TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PSU thread title Wrote:Buyers are finding the "unusual" at Atomic Mall  

Here's an example of the "unusual" items you can find at AtomicMall

AtomicMall listing Wrote:  Motorola T720 Cell Phone Unlocked/used/like New Found at Bus Stop      I found it at a bus stop and by the time I figured out how to find the saved numbers to try to find the owner the battery went dead. ....

I can imagine the seller's next listing:  "I was walking by the loading dock and a crate of DVD players fell off the back of the truck and by the time I figured out where the warehouse office was so I could return the crate the office had closed for the day...  :Smile

[quote author=regic link=topic=18789.msg75040#msg75040 date=1251644769]
PSU thread title Wrote:              Buyers are finding the "unusual" at Atomic Mall       

Here's an example of the "unusual" items you can find at AtomicMall

AtomicMall listing Wrote:  Motorola T720 Cell Phone Unlocked/used/like New Found at Bus Stop      I found it at a bus stop and by the time I figured out how to find the saved numbers to try to find the owner the battery went dead. ....

I can imagine the seller's next listing:  "I was walking by the loading dock and a crate of DVD players fell off the back of the truck and by the time I figured out where the warehouse office was so I could return the crate the office had closed for the day...  :Smile
[/quote]

Why is that unusual???  I was shopping at a national chain store's website today and they had several similar listings
VVal-Mart.com Wrote:Diamond Ring found in store restroom

Confusedtolensmiley: Confusedtolensmiley: Confusedtolensmiley:
Miketard is trying super hard to block people from his site. Took me two clicks instead on one this time. WTG Mikey!

Oh how ironic
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=28&d=1251649158]
[quote author=LittleOnlineStore link=topic=18789.msg75042#msg75042 date=1251646759]
Miketard is trying super hard to block people from his site. Took me two clicks instead on one this time. WTG Mikey!

Oh how ironic
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=28&d=1251649158]
[/quote]

It would be hilarious if he blocks everyone clicking through to AM from the link I posted because the referrering URL in his logs for clickthroughs from that link will be google.com/product_url?.... not tuliptools.com/index.php/topic,... If he wants to start blocking visitors from Google Product search let him. Confusedtolensmiley:

What's really sad is that instead of fixing his site and making sure that the products on Atomic Mall follow Google's TOS, he chooses to simply block those that point out his site's issues.

Instead of spamming boards, his people should be looking over the newly listed items. Instead, they are spamming and misbehaving. Then when stuff gets listed they blame everyone but themselves.

Their paranoia and conspiracy is nothing more than their lack of site control and neglect.
Quote:The next owner will likely be a domain buyer at SEDO or Afternic rather than another rinky dink operator at PSU.

I'm sure there are a lot of companies that would love to get their hands on that name...including Amazon for use with its Webstore by Amazon service.  If anyone buys the name I'm sure their first order of business will be to post an "auction site closing" notice.

Quote:Miketard is trying super hard to block people from his site.

Do you think eBay and PayPal have people sitting around blocking the IPs of potential buyers from their sites solely because the buyers followed a link on a post or article on paypalsucks.com or any of the thousands of other sites that are critical of eBay?  I don't.  Mikey's reaction to criticism is one of the reasons his site isn't currently a viable alternative.

AM listing Wrote:I found it at a bus stop and by the time I figured out how to find the saved numbers to try to find the owner the battery went dead
ASs listing Wrote:Salt and pepper shaker set, most likely gently used

Most likely used?  If a seller's listing description states they don't know anything about the product they're selling the odds of anyone buying it are slim.

The lack of professionalism exhibited by the above 2 listings - a lack of professionalism which is displayed in thousands of other rinky dink listings, is a primary reason why many sellers are lucky to get 1-2 sales per month. 

The reason for the slow sales that El Ghetto and some other sellers complain about isn't because of the economy, or eBay trying to destroy them, or the kiddies not being in school, it's because the sellers business/marketing skills are on a par with what you'd expect from the average 7 year old lemonade stand owner.
[quote author=mandy link=topic=18789.msg75038#msg75038 date=1251635035]
9:48 PM PST Wrote:17,956 listings

Their "warehouse" staff is working overtime listing.  They've added another 10,500 in the 8 hours since Sneaky posted those stats. Lol[/quote]

32,358 overpriced DVDs!  Webstore's padder makes the AQ/ASS padder look like an amateur. :Smile
Quote:32,358 overpriced DVDs!  Webstore's padder makes the AQ/ASS padder look like an amateur. [img alt=:Smile]http://Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/rolleyes.gif[/img]
36,974. Maybe MoRay's "bookz" ID needs to take a peek over there to see how this guy is doing it so quick. They've had over a year to pad theirs with "bookz" and Webstore has already doubled it in 2 weeks.  Notworthy
elgato PSU SCUM Wrote:

Don't feel bad about EC.
I've not had any sales online on most of the smaller alternavites except Plunderhere, bluejay, Alsoshop and my own online store (elgatosden) lately.

Perhaps once summer ends, kids go back to school and mom's start shopping online again we as online sellers will have a bit better sales.

Now might be the time to build inventory on the alterantives and prepare to market heavily BEFORE the online holiday shopping season starts. Big Grin

ALSOSHOP!!!!!!!!!!

No wonder why her  Dink butt can get away with murder on that site... lol

http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewtop...700#270677
Nah, Elgato has a long history of protecting a select few women from criticism, like Mo, while allowing other women to be sexually harassed, insulted, slandered, degraded, discriminated, and humiliated.
Start reading right about here:
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...l#msg68152