TulipTools Internet Business Owners and Online Sellers Community

Full Version: PlunderHere and AlsoShop: A Web of Privacy Violations, Backstabbing, and Deceit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[quote author=xwpopper link=topic=9139.msg69199#msg69199 date=1208492537]
Superdeals is either the biggest con since Ray Romeo, or the biggest sucker since the WP cultist movement.
[/quote]

Looks like the latter is true...

It's posted on the PH forums as well.
He only thought she was staying. Now, she has a new site with Ray at the steering wheel. AuctionQuests domain is no longer registered to his name, so he must have needed a new project.
Perhaps she really planned to stay on as admin for the US site, then saw all the negatives coming out this past week, chief cheerleaders turning on her, and decided to stay FAAARRR away. But maybe she saw a chance to actually make some money off the site by selling it, and found a sucker to take it over.
It seems to me like the title of this thread was changed just in time for the changes.
Quote:Mojavelyn Resigns from PlunderHere "Email Notification"!!!!

It looks like we forced her to reveal her plans 2 weeks early. Before her role in AlsoShop was publicly exposed she had confided to a few people last week that she was going to resign on May 1st to take over as admin at AlsoShop.

Quote:maybe she saw a chance to actually make some money off the site by selling it, and found a sucker to take it over.

She definitely found a sucker, and when you consider that Mo and her silent partner Ray started negotiations with Palgold in December and registered the new Alsoshop domain in January and started actively building the site in March as they were finalizing the sale it becomes obvious that their intent all along was to screw the new owner.  FYI-this is from a second hand source, but unconfirmed rumors are that the wire transfer payments for the sale of Plunderhere were sent to Ray's account not Mo's.

Both her and AuctionQuest Ray were also willing to potentially screw every single seller at PlunderHere by forcing the new owner to move the site off Ray's server on very short notice.

mo Wrote:we will all continue to work to create real options and choices for the members of the OAI.

I really don't see any benefit to the sellers of the OAI from Mo and Ray's plan to siphon sellers and sales off of a site (PH) with an already low GMV under $10K and move them to a new site (AS) with absolutely no buyers.  The only two members of the OAI who benefit from this are Mo and Ray.
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=9139.msg69236#msg69236 date=1208584869]
I really don't see any benefit to the sellers of the OAI from Mo and Ray's plan to siphon sellers and sales off of a site (PH) with an already low GMV under $10K and move them to a new site (AS) with absolutely no buyers.  The only two members of the OAI who benefit from this are Mo and Ray.
[/quote]

Exactly, whatever SEO the sellers who have switched to AlSoShop had (little if any) into their stores and listings at PH, it was all wiped clean like how Ray Romeo pulled the plug in 05' at WP. Regardless if AQ Ray owns the site or not, the blame falls squarely upon Mo. AQ Ray isn't the spokesperson dishing out the line of BS, Mo is. The sellers who have switched are the blind believers in Mo, little do they know they have been the pawns of scamming a scam artist.

Let the Truth be Told
[quote author=bargainbloodhound link=topic=9139.msg69236#msg69236 date=1208584869]
Quote:Mojavelyn Resigns from PlunderHere "Email Notification"!!!!

1. It looks like we forced her to reveal her plans 2 weeks early. Before her role in AlsoShop was publicly exposed she had confided to a few people last week that she was going to resign on May 1st to take over as admin at AlsoShop.

2. Both her and AuctionQuest Ray were also willing to potentially screw every single seller at PlunderHere by forcing the new owner to move the site off Ray's server on very short notice.

3. I really don't see any benefit to the sellers of the OAI from Mo and Ray's plan to siphon sellers and sales off of a site (PH) with an already low GMV under $10K and move them to a new site (AS) with absolutely no buyers.  The only two members of the OAI who benefit from this are Mo and Ray.
[/quote]

1. How dumb does she think the online selling community is? After all the alternative owners scamming us, and eBay many, many times screwing us, does she not realize that we have become very sophisticated in our rat smelling techniques?

2. AQ Ray really is no more from what I can tell, since he no longer owns the domain nor hosts the site... He transferred it 1 week after registering AlsoShop. We should come up with a new name... BS Ray? B (boinktard) S (fill in adjective)

3. They won't even benefit. They have ruined their names entirely. I know of one site owner that requested a chargeback when all this started coming to light, when he refused to deactivate his mods on the site and refund them. He told Mark he was restructuring his business. That's putting it lightly when your customers start demanding money back after your true colors come out. Then, if you look at the sites he hosts and domains he owns, he is even into providing illegal downloads (look back a few pages.) Then, add Mo into it with the way she has abandoned all the sellers who believed completely in her vision and leadership. This betrayal is just one step below WP1. If either of them benefit I will be shocked. I now actually wish Mark the best since the only programmer for the site (Ray) has jumped ship. All the work he did would cost a fortune for someone else to modify, and Mark will be stuck paying the bill. Maybe Mark isn't as bad a guy as we thought at first (Meaning not quite as bad as a trojan spam downloader) but he has likely made another horrible business decision.

[quote author=let the truth be told link=topic=9139.msg69237#msg69237 date=1208585945]

Exactly, whatever SEO the sellers who have switched to AlSoShop had (little if any) into their stores and listings at PH, it was all wiped clean like how Ray Romeo pulled the plug in 05' at WP. Regardless if AQ Ray owns the site or not, the blame falls squarely upon Mo. AQ Ray isn't the spokesperson dishing out the line of BS, Mo is. The sellers who have switched are the blind believers in Mo, little do they know they have been the pawns of scamming a scam artist.
[/quote]

Come on now... Remember Mo's introduction into the PH sale announcement and server move? She strongly encouraged all members to backup their listings. Why? Not to protect them on PH, but so they can be easily moved.

