TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You left out one with 303,000 uniques vs AM's 79,500...

O Auctions
Bidville, a site that closed 2 years ago, gets on average as much traffic as aSs, a site that has been "established" for over 2 years...
http://siteanalytics.compete.com/alsosho...ville.com/
Their traffic was also up...
Thefinger Happy001
Yet, the goof continues to ban people that disagree with him and his kissy assy head cheerleader.
sisssss booommmmmmm bah
Which is good, because the more people he bans the less will have to look at his site.

Well, the good news is that Alison actually had 5 sales last month....way to go! That's a big improvement from the 2 she had the month before. I see that this month, she has 5 sales and the month is only half over...woo hoo!

I guess this proves that Atomic Mall is definitely worth spending hours on each day and sitting in the forums as a moderator.

If I had known that spending hours a day at AM and on their forums could bring me 5 sales a month, I would have begged Mike to let me live on the site.  Thumbsup
WOW!!!  5 Sales last month?  WOW guess it pays off to be head cheerleader! 

This all reminds me so much of another goof that behaved in the same way and the site just waggled right off of the planet.
Quote:...to's PSU store looks horrid

When someone on a forum criticizes the appearance of a seller's website there are 2 things the seller can do:

A. (the time wasting asinine option): join the forum, hit the report to moderator button and whine that someone said your store looks like shit.  Option A will not help your sales.

B. (the intelligent thing to do): compare your site to your largest competitors' sites (not your boardie buddies' sites) and ask yourself if it looks better or worse than the competition.  If it looks worse then you need to spend your time making improvements.  Option B will help your sales.

Here's another tip which could be used by some sellers to improve their sales:

If your site's privacy policy says "How Secure Is Information About Me? We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you provide to us for purchasing of our products or services" and I click on the "register/create account" or "checkout" page and get an unsecure http page that asks me to provide my billing information I'm going to hit the back button and buy from one of your competitors who bought an SSL certificate and provides a secure checkout.  My advice: go to Google, type SSL certificate in the search box, and click on either the $12.99 GoDaddy SSL ad or the $12.67 Register.com SSL ad.  The small investment in an SSL certificate will provide you with a much larger increase in sales than adding clickable signatures on a dozen rinky dink auction site boards or seller forums could ever provide.

Hope this helps.

The dynamic dipstick spamming duo has been very active the past 2 weeks on EVERY new auction site thread at PSU.  First the Atomic Spammer posts, then the stray puppy he rescued follows with praise for her master and/or spam for AM. :Smile

The site's been open 17 months already.  When does the first advertising campaign targeted to BUYERS begin?
me Wrote:The site's been open 17 months already.  When does the first advertising campaign targeted to BUYERS begin?

AM's big Black Friday advertising campaign:

AtomicMikey on PSU, Pheebay, Sellers Lounge Wrote:Greetings and happy holidays!  Smile

Just a quick pop-in to let everyone know that Atomic Mall will be showcasing a Black Friday sale event today, Nov. 27th. I invite everyone to stop in and check out the 500+ pages of discounts being offered by our great sellers, with more being added hourly . . .

After this event is over, many of our merchants will be restocking their shelves and adding new sale merchandise for our Cyber Monday event on Nov. 30, so be sure to check in with us Monday as well. It promises to be a field day for deep discount seekers and bargain hunters.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-28...tml#285281

Lizard Wrote:Black Friday refers to shopping at physical stores in the real world.
AtomicMikey Wrote:Really? I guess no one told Amazon and Newegg...

I guess no one told Amazon and New Egg that forum posts and signature banners on seller forums are the best way to reach Black Friday shoppers...  Confusedtolensmiley:

I SAID ADVERTISING TO BUYERS, NOT SELLERS, YOU IDIOT!  BangHead BangHead
[quote author=sneakymagenta link=topic=18789.msg75554#msg75554 date=1259372797]
me Wrote:The site's been open 17 months already.  When does the first advertising campaign targeted to BUYERS begin?

AM's big Black Friday advertising campaign:

AtomicMikey on PSU, Pheebay, Sellers Lounge Wrote:Greetings and happy holidays!  Smile

Just a quick pop-in to let everyone know that Atomic Mall will be showcasing a Black Friday sale event today, Nov. 27th. I invite everyone to stop in and check out the 500+ pages of discounts being offered by our great sellers, with more being added hourly . . .

After this event is over, many of our merchants will be restocking their shelves and adding new sale merchandise for our Cyber Monday event on Nov. 30, so be sure to check in with us Monday as well. It promises to be a field day for deep discount seekers and bargain hunters.
http://www.powersellersunite.com/post-28...tml#285281

Lizard Wrote:Black Friday refers to shopping at physical stores in the real world.
AtomicMikey Wrote:Really? I guess no one told Amazon and Newegg...

I guess no one told Amazon and New Egg that forum posts and signature banners on seller forums are the best way to reach Black Friday shoppers...  Confusedtolensmiley:

I SAID ADVERTISING TO BUYERS, NOT SELLERS, YOU IDIOT!  BangHead BangHead
[/quote]

Looks like the worlds best SEO and  spamming the choir is having an effect on business. AtomicMall's  traffic trajectory reversed itself and is now very near late 2008 levels.

The effectiveness of their not-so-clever-tag-team-spamathons is plummeting along with PSU's traffic. I don't expect they'll make the correlation and correct their course.
Elgato on Black Friday Wrote:As for online items moving? Apparently online buyers are waiting for Monday for some odd reason.

Maybe they're just waiting for you to install an SSL certificate on your store.  As for the listings on AlsoShop,  it's unlikely they'll ever move because a site that averages 243 daily visitors and 503 page views (both numbers from Quantcast) is unlikely to ever produce any meaningful sales for sellers (as proven by AlsoShop's measly site wide 48 sales and $176 GMV over the period 11/25-11/27).

Rho Wrote:The effectiveness of their not-so-clever-tag-team-spamathons is plummeting along with PSU's traffic

I thought it was interesting that Mikey compared Black Friday sales to the previous 6 Fridays rather than giving a Y/Y comparison.

AtomicMall Wrote:Quick stat: Atomic Mall's Black Friday gross revenues saw an increase of 43% over the Friday averages for the previous six weeks. It was also our largest Friday sales volume since July.

Quantcast gives a clue why he didn't compare this Black Friday to last year: current average daily traffic 3.9K, peak daily traffic 7.8K on 12/8/08.  Current daily visits  4.4K with a peak of 8.7K on 12/8/08.  current daily page views 11.3K with a peak of 41.2K on 1/30/09.