TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OMG...to see the feedback, you have to click on the tiny little number 7 by the store logo. Ugh.

I'm sure there were more sales, however, if there were 369 sales, that's still pretty sad feedback.

Oh, BTW, their "Reliable Source" is Mike.
369 sales... Amazing conversion rate. All other businesses should follow his methods of selling the same exact products at higher prices on slow a$$ draggin sites. There have been 1287 total store hits, 369 sales. That's a higher conversion rate than Amazon or eBay has.
Quote:There have been 1287 total store hits, 369 sales. That's a higher conversion rate than Amazon or eBay has.

If the numbers are true, the only store with a higher conversion rate is ProFlowers.   The ecommerce average is 2.1% - the average for electronics (for example, cellphone accessories) sellers is 0.5%

Quote: almost one-third (30.6%) of all visitors to ProFlowers.com made a purchase — the highest conversion percentage among all retail websites, according to Nielsen.

Metrostyle (23.6% conversion rate), QVC (21.6% conversion rate), Office Depot (21.6% conversion rate), L.L. Bean (21.5% conversion rate), Tickets.com (20.1% conversion rate), Blair.com (18.9% conversion rate), Lands End (18.4% conversion rate), 1800flowers.com (17.8% conversion rate), and The Sportsman’s Guide (16.8% conversion rate) rounded out the top ten.

http://blog.nielsen.com/nielsenwire/cons...ion-rates/

Quote:Type of site Conversion rate
Catalog 5.8%
Software 3.9%
Fashion and Apparel 2.3%
Specialty 1.7%
Electronics 0.50%
Outdoor and Sports 0.40%
http://www.invesp.com/blog/sales-marketi...rages.html

edit:
Quote:All other businesses should follow his methods of selling the same exact products at higher prices on slow a$$ draggin sites.

slow a$$ draggin sites that receive 30% less traffic than their own business's website

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/atomicm...?metric=uv
I just found this gem!
http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewtopic.php?t=24190&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=45#225301

Quote:That would be incorrect. In fact I've gone to great lengths to ensure that illegal items do not get listed at our site, including but not limited to instituting an instant "flagging" system whereby any of our charter members can immediately delist an item they feel is in violation of our terms of service. The item is then inspected and either deleted permanently or reinstated based on our later evaluation. A good number of listings have already been deleted using this tool. I personally scan the site on a daily basis to identify other infractions. As these items are brought to our attention or identified through our own internal searches, they are dealt with promptly, but obviously we can't intercept every single violation prior to listing. I don't believe any marketplace site can, but we do our level best.
  Atomic Mall will not become a clearing house for fake and knockoff goods as long as I'm in control. I've made this comment and similar ones more than once in our forums, if you care to check the post history there.

Must have missed these since November...
http://www.atomicmall.com/search.php?q=tiffany&catonly=SmV3ZWxyeQ%3D%3D
Or this?
http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?id=150876
Better catch these listed today from a July member...
http://www.atomicmall.com/cat.php?seller=10166&id=movies--tv

And that's what I found in just 2 minutes. Great lengths!  Happy001
Icon_silent
xwpopper, if you will give me the reason to pull these, I can see if it can be done....
#1 - Because Tiffany does not allow ANYONE to sell their merchandise, even secondhand, unless they are an authorized dealer. I don't know many small sellers who go through their verification and would demand to see it before it is listed. Otherwise, the lawsuit happy Tiffany and CO may be targeting small sites like AM.
#2 - The second was a "Family Guy" series DVD Set from China, but is now changed to a Hanukkah candlestick.
#3 - Dozens of pirated TV shows from China. Anything, movies, software, jewelry, clothing, shipped as EMS CGlobal Express is probably coming from Asia. Second, just because they are movies, no studio releases copyrighted DVD's in any format that will play in every region. Any copyrighted film on non-region DVD always means they are illegal copies.

What's really bad is I have to give these reasons to an AM member. The AM owner should know, but he just built a site and had no knowledge of the workings of eBay, including what can and cannot be legally sold... He has to rely on members to do it for him? That, in a nutshell, is why I can't stand these sites. They may have a halfway skilled programmer, but that doesn't mean jack when it comes to ecommerce. I'd trust sites run by former sellers like Bidtopia or sites like Overstock with real business sense. Not these half brain rinky dink site owners.
Save up to 60% on your next scion parts Purchase.
I wonder how Tiffany & Co can require even second hand sellers to be authorized? I can understand requiring proof that the bag is real. Maybe handbags are like liquor and sellers will soon need a license to sell them.
[quote author=LittleOnlineStore link=topic=18789.msg74030#msg74030 date=1234235244]
I wonder how Tiffany & Co can require even second hand sellers to be authorized? I can understand requiring proof that the bag is real. Maybe handbags are like liquor and sellers will soon need a license to sell them.
[/quote]
I think it is just because they don't want anyone making money on their trademark illegally. I am sure that if they sued you and you could prove it was authentic, the lawsuit would be dropped, but it's much cheaper just to try to block sales by anyone unlicensed. Kind of like they way JCPenney, Dillards, and Parisian can carry a couple exclusive brands, and the "Very Sexy" trademark fragrance must be sold by an authorized Victoria's Secret retailer. It's their trademarks and copyrights, and if they want it blocked for anyone but someone authorized I can see it. But as many fakes as there are online today it's not a bad idea for designer companies to only allow those approved vendors. Some overseas designers have actually made all online sales by others invalid and illegal in international courts, but they will offer an affiliate program for their own business site.
LOL....my post looks like Tiffany & Co sell handbags...LOL

Good thing I don't sell anything designer. I wouldn't know the real thing from a $2 knock off.

Out here in nowhere, Minnesota, buying designer is a waste of money as no one would know, which would defeat the purpose.

I think that's what site owners forget though. If anyone's going to get into trouble, it will be them for allowing the items on their site. I don't think the owners stating that they didn't know the items were there, or that the other sellers were responsible for reporting the items will work.