TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: Atomic Mall's Owner Preaches the Seller to Seller Sales Doctrine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AtomicMall's owner is also preaching that posting on OAI seller forums  is essential to sales.  Smile

AtomicMall.com Wrote:I realize you may have legitimate reasons for not identifying yourself in the forums, but you must realize that it's kind of a double-edged sword, because it most certainly hurts your exposure. The ability to add a store link to your posts can work wonders, especially if you visit lots of forums. The curiosity factor alone will drive a good deal of traffic to your store which otherwise might never have known about you...

Also, places like Squidoo, Plumdrop and Everyplaceisell.com are great sites for increasing your web presence. I highly recommend using them if you haven't already. In fact, we're having a Squidoo Lens Contest right now with a $200 first prize....

FYI, Plumdrop's motto is "the place where sellers meet".  Everyplaceisell is a directory primarily frequented by sellers.

Rumors that Jeff Bezos and the CEOs of several other IR500 merchants have joined PSU and are using signature links on OAI seller forums to dramatically boost their buyer traffic are still unconfirmed at press time. :twistedevil:

[quote author=mandy link=topic=18224.msg73431#msg73431 date=1228553403]
AtomicMall's owner is also preaching that posting on OAI seller forums  is essential to sales.  Smile

AtomicMall.com Wrote:I realize you may have legitimate reasons for not identifying yourself in the forums, but you must realize that it's kind of a double-edged sword, because it most certainly hurts your exposure. The ability to add a store link to your posts can work wonders, especially if you visit lots of forums. The curiosity factor alone will drive a good deal of traffic to your store which otherwise might never have known about you...

Also, places like Squidoo, Plumdrop and Everyplaceisell.com are great sites for increasing your web presence. I highly recommend using them if you haven't already. In fact, we're having a Squidoo Lens Contest right now with a $200 first prize....
[/quote]

"exposure", "work wonders", and "good deal of traffic" defined:

Atomic Mall cheerleader Wrote:I have had 5 GCO payments this week and only one fraudpal.

Being "an engaged part of the community" produced a measly 6 sales for that seller on AtomicMall and Ecrater during the busiest week of the year. :Smile
' Wrote:Being "an engaged part of the community"
Quote:"exposure", "work wonders", and "good deal of traffic" defined:

"Being an engaged part of the community" ,"exposure", "work wonders", and "good deal of traffic" defined: Bidville's 0.000000000001% STR from 2000-2007.  Happy001
AtomicMall seller Wrote:Hmmm
Still not one sale yet on AM for me.
AtomicMall's Forum Junkie Owner to AtomicMall Seller Who Complained of NO SALES Wrote:As long as you keep a skeleton inventory, keep your AM prices decidedly higher than the other high visibility venues you advertise on, keep your AM store off of great portals like Plumdrop, Squidoo, Everyplaceisell, Kaboodle and others, refrain from introducing yourself and your store in our forums, and generally put zero effort into promotion, I doubt you will have many sales, if any.

Let me ask you an honest question, given your previous comment history and public disdain for marketplace venues in general: Did you open a store on AM with the sincere intent to move product, or were you more interested in simply using it as a vehicle to validate repeated comments in PSU and elsewhere about having "no sales" there?

You've already admitted that your original intent was to "game the system" at AM, so forgive me if I tend to question your motives

AtomicMall (4,700 active members): posting and spamming on seller forums, promoting your store on seller social networks and directories are necessary to get a handful of sales

Amazon (80,000,000 plus active members) and eBay (80,000,000 plus active members):  my annual sales are comfortably in the six figures on both sites and I NEVER promote my listings or post in the forums or go near Plumdrop, Everyplaceisell, or Squidoo.
AtomicMall's owner revolutionizes the field of customer service with his "if the customer isn't a Kool-Aid drinking cheerleader, publicly bash the hell out of him" approach:

AtomicMall seller Wrote:Hey AM

One more question if I may.

Are YOU and your site PCI DSS Compliant?

I only ask because you take in a lot of information.
Including people's cc numbers and stuff.
So... can you please show us your PCI DSS Compliance
Certificate >>> please?
AtomicMall owner Wrote:I'll be happy to address that as soon as you answer my original question and provide a credible and substantive argument to back it up. Sorry, but you don't get to ignore my inquiries outright, while demanding that I address yours.

I think your true motives are becoming more apparent with each post you type. Wouldn't you agree?

EDIT: An AtomicMall cheerleader and a moderator of Atomic Mall's forum have joined in on the "bash the seller for daring to state a fact (no sales)" Kool-Aid chugging fest at PSU.  Is AtomicMall owner Mike Shannon's role model Wagglepop's Ray Romeo?

EDIT 2: OMFG, a PSU poster who realizes that seller to seller sales will get you nowhere!

seller Wrote:LET me get this right.

YOU and 'others' THINK that...

You can sell your wares
(and make a living)
by flooding the search engines using
Plumdrop, Squidoo, Everyplaceisell, Kaboodle and others?

OMFG Shocked

No wonder so many are so desperate.
Quote:a business plan that relies on seller to seller sales will get you nowhere!

The past decade of OAI history confirms that fact.

Quote:An AtomicMall cheerleader and a moderator of Atomic Mall's forum have joined in on the "bash the seller for daring to state a fact (no sales)" Kool-Aid chugging fest at PSU.  Is AtomicMall owner Mike Shannon's role model Wagglepop's Ray Romeo?

:popcorneaters:
If a user dares to publicly state they haven't had any sales on AtomicMall, they aren't a "legitimate user" according to AtomicMall's shit for brains owner Mike Shannon:

AtomicMall seller who stated they haven't sold anything on AtomicMall Wrote:So Are YOU and your site PCI DSS Compliant?
Mike Shannon AtomicMall owner Wrote:I fully realize you're only asking the question with hopes of creating controversy to prop up your little crusade, but for the benefit of legitimate users of our site who may be interested, the answer is yes, we are.

Quote:If a user dares to publicly state they haven't had any sales on AtomicMall, they aren't a "legitimate user"

I must have clicked on the Wagglepop thread by mistake...  ;D

edited to add:

the AtomicMall sales numbers I've read from the site's cheerleaders who claim sales are booming on the site definitely aren't what I would consider good:

"almost a sale a day"
"I joined in July and have had 16 sales already"
"26 sales in a few months"

Sorry, but "almost a sale a day" isn't enough sales for me to devote resources/time to a sales channel--not to mention the fact that I won't even waste my time on any site whose member list is only a fraction of the size of my customer list.  My main reason for using any sales channel is customer acquisition/marketing.  Venues with millions of users like Amazon and Play, and CSE's like Thefind, Pronto, etc have enough users to justify my devoting resources to them as part of a customer acquisition strategy.  A site with 4700 users (the majority of them sellers) like AtomicMall doesn't.
Quote:Is AtomicMall owner Mike Shannon's role model Wagglepop's Ray Romeo?

The similarities between the two don't end with the public castigating of sellers who fail to drink enough Kool-Aid.  Just as Ray Romeo continues to sell on eBay so does...

http://shops.half.ebay.com/atomicmall

Quote:EDIT: An AtomicMall cheerleader and a moderator of Atomic Mall's forum have joined in on the "bash the seller for daring to state a fact (no sales)" Kool-Aid chugging fest at PSU.

AtomicMall's owner, 2 AtomicMall moderators, plus 2 cheerleaders attacked the seller after he stated he hadn't sold anything on AtomicMall.
Quote:http://shops.half.ebay.com/atomicmall

4.5 shipping cost DSRs = shipping gouger

100 fewer feedback than Ray Romeo and it took him 2 more years to do it = 43 year old loser Mike Shannon's claims of being a high volume seller are BS.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BREAKING NEWS:

ATOMICMALL BANS SELLER BECAUSE SELLER TRUTHFULLY POSTED ON PSU THAT HE HADN'T SOLD ANYTHING SINCE JOINING ATOMICMALL

seller banned by AtomicMall for stating he hadn't sold anything yet Wrote:.
I opened a store on AM with the intent to move product.
Having "no sales" there... was simply, a truthful statement/post about my experience so far.
Also, I don't post 'elsewhere' about this site, only here.

BTW I had 8-10 of my best selling items up on AM.
(All in quantities ranging from 4 to 10 available)
Funny, I just went to check and make sure of the numbers and see I've been kicked off.

Wow.
So, asking questions and or commenting on an up and coming alt site now gets you banned? Shocked

Very 'eBayish' if you ask me. Rolling Eyes

Amazing, simply amazing.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The 2 AtomicMall moderators who participated in the gangbash of the seller on PSU were ShopShay_2007 (shopshaysportscards on AtomicMall) and sciencefare. PSU should require all rinky dink site owners and paid/unpaid rinky dink site staff/moderators to identify themselves.  OTWA used to require it, TT requires it, why doesn't PSU?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EDIT:

That seller wasn't the only seller who has been banned by  Kool-Aid Cult AtomicMall for asking simple business questions

PSU user Wrote:Wow - that's 10 terminated so far (according to various blogs) that I've read. Seems that AM is becoming the new OLA

(OLA=OnlineAuction.com, a site which inflates its listing count and bans anybody who complains about lack of sales or site glitches)