TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So AM members are actually joining other sites, so they can spam forums. If that isn't sad.

It's like they are some Atomic Mall gang that is trying to bully other sellers.

Still nothing pulled that I said earlier and it has been a week. I thought an Atomic Cheerleader was going to see what could be done... If the owner really gave a crap about his site's reputation he would send them back to IOffer. All site owners should read sites like Tuliptools to see the negative too. All businesses see critics as crucial to their business model because they show all the negatives, but that's why rinky dink site owners can't be classified as businesses. They each make the determination to call critics "trolls" and never pay attention to what is being said, which would save their "business" from failure as 90% seem to reach.

Examples of past historical "trolls"
1. Apple calling MSDOS horribly challenging to use for nearly all computer buyers. Enter Windows.
2. Lee Iacocca calling the Toyota a junk Japanese car in the 70's.
3. K-Mart saying Wal-Mart's products were junk in the 80's.
Maybe these site owners need to read about what happened when these companies listened to "Troll" talk.
Oh, wait... it can never happen. When 1 out of 10 actually ran a successful eBay business, that says it all.
All I know is that I no longer have any sympathy for P.S.

She is just an antagonizer....100%

Now, I know her game, and it has nothing to do with really believing in a site. All it has to do with is attention whether good or bad.

She just tries to manipulate posters into playing her game.
OMFG, Yahoo Auctions (77,500 visitors) received more traffic in January than AtomicMall (71,255) and it's been closed for 2 years. :blinkie: Happy001

OMdoubleFG Yahoo Auctions' traffic is growing faster than AtomicMall's: 10.2% vs 2.6% growth in January visitors. :blinkie: Happy001

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/auctions.overstock.com+auctions.yahoo.com+atomicmall.com+bonanzle.com/?metric=uv

Tidbit: Overstock Auctions (20,099 listings) received 65% more traffic than Bonanzle (1,255,606) in January: 469,420 visitors vs 284,248
Yeah, and mostly all of that traffic at Atomic Mall is going to one seller that sells cheap cell phone accessories. I really thinking the stuff is from China to as buyers complain of slow shipping......well yeah it's got a long way to go...LOL

That's AM's big claim to fame and he's setup at bisi right now. Wait till he gets sick of paying 5% for a Google Base feed and leaves AM.

Funny thing is the sellers know darn well their sales are from Google not AM, so I don't know why they kiss his az so much.
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18789.msg74045#msg74045 date=1234660568]
OMFG, Yahoo Auctions (77,500 visitors) received more traffic in January than AtomicMall (71,255) and it's been closed for 2 years. :blinkie: Happy001

OMdoubleFG Yahoo Auctions' traffic is growing faster than AtomicMall's: 10.2% vs 2.6% growth in January visitors. :blinkie: Happy001

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/auctions.overstock.com+auctions.yahoo.com+atomicmall.com+bonanzle.com/?metric=uv

Tidbit: Overstock Auctions (20,099 listings) received 65% more traffic than Bonanzle (1,255,606) in January: 469,420 visitors vs 284,248
[/quote]

Yahoo auctions? Yahoo??!  Whadda' hoot!!

[quote author=LittleOnlineStore link=topic=18789.msg74047#msg74047 date=1234675219]
Yeah, and mostly all of that traffic at Atomic Mall is going to one seller that sells cheap cell phone accessories. I really thinking the stuff is from China to as buyers complain of slow shipping......well yeah it's got a long way to go...LOL

That's AM's big claim to fame and he's setup at bisi right now. Wait till he gets sick of paying 5% for a Google Base feed and leaves AM.

Funny thing is the sellers know darn well their sales are from Google not AM, so I don't know why they kiss his az so much.
[/quote]

Because it's a shiny new site...and sellers are having "fun" on the forums. They've convinced one another that they're in on the ground floor of the next great site.

I've read on the OLA chats more than once conversations that go something like this:
Q: Where are the buyers? It's been three months, I'm not having any sales.
A: Welcome. You need to promote your stuff. Being active in the forums helps. You should play the Wednesday night games, too.
Q: Games? What are games?

Without forums, these sites wouldn't exist. I'll be impressed when I've heard someone in my community discussing a site as I've recently heard people talking about a tote bag one of them purchased from Etsy...and my Publishers Weekly has an article mentioning Etsy...as did a local glossy magazine, several times in more than one article...and we sure don't see Etsy's owners doinking around the forums looking for more than feedback. No, they're developing, writing business plans and securing investors. Meanwhile other sites play games and members donate things for "contests" and everyone markets a site that's not using the momentum for anything more than a circle jerk.

You're right of course. I better get crafting, so I can sell on Etsy. They do have the coolest stuff to.

I don't think a site has any chance no matter how loud sellers scream for it unless it gets on tv or in popular magazines. Look at Overstock. No one knew they existed until the TV spots. Now, we all know the name.

Etsy has been featured in a lot of magazines and so have it's sellers. You know, all of the diy stuff and "how do they make that" shows.

Buyers don't piss away their days on the computer hanging out in forums. Most of the ones hanging out in network sites don't have jobs, so they do that all day or try to sell something themselves. Even all of those articles that come out and lead to the big celebrations don't reach buyers.

However, whenever I mention TV, I am ignored. They don't want to spend the money.

Even all of the momentum that big green site is having will be lost if they don't get the buyers. Sorry, but plastering labels on packages just won't cut it.
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18789.msg74037#msg74037 date=1234412352]
Still nothing pulled that I said earlier and it has been a week. I thought an Atomic Cheerleader was going to see what could be done...  [/quote]

Where did you get the idea that I was an AM cheerleader..??

I did get one answer back for you, though.  "The ring, when owned by the seller, can be sold. What if you had a ring, and you wanted to sell it..? If it were marked with Tiffany & Co on the inside, does that mean you could never sell it..?"

I love this site for all the great info for running my Websites... Should stay away from this thread, I guess.
[quote author=justabella link=topic=18789.msg74061#msg74061 date=1234822700]
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18789.msg74037#msg74037 date=1234412352]
Still nothing pulled that I said earlier and it has been a week. I thought an Atomic Cheerleader was going to see what could be done...  [/quote]

Where did you get the idea that I was an AM cheerleader..??

I did get one answer back for you, though.  "The ring, when owned by the seller, can be sold. What if you had a ring, and you wanted to sell it..? If it were marked with Tiffany & Co on the inside, does that mean you could never sell it..?"

I love this site for all the great info for running my Websites... Should stay away from this thread, I guess.
[/quote]

I am so sorry for putting you on the level of AM cheerleaders... :-[
The way you had said it sounded like you meant you would email someone who could try to handle it.
I also checked up on it, and while Tiffany doesn't outright ban someone from selling their used jewelry, they are very picky about the way it is displayed and described to show it's authenticity. They have no problem sending legal letters to sites requiring the removal of genuine Tiffany jewelry if it has no wording that can verify that it is authentic, and not just using the word "authentic" like 99% of Chinese ripoff sellers state.
Hey did you see the new front page? The sellers say it's not such a big deal since their buyers come in through Google, but hey their 5% donation has to go somewhere.

He can't get the width right though, so just ignore the scroll bar if you have a low resolution and ignore the white space if you have high resolution.

BTW, don't actually go into the site, because none of the other pages have been updated. I guess knowing that most buyers don't see it, Mike thought that would be the first page to update. It's also the page that gets most mention in the forums along with the fact that most buyers don't see it.....LOL

And don't miss that little cart in the corner. It's real big and empty so you'll feel compelled to fill it..LMAO ;D