TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did Mikey forget the huge stink Patch raised within the Bonanzle thread regarding duplicates?  Tongue1
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18789.msg75159#msg75159 date=1252591835]the conversion rates for older listings on AM are as horrid as the conversion rates for newer listings.[/quote]

http://www.atomicmall.com/seller.php?id=12699

546 Listings
1745 Transactions since December 2008
Items Sold: Unknown, but a lot more than 1745

Quote: the 17 month mark

If the site submits to Google Product Search it takes less than 24 hours for your listings to be in front of at least some Google searchers noses - the ones who click on the shopping link at the top of every Google search results page, so with 1700 listings and  AM's best in class SEO you should have seen some immediate sales results from Product Search even if the items were on page 99 of organic web search for 17 months.

Quote:
Quote:the conversion rates for older listings on AM are as horrid as the conversion rates for newer listings.

http://www.atomicmall.com/seller.php?id=12699

546 Listings
1745 Transactions since December 2008
Items Sold: Unknown, but a lot more than 1745

I'll beat everyone else to the punch:

1700+ Atomic Mall listings
19 transactions since September 2008

Wagglepop 2 had DRM's favorite charm seller with thousands of sales, and dozens of sellers complaining both on and off WP that they were having trouble selling enough to cover the $9.95 monthly fee.

To counter the argument that older rinky dink listings receive a significant amount more traffic than newer ones, I could also point to sellers who had items listed at ePier and Bidville for 5-6 years and didn't see an increase in traffic or sales over the years .  If you check the TT Bidville forum you'll see complaints that the same items that were receiving 0 views when they were listed in 2003 were still receiving 0 views in late 2006.
OK. Maybe I went to the wrong school so someone needs to bring me up to speed.

The point of being in retail is to move merchandise thereby turning a profit which is reinvested in merchandise, marketing and promotions, paying taxes, business costs, employees and yourself. This cycle continues and is called retail business, right?

OK. Here's what I don't understand: inventory "sitting" for 12 months. A liquidation and surplus market exists because retailers either didn't turn their money over on cycle and ceased to exist or trends changed and they had to pull their investment  quickly to reinvest.

Either way, successful retailing depends on turning inventory for profit. If you're parking things for months and even years you're not in retail. You're in warehousing. A whole different industry.

Or did I miss some course work??

Confessed Communist China bound "patriot" and "Admiral" from the navy, Patch:
http://www.powersellersunite.com/search.php?search_id=440193620&start=0
10 pages of comments about Bonanzle, a site he does not like nor sell on, but flashes his "Pound for Pound" article all over that he continually moderates and removes comments from (as with all his Examiner articles) to keep the PSU'ers from seeing the truth about. Maybe he thinks he is already living in China and the media needs to be censored.  Thefinger
If you don't believe it, just leave any on topic comment for his AM articles and watch it go *POOF*

The marketplace spam king Mikey:
http://www.powersellersunite.com/search.php?search_id=744754227&start=0
38 posts in the Bonanzle forum, a site that he does not sell on but flashes his "big deal" banner across.
Maybe he's trying to be a big deal by posting in a more successful site's forum so he can really be one someday.

The spam queen
http://www.powersellersunite.com/search.php?search_id=1702662652&start=0
With 205 posts flashing her AM banner in the Bonanzle forum. After proof of less than 100 sales yearly (based on feedback, not claims) and only 17 on AM in a year, with only 1% of her inventory listed at 1700 items, still finds time to post 205 times in the wrong forum with one line statements like "That's a nice feature" just to get her banner visible.
[quote author=rho link=topic=18789.msg75166#msg75166 date=1252605668]
OK. Maybe I went to the wrong school so someone needs to bring me up to speed.

The point of being in retail is to move merchandise thereby turning a profit which is reinvested in merchandise, marketing and promotions, paying taxes, business costs, employees and yourself. This cycle continues and is called retail business, right?

OK. Here's what I don't understand: inventory "sitting" for 12 months. A liquidation and surplus market exists because retailers either didn't turn their money over on cycle and ceased to exist or trends changed and they had to pull their investment  quickly to reinvest.

Either way, successful retailing depends on turning inventory for profit. If you're parking things for months and even years you're not in retail. You're in warehousing. A whole different industry.

Or did I miss some course work??
[/quote]

That's reality. You are dealing with Rinky Dink-ality here. Perhaps you need an educational refresher course:
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.ph...692.0.html
Quote:
the 17 month mark

If the site submits to Google Product Search it takes less than 24 hours for your listings to be in front of at least some Google searchers noses - the ones who click on the shopping link at the top of every Google search results page, so with 1700 listings and  AM's best in class SEO you should have seen some immediate sales results from Product Search even if the items were on page 99 of organic web search for 17 months.

My sales from Google product search/web search visitors are 51%/49%.

Using the 17 month logic (and for the moment pretending the 51%/49% breakdown is a constant across all sellers), all 19 of those AM transactions during the first year were probably from Product search so once the store hits the 17 month mark and visitors start streaming in from web search it should be hitting its full potential....38 annual sales from 1700 listings on AtomicMall  :twistedevil: Happy001
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=18789.msg75168#msg75168 date=1252605965]

That's reality. You are dealing with Rinky Dink-ality here. Perhaps you need an educational refresher course:
http://community.tuliptools.com/index.php/topic,17692.0.html
[/quote]

Oooh, yikes! The hair on the back of my neck stood up reading some of that! Rinky Dink-ality? Inoculation should be mandatory.

[quote author=amy link=topic=18789.msg75169#msg75169 date=1252606189]
Quote:
the 17 month mark

My sales from Google product search/web search visitors are 51%/49%.

Using the 17 month logic (and for the moment pretending the 51%/49% breakdown is a constant across all sellers), all 19 of those AM transactions during the first year were probably from Product search so once the store hits the 17 month mark and visitors start streaming in from web search it should be hitting its full potential....38 annual sales from 1700 listings on AtomicMall  :twistedevil: Happy001
[/quote]

From profoundly pathetic to pathetic. Apparently some would consider that an improvement.  If ya' drink from the fountain of Rinky Dink-ality! I'm likin' that term, xwpopper  Happy001 Happy001 Happy001

post deleted
[quote author=PowerSeller link=topic=18789.msg75171#msg75171 date=1252615916]
post deleted
[/quote]
Quote:post deleted isn't defined yet, but these are close:

4. pdb
Post deleting bitc.h.

He just deleted his post! PDB!
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.ph...st+deleted