough to try a hostgator shared SSL in the beginning (I would have felt superior about NO SSL)
2. The superior members of Atomic Mall are the biggest spammers on PSU. Then, they attack any thread mentioning them in a less than superior light or painting the far more successful Bonanzle as a more viable alternative to the rinky dinks, but it's all Bonanzle's fault.
3. The site has a superior auto-feedback system from buyers, when I can estimate by checking any seller's feedback only 10% of the members did more than checkout with Google or Paypal one time and get an automatically assigned account with the callback. If a buyer never returns, why assume they were satisfied? A really satisfied customer would return at least to check if their ID worked.
4. A demonstration of the superior Google exposure that AM members (especially a certain koolaid drunken cheerleader) rave about.
A Google search for "Boutique of Baby Treasures" produces results in order:
    1 Wagglepop

2  boutiqueofbabytreasures
.com (Wow, who would have thunk it after everyone here told her last year?)
    3  Atomic Mall
    4  Ecrater
    5  Every Place I Sell
    6  Squidoo
    7  eBay

That's some
superior SEO to rank below a website with less than 200 pages indexed.

5. The 15 transactions in 8 months that this same cheerleader raves about, with a few of them as a buyer. Can't make
superior phantom sales claims with that "Unrated Transaction" count anymore.

6. The Online Sellers United forum plagiarist
superior founder supports it.

7. Atomic Mall supports the following sellers of fake, pirate, or infringing products while the
superior site admin spends his time at PSU bashing and blue carding members who point out #1-6.
http://www.atomicmall.com/seller.php?id=24602
http://www.atomicmall.com/seller.php?id=13348&stc=SGFuZGJhZ3M=&vu=sc#cat
http://www.atomicmall.com/seller.php?id=19856
http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=453199 (Even using the photo's copied from the China fake manufacturer's wholesale site)
These 4 took me 5 minutes to find, and 3 minutes to report to the MPAA, RIAA and Coach. I'll report to Apple after posting.
That's the same time it takes to make 4 posts, and 3 blue cards on PSU Boinktard. Maybe you should run your site a little more and pass out cards at PSU a little less, and maybe your site won't go the Wagglin' Way later on?

The Online Sellers United forum plagiarist superior founder supports it.
Oops, already said that one. Maybe it needed to be repeated.
The
superior Mods and Admin of this OSU forum plagiarized PSU to the letter, then changed and denied it. During that time, they all praised superior Atomic Mall with it's founder and a few other superior cheerleaders, who also registered on an obviously superior plagiarized site.

9. The fact that in 9 months, this
superior programmer can't figure out how to migrate his superior proboards forum to his own site.

Sorry, I feel I have superior ethical standards as to associate myself with this moron's site.
I also prefer to deal with folks who direct sellers to
superior places where they can actually make money, not just be forum junkies.

EDITED to change:
URL for the Coach purses. The item number changed.

Edited to add:
If the item number changed from a fake Coach purse to a Cell Phone charger, then that's probably why PS has her site with 200 pages ranking higher than her new "Best SEO" site.