TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Please please please report me.  If I can banned over stating obvious facts then so be it.

Considering sciencefare hates PSU so much he started his own sellers forum and used the PSU message system to recruit PSU members to join his forum, I think I am perfectly within my rights to point out the hypocrisy of hating PSU, trying to steal its users, and then remaining on PSU stirring up trouble, provoking others and then reporting them so they get banned. 

Destroy from within shall we say DaLizardsLair?
Quote:Ever notice the "posting police" are usually not even PSU supporters.  Then they make it a point to state "REPORTED!!".  Like they are special for being tattle tales. 

Reporting the spammers is one thing....but picking a fight with someone and then reporting them for fighting back is so kindergarten.

Cohiba has just stated the truth, no more no less.

Cohiba and elliemay are being brave today.
AtomicMall from PSU yellow card thread Wrote:As the "Mark Cuban" of online auction industry site owners, naturally I have two of them.

If he wants to build a fixed price marketplace that is "kind of a big deal" and that will attract buyers,  it might be advisable for him to stop viewing ASs, OLA, and the other OAI forum promoted auction sites as his competition and instead view the Amazons, Buy.coms, and NewEggMalls of the world as his true multi-seller venue competitors for fixed price buyers' wallets.  A switch in reading material from PSU threads and Auctionbytes to Internet Retailer and Get Elastic might help too in his quest to transform himself from a board spamming boinktard to a fixed price mall "kind of a big deal". Smile

Quote: Ever notice the "posting police" are usually not even PSU supporters.  Then they make it a point to state "REPORTED!!".  Like they are special for being tattle tale

I have a hard time even considering the members of the "posting police" to be sellers since their daily post counts are more than the number of items they sell in one month (in the case of SF more than the number of items he sells in 6 months).  If you spend more time on the boards than you do working on your business you need to rethink your priorities if you want your business to have any degree of success
You nailed it Cohiba!  Icon_salut 

LIZARD is a moron to believe that the moderators actually read anything before acting. Bob told me that he takes action when he receives a number of blue cards on the same post, and he doesn't necessarily bother reading a thread before issuing a yellow card.  Are we to believe that Bob's FREE moderators, both members of SF's PSU clone site, actually go that extra mile to be fair and balanced to those who are attacked by SF and his band of flying, lying monkeys?  The real truth? SF orchestrates a blue card frenzy and people get banned by Bob's mutinous moderators.

I'm inclined to believe the way LOS does... PSU is all about the Stores & hosting. Disgruntled ebay power sellers are deliberately misdirected to questionable or tiny little sites like AM or OLA where they are likely to be dissatisfied, return to PSU and seek guidance about opening "a store". It's like fishing in a barrel, or rather, it used to be.

Bob is M.I.A., but he knows what's going on at his site... he just doesn't give a crap.
Quote:PSU is all about the Stores & hosting. Disgruntled ebay power sellers are deliberately misdirected to questionable or tiny little sites like AM or OLA where they are likely to be dissatisfied, return to PSU and seek guidance about opening "a store". It's like fishing in a barrel, or rather, it used to be.

PSU was great in the beginning. I was one of the first thousand in, and we actually talked about how to deal with eBay's changes, problems, errors, mistakes, etc. Then, we talked about how we could diversify with a site like Amazon or Overstock, and how to and where to setup our own websites to draw traffic from eBay. We discussed how we could work around eBay's linking policies to get our websites in front of eBay customers. Occasionally, someone would introduce a new "auction site" or talk about Bidville, OLA, or Ebid, and I would read but never really responded. It was slowly transformed, with most of the members (including myself for a year or so) into the rinky dink link farm it was until early last year. That's when I stopped posting, removed links to my sites, and I haven't signed in other than to contact someone Mo and Ray, Sciencefare, or Lizard were harassing a couple times.

Now, it is all based on a few sites wanting to bash everyone else, and there are no more real business people left there with the exception of Cohiba, Gael, and a couple others. That's what has ruined the site and caused a 75% drop in traffic since this time last year. Those few sites began to dominate and spam every thread, "counsel" the others on their actions, and eventually try to get anyone who disagreed banned.

PSU's main existence now is selling the really poorly programmed, buggy, and security flawed Joomla/Virtuemart combo. A couple hundred sites a month is a couple thousand bucks a month. Just like WP Ray did, it's too easy not to keep it going.

Quote:You nailed it Cohiba!
No, he missed one point...
Sciencefare has 445 feedback comments on eBay in 10 years.
Cohiba's feedback in 30 days: 444
It may have something to do with the fact that SF is jealous that he has never been able to sel jack $hit from his "business" on eBay, and Cohiba actually knows something about a business.

Well, I think a lot of it was a setup for ScienceFairy and his site. He thought he could be a PSU mod and ban away. When they said no, him and Patch thought they would lead and others would just follow.

The complete failure of OSU must have them realizing they mean just as little to other sellers as they do to buyers. Even Patch with his AM articles hasn't had many followers.

People just don't follow those they don't respect. Of course, not many respect me either, so I actually have to go out there and bring in members instead of stealing them away from a site.

Looks like they have just been too lazy to actively promote their site.
Quote:I feel that the OP s question has been answered
and to avoid hard feelings am closing this thread.
Thanks,
Lana
Should read: "I've pissed off the majority of members again, so I'm just gonna close down the thread till y'all cool off."

She really should go back to doing whatever she was doing before digging her nose back into PSU. At least Elgato wasn't so obvious with his yellow carding agenda. She might as well just fess up whatever arrangement she made with ScienceFairy.
Quote: Looks like they have just been too lazy to actively promote their site.

Marketing wouldn't help OSU.  A second rate PSU clone like OSU has about as much chance of success as any of the hundreds of second rate PHP Pro Bid powered eBay clones  do...virtually no chance.

If you don't offer anything that differentiates your site's offerings from the market leader or the pack of imitators you can build it and they won't come...merely slapping a crappy logo and a few cheap mods on a $160 auction script or using a grey color scheme instead of yellow with your PSU clone phpBB forum isn't going to be enough to make people want to switch en masse from the market leader to your site.
[size=12px]
If we can't make subjective statements here, then where can we go? If we can't state an opinion here, then where can we do so?
[/size]
[size=12px]You'll be receiving a PM from SF soon, Innerpuppie.  [/size][size=12px]Enter Knawler... a brand new member who just happens to post [/size][size=12px]to RiverRat's thread. I don't know why people have to play such games.  Why hide behind an unknown ID?  [/size]
If it's a banned member, they'll just get banned again. Weird and then to post the links cause they found them during search. Are they just missing the point?

Lana should have read up on the situation before taking over. She probably has no clue as to what has been going on. Ignorance maybe or PSU wasn't worth the trouble.

Then, where can you go? Tulip Tools for one Wink Darn, I should've put a link to here before I got banned....ugh. Oh well, maybe in my next life.