Quote from Mo:
"I will be keeping in touch with several members here. If anyone would like to say hi occaisionally, I would like that as well..."
Interpretation - Beware of AlsoShop spam.

Last little note before bedtime...
AlsoShop's WhoIs admin contact has changed since yesterday from Ray to Mo.
      Jester, Lynette 
      AlsoShop LLC
      PO Box 65985
      Ridgecrest, California 93555
Quote:Last little note before bedtime...
      Jester, Lynette
      AlsoShop LLC
      PO Box 65985

Domaintools keeps a history of WHOIS records so S Ray's involvement in the site can't be erased by changing the WHOIS.  Smile
[quote author=mandy link=topic=9139.msg69244#msg69244 date=1208602087]
Quote:Last little note before bedtime...
      Jester, Lynette
      AlsoShop LLC
      PO Box 65985

Domaintools keeps a history of WHOIS records so S Ray's involvement in the site can't be erased by changing the WHOIS.  Smile
[/quote]

Who needs DomainTools when you have Sneaky and Google cache?

4/18/08 WHOIS:

Quote:ALSOSHOP.COM

Registrant:
S Ray
102 Palmetto
Oldsmar, Florida 34677
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ALSOSHOP.COM
Created on: 10-Jan-08
Expires on: 11-Jan-09
Last Updated on: 10-Jan-08

Administrative Contact:
Ray, S support@sportsfanauctions.com
102 Palmetto
Oldsmar, Florida 34677
United States
(727) 781-3007

Technical Contact:
Ray, S support@sportsfanauctions.com
102 Palmetto
Oldsmar, Florida 34677
United States
(727) 781-3007

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HOSTEDINFLORIDA.COM
NS2.HOSTEDINFLORIDA.COM

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

4/19 WHOIS

Quote:ALSOSHOP.COM

Registrant:
AlsoShop LLC

PO Box 65985
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ALSOSHOP.COM
Created on: 10-Jan-08
Expires on: 11-Jan-09
Last Updated on: 10-Jan-08

Administrative Contact:
Jester, Lynette admin@alsoshop.com
AlsoShop LLC
PO Box 65985
United States

Technical Contact:
Jester, Lynette admin@alsoshop.com
AlsoShop LLC
PO Box 65985
United States

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.HOSTEDINFLORIDA.COM
NS2.HOSTEDINFLORIDA.COM

E-D-I-T
They used a fake phone number on the new registration.
Report Alsoshop.com for invalid WHOIS. 
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/registrar...asp?se=%2B&ci=4855&domain=alsoshop.com&app%5Fhdr=0&isc=&prog_id=godaddy

E-D-I-T 2
Neither Endicia nor the USPS website can validate the PO Box number.
Quote:We're sorry! We were unable to process your request.

The address was not found. Please check the address below.

E-D-I-T 3
Alsoshop LLC was either registered after 4/11 or it's fake too.  Nada in CA , NV, DE, FL corporate databases.
These are Not Your Alternative to eBay Auction Sites, These are Fronts for
Behind the Scenes ....

My Opinion From Checking Things Out is That These are Not Being Sold, They
are a Group Who Passes Sites To Each Other, Thereby Operating the Real Behind
Business' That Have Absolutely Nothing to Do With Auctions
Quote:Alsoshop LLC was either registered after 4/11 or it's fake too.  Nada in CA , NV, DE, FL corporate databases.

My vote would be that they went into panic mode this week and registered the LLC to shield themselves from potential liability.  They also bought a new (cheap RapidSSL) SSL certificate for the site yesterday.
OK folks...ya found it out. It's a conspiracy of only a few people owning these sites and making big bucks off of selling them to unsuspecting nincompoops!!! (I also have land on Mars that I can sell ya...cheap)

Ray is a backer. Mo is Mo. If you know here...love her or hate her.....you know her. Bad timing, lack of finances and a load of other crud makes this a botched effort.

I have nothing against Ray other than he is a business man. Mo....I think she did what she had to do to get out of PH and out from under the new owner. Mo is a nut and I like her.....craziness and all.

And knowing Mo.....she isn't likely to do any explaining to anyone...no matter how many digs you make at her. ( Can't say as I blame her really. But I do think a little PR would help her efforts.)

[quote author=UBC BD link=topic=9139.msg69250#msg69250 date=1208622548]
OK folks...ya found it out. It's a conspiracy of only a few people owning these sites and making big bucks off of selling them to unsuspecting nincompoops!!! (I also have land on Mars that I can sell ya...cheap)

Ray is a backer. Mo is Mo. If you know here...love her or hate her.....you know her. Bad timing, lack of finances and a load of other crud makes this a botched effort.

I have nothing against Ray other than he is a business man. Mo....I think she did what she had to do to get out of PH and out from under the new owner. Mo is a nut and I like her.....craziness and all.

And knowing Mo.....she isn't likely to do any explaining to anyone...no matter how many digs you make at her. ( Can't say as I blame her really. But I do think a little PR would help her efforts.)

[/quote]

From everything I've seen and heard, and from watching Mo do her thing on other forums and sites, she is a scammer who cares nothing for her customers, much as she might like you to think that she does. It is very, very clear, IMO. Mo is in it for herself, and she is treading on the edge of legality, if she is not already over it